PDA

View Full Version : My Adobe Flash player plugin has crashed. How do I fix this?

Suej
11-06-2012, 13:58
Please help me if you can!:pray: This morning an update appeared for Adobe flash player! a little later on the plug in crashed! I have just tried to watch Filmon (Free) Nada! I also just checked vids on Youtube and they will not play either it just informs me that "An error has occurred" ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :mad:

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 14:06
Sorry can't help you hun but you shouldn't be watching Vids - get back to work !:D

Suej
11-06-2012, 14:15
Boo Hoo! I wasn't watching vids! when I turned my lappy on this morning there was an update for Adobe! did that and now nothing works! OH and Bro in law were going to watch the footy on here so me and Sis in law can watch Corrie later on the TV! Blady pain this is!!!???

grumps
11-06-2012, 14:17
Can you not do a system restore to a point before you did the update..?

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 14:18
Oh blimey Corrie ! this is an emergency pm everyone:D

AL JAY
11-06-2012, 15:05
Switch it off Sue,then restart it, it happens with my laptop now and again!

Suej
11-06-2012, 15:05
Can you not do a system restore to a point before you did the update..?

I'm a bit worried to try a system restore as I haven't done before! Completely ruined our plans for later!:crying2: I've uninstalled Adobe flash player and re installed it but it still won't let me stream anything!

Added after 2 minutes:

Switch it off Sue,then restart it, it happens with my laptop now and again!

Thanks Al! I did do that already but not since I uninstalled and reinstalled! I'll try again I wished I didn't install the update to the newer version now!

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 16:06
Best get this sorted Sue gonna be a full house in the dungeon and we'll need you PC in the dining room !

Mawkin
11-06-2012, 16:16
Best get this sorted Sue gonna be a full house in the dungeon and we'll need you PC in the dining room !

You said the football was on the tele and corrie was on the PC. You telling fibs again to attract the male side of the forum to bring the booze.

Suej
11-06-2012, 16:20
You lot as as much help to me as an ashtray on a motorbike!:fpull:

I fixed it by installing the older version! All systems go now!!!!! Enjoy your day!:hello:

BobMac
11-06-2012, 16:21
Hi Sue

Have a look a this (http://www.gavick.com/magazine/alternative-to-the-flash-player-lightspark-now-also-on-windows.html)

It's a free alternative for Adobe Flash Player

It can be downloaded here (https://launchpad.net/lightspark/trunk/lightspark-0.5.3/+download/Lightspark-0.5.3-win32.exe)

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 16:24
You said the football was on the tele and corrie was on the PC. You telling fibs again to attract the male side of the forum to bring the booze.

Yes and it will be providing there's enough interest, booze and snacks - oh and few donations - we need a new wine chiller !

Suej
11-06-2012, 16:25
Hi Sue

Have a look a this (http://www.gavick.com/magazine/alternative-to-the-flash-player-lightspark-now-also-on-windows.html)

It's a free alternative for Adobe Flash Player

It can be downloaded here (https://launchpad.net/lightspark/trunk/lightspark-0.5.3/+download/Lightspark-0.5.3-win32.exe)

Can I try that download on IE Bob? the previous version on Adobe player is working fine on Firefox now!:wink:

BobMac
11-06-2012, 16:53
Can I try that download on IE Bob? the previous version on Adobe player is working fine on Firefox now!:wink:

I would leave well alone if FF is working. Interestingly FF doesn't use Adobe Flashplayer as such, it uses an embedded version of it rather than the full version and it seems to be more resilient than the full version

Suej
11-06-2012, 16:55
I would leave well alone if FF is working. Interestingly FF doesn't use Adobe Flashplayer as such, it uses an embedded version of it rather than the full version and it seems to be more resilient than the full version

Thanks Bob! I have bookmarked the link for the download you recommended...just in case!

Medman
12-06-2012, 10:45
Thanks Bob! I have bookmarked the link for the download you recommended...just in case!

Go flash your adobe somewhere else ........... :wow: :D

Suej
12-06-2012, 10:59
Go flash your adobe somewhere else ........... :wow: :D

Here seems as good a place as any!!!:bootyshake::devil2:

Medman
12-06-2012, 11:38
Here seems as good a place as any!!!:bootyshake::devil2:

If you got it flaunt it Sue. I do ! :eyebrows:

BobMac
12-06-2012, 16:29

Would you like link to a replacement for Adobe Reader as well ??