PDA

View Full Version : Croatia to Tenerife

munze1
10-06-2012, 10:30
Hallo to all
I am Nebojsa from Belgrade, Serbia but I am currently live in Zagreb, Croatia ( my wife is from Zagreb:) )
Our plan is to move to Tenerife in short future and I am interested to know what can we do to move there legal. I am Serbian citizen and I have permission to stay in Croatia but I havent Croatian citizenship, my wife are Croatian citizen. In July 2013 Croatia become member of EU and after that happen we plan to start moving to Tenerife. Ill be glad to hear any relevant information how to succeed. We dont have to much money but we are both hard workers, and we are good in many crafts, sailing and maintenance sailing boats I also have yacht master A license ( I hope I can do something with that :) )
thanks in advance for any information I dont expect that will be easy, going to another country and leave your life behind I move myself few times in my life and I know what that mean I was living in Russia and in Turkey and now in Croatia. In here its not bad for living but its not very good :) we have one safe option to move in Canada but I dont like this cos I live in Moscow and its not good its so coooold. We both love sea and sun and we are sure we can success in that.

thanks for any information

best regards

Nebojsa

Harmonicaman
10-06-2012, 11:04
Welcome to the forum Nebojsa. I'm afraid I don't know the legalities of a move from Croatia to Tenerife, hopefully someone who has experience of this will see this post. Best of luck to you anyway.:)

In The Sun
10-06-2012, 11:12
Hi, I have a friend who had all the necessary sailing licenses from the UK authorities. When he moved over here he expected to find a job either as a sailing trainer or just taking people out on pleasure trips.
However, in Tenerife they would not accept any of his qualification. He was told that he would have to start again and take all the exams and test in Spanish. The cost and time necessary to do this made it impossible for him.
He was unable to find any work in the boat / sailing industry and was forced to return to the UK where he was able to find work as a pleasure boat captain

So my advice is be very careful as Tenerife is full of people who can do building / maintenance work and a lot of them are having problems finding work.
Work is not that easy to find and there will be not help from the state should you run out of money before you do find work

I would suggest that you have enough funds to keep you going for at least six months and the price of you fares back home in reserve just in case it doesn’t work out

munze1
10-06-2012, 13:02
Hi, I have a friend who had all the necessary sailing licenses from the UK authorities. When he moved over here he expected to find a job either as a sailing trainer or just taking people out on pleasure trips.
However, in Tenerife they would not accept any of his qualification. He was told that he would have to start again and take all the exams and test in Spanish. The cost and time necessary to do this made it impossible for him.
He was unable to find any work in the boat / sailing industry and was forced to return to the UK where he was able to find work as a pleasure boat captain

So my advice is be very careful as Tenerife is full of people who can do building / maintenance work and a lot of them are having problems finding work.
Work is not that easy to find and there will be not help from the state should you run out of money before you do find work

I would suggest that you have enough funds to keep you going for at least six months and the price of you fares back home in reserve just in case it doesn’t work out

thanks
I know its be hard to find job especially now when Spain is in economic problems. do you can tell me how much money I need to live for a month in Santa Cruz. I mine pay flat and pay utility bills its my wife and me.

In The Sun
10-06-2012, 13:19
Sorry, I don't know the monthly cost of living in Santa Cruz. I am sure some one will be on soon to let you know

nigelmercier
10-06-2012, 16:27
In July 2013 Croatia become member of EU...

Three points of note:
Croatia has been about to join the EU for at least 5 years, so don't hold your breath.
The Canary Islands are part of Spain, but are not in the EU.
An RYA Yachtmaster, plus RYA Instructor are necessary to be able to teach in an RYA school, but the Yachtmaster is enough for skippering.

Good luck!