PDA

View Full Version : Football England in Euro 2012 discussion thread

Ed3229
11-06-2012, 14:52
What will happen tonight ?????

AL JAY
11-06-2012, 15:00
They have failed to win their opening match in all seven previous European Championships (Drew 3, Lost 4). They have lost the last two - 3-2 v Portugal in 2000 and 2-1 v France in 2004.

Stunning stuff. But there doesn't seem as much pressure on us or expectation, im going for a 2-2 draw!

golf birdie
11-06-2012, 15:04
2 weeks back I gave them no chance, now I have a feeling it could be a good year. It reminds me a lot of 1990 when we had a lot of injuries but the players raised their game. Fingers crossed I'm going for a 2-1 win for Engaland.

Ed3229
11-06-2012, 15:08
2 weeks back I gave them no chance, now I have a feeling it could be a good year. It reminds me a lot of 1990 when we had a lot of injuries but the players raised their game. Fingers crossed I'm going for a 2-1 win for Engaland.

Love a bit of optimism..........:whistle:

CaribeCelt
11-06-2012, 15:22
I think England are lot better than people think.
Their goalkeeper and back four are the best in the tournament...and two of the best midfielders in the world in Gerrard and Lampard.
I think England 2 v 0.

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 15:26
I think England are lot better than people think.
Their goalkeeper and back four are the best in the tournament...and two of the best midfielders in the world in Gerrard and Lampard.
I think England 2 v 0.

Sticking my wotsit into summit I know nothing about but I'm sure I heard on the radio that Lampard isn't playing or did I misshear ?

Ed3229
11-06-2012, 15:54
Sticking my wotsit into summit I know nothing about but I'm sure I heard on the radio that Lampard isn't playing or did I misshear ?

England (probable) : Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Young.

France (probable) : Lloris, Debuchy, Mexes, Rami, Evra, Cabaye, Diarra, Malouda, Nasri, Ribery, Benzema.

Mawkin
11-06-2012, 15:58

As you say MM Lampard is not playing but its nice of you to be providing the refreshments for tonight for the lads while listen to the radio.

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2012, 16:04
As you say MM Lampard is not playing but its nice of you to be providing the refreshments for tonight for the lads while listen to the radio.

No problem ! we have a 50" plasma in the dungeon - please join us there where the regulars will be on hand to provide snacks and refreshments ! If you are planning on stopping you must bring you own duvets:D

Quick warbs get down to Mercadonna !

England (probable) : Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Young.

France (probable) : Lloris, Debuchy, Mexes, Rami, Evra, Cabaye, Diarra, Malouda, Nasri, Ribery, Benzema.

Where's Beckham:D

Ed3229
11-06-2012, 16:07
Where's Beckham:D[/QUOTE]

Sucking up to the Olympic football coach...:pray:

CaribeCelt
11-06-2012, 16:16

:doh::whistle:....Gerrard and Parker I meant:D

Suej
11-06-2012, 16:28
Without Rooney tonight I ain't too sure! No Lampard either! Hmmmm!

Davie Thistle
11-06-2012, 16:55
.....humped!! :D

YOUNG GOLFER
11-06-2012, 17:01
France to win 3 nil ........

cainaries
11-06-2012, 17:20
No problem ! we have a 50" plasma in the dungeon - please join us there where the regulars will be on hand to provide snacks and refreshments ! If you are planning on stopping you must bring you own duvets:D

You speak for yourself, Monkey! I found a newbie down there today who had confused the Dungeon with something more sinister but I hope he´s cleaning the kitchen now as requested. And I hope he´s still around tomorrow to sweep up the empties.

I suppose I should say I hope England wins, should I?

Suej
11-06-2012, 18:54
Could someone tell me the score? I seemed to have nodded off in the second half!:lol::zzz:

Ed3229
11-06-2012, 18:57
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:zzz:

Harmonicaman
11-06-2012, 19:12
Well, I see it was 1:1, so I'm voting for a draw...

Simon-M
11-06-2012, 20:45

Never mind Beckham, wheres the milk?

Malteser Monkey
12-06-2012, 09:10
Never mind Beckham, wheres the milk?

................:lol:

Ed3229
12-06-2012, 14:50
Sweden v England........England to win ?? I feel they need to improve.......I'm not convinced they are good enough...:football:

Poll will close soon forgot to put for one day...

Shugstar63
15-06-2012, 16:07
1-0 England......Gerrard 1st half goal is my prediction

slodgedad
15-06-2012, 16:13
Provided Roy doesn't employ the same tactics as he did against France I agree. 1 or 2 nil.

If he does then it's Sweden all the way

tonypub
15-06-2012, 16:29
2 nil to england,carroll and welbeck to score

Pooh
15-06-2012, 16:30
England has never won against Sweden in a Championship match. Ever.
Frendlies, yes, but never in a championship... :D

AL JAY
15-06-2012, 16:36
Im going for 3-1 England Wellbeck Lescott Carroll!

Suej
15-06-2012, 16:49
Im going for 3-1 England Wellbeck Lescott Carroll!

You woke up now Al? :zzz: 1-1 draw I'll go for! better than England losing!:)

AL JAY
15-06-2012, 17:18
You woke up now Al? :zzz: 1-1 draw I'll go for! better than England losing!:)

Hahaha how did you know i was having a mini siesta Sue?

slodgedad
15-06-2012, 18:41
England 2 Sweden 1.....(Welbeck and Carol)

Ring your bookie now!!!

Ed3229
15-06-2012, 18:46
Not going to predict as I have Sweden in the sweep at work........:devil2:

Harmonicaman
15-06-2012, 19:07
3:0 to Sweden....Ibrahimovic a hat-trick! (I'm just jealous 'cos we're not there...ever.):raspberry2:

marbro8
15-06-2012, 19:29
2 nil to england,carroll and welbeck to score

hope welbeck does score he is in my dream team:pray:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hodgson's on a winner, there is less expectation at these finals than ever before, the retailers have never sold so few flags and buntings because we are not expecting to get anywhere, so for the first time in a competition the pressure is off:)

LexLew
15-06-2012, 20:35
Andy Carroll has just had his John Barnes moment

Davie Thistle
15-06-2012, 21:31
......C'mon the Svvveeeeeeden!!!!!

:jumping:

LeFrunk
15-06-2012, 21:53
Good win , deserved .

Harmonicaman
15-06-2012, 21:54
That was a great game!

marbro8
15-06-2012, 22:03
......C'mon the Svvveeeeeeden!!!!!

:jumping:i would shout for who ever played you but unfortunately you are not there:eyebrows:

Tom & Sharon
15-06-2012, 22:10
Bye bye Ibrahimovic!!! :censored:

Tom

marbro8
15-06-2012, 23:02
Bye bye Ibrahimovic!!! :censored:

Tomwhat a fantastic player though, he was a thorn in our side all night

Davie Thistle
15-06-2012, 23:51
Am gony be sick scuzemeaminute!!
:sorry:

golf birdie
16-06-2012, 09:46

as I said last week there is something here:) The whole squad look happy and together, the best player coming back in fresh, players like Walcott and Chamberlain ready to take on players and Carrol could be unplayable for some teams. Not saying we will win the thing but we are a lot better than I thought. Nice to see RH jumping about when we scored, We've missed that passion for years now. So far 7/10 with hopefully more to come.

Shugstar63
16-06-2012, 10:44
Exciting stuff at last from Engurland !!!! Really enjoyed the match....and a well deserved win.
One point required, before a possible quarter final v Spain? (ouch)
Nice to see my fellow countrymen (The Parochial Jocks) flying the flag for Roy's men.....oops sorry they're not....as a lot of them think they are Oirish!!!??
On the question of Ireland.....can't wait to see their last match....they're terrific.:)

golf birdie
16-06-2012, 10:54
Exciting stuff at last from Engurland !!!! Really enjoyed the match....and a well deserved win.
One point required, before a possible quarter final v Spain? (ouch)
Nice to see my fellow countrymen (The Parochial Jocks) flying the flag for Roy's men.....oops sorry they're not....as a lot of them think they are Oirish!!!??
On the question of Ireland.....can't wait to see their last match....they're terrific.:)

funny how when England were 2-1 down so many Jocks and Welsh in the bar seemed to turn into Swedes:)

tonypub
16-06-2012, 10:58
funny how when England were 2-1 down so many Jocks and Welsh in the bar seemed to turn into Swedes:)quite sad really isnt it,toss pots

Shugstar63
16-06-2012, 11:00
funny how when England were 2-1 down so many Jocks and Welsh in the bar seemed to turn into Swedes:)

golf birdie

Nothing new there.....drove to my local supermarket with The St George's Cross flying....two w*nker signs n to v signs.....oh the friendly jocks...

Mawkin
16-06-2012, 11:11
golf birdie

Nothing new there.....drove to my local supermarket with The St George's Cross flying....two w*nker signs n to v signs.....oh the friendly jocks...

Sad really but I suppose its the only highlight in their life they have to look forward to.

golf birdie
16-06-2012, 11:15
well for the next game me and 7 other English fans will be visiting a jock bar for the craic :raspberry2:

Shugstar63
16-06-2012, 14:15
Sad really but I suppose its the only highlight in their life they have to look forward to.

Mawkin....only some of them.
I am Scottish,live in Scotland,proud to call myself British, married to an English girl & always support England when they are playing (unless they are playing Scotland)
That's not that often as there has been no tournament for Scotland since 1998!

timmylish
16-06-2012, 14:15
Quite sad really. A publican seeing the need to end up name calling. Just shows how often people stoop to the level of those they are so quick to criticise.
As for England,s performance well you had beeter get the maximum enjoyment out of the results to date 'cause I really, honestly cannot see this team progressing any further. The were unable to keep any shape when under pressure, 4 & 5 players all trying to tackle the same opposition player, for example. I was led to understand that under this manager they would be difficult to beat well I don,t think performances to date support that view. What is wrong with Joe Hart? He seems indecisive and I rate him the best in the world (Buffon still no.1?). In the first game he was all over the place in the first quarter, not commanding his area at all. He will have to get better if you are to proceed. Gerrard and Parker have not yet got into a routine of coming and going, back to front. Both seem to be opting for the same movement. Cole has been disappointing as one of the best in the world (that,s 2 now) but is it because he is covering up elsewhere and not being allowed to take responsibility? Young should just be given a ticket home. That,s how much use he,s been. I,ll be disappointed if big Carroll don,t start next game (he,ll be even more so). He,s done more than enough to keep his place.
Someone on here made reference to the team "being to-gether" at this stage. Sorry but I have to disagree. Seems to me that there are cliques (?) (in football?) developing with some of the young, black players and their older pals. Hope I am wrong but I certainly saw signs last night. On the up side. They have got 2 results, which, in other circumstances, might have been different. Bit of spirit and I,m really pleased for Walcott. Great player when up for it but drifts out of games in the past. Well, now is the hour, young man. Step up as I think you,ll start next game up. Not a great fan of John Terry (the person) but cannot deny his attitude and ability in any strip. I was therefor surprised at how easily England got punished down the middle. He will have to take on more responsibility as Gerrard is not dominant enough to be captain now. Terry is and should be.
So, who,s next, presuming qualification? Spain is it (I,ve not looked to see future fixtures). Now that is gonna need real improvement in a lot of areas. I shall address that nearer to the time (if I have time).
Now guys, go about your normal business, and stop making it so obvious how petty you can be!

golf birdie
16-06-2012, 15:05
the big difference is when Scots and Welsh sit in their little corners praying for whoever happens to be playing England to win. I find it very sad. Maybe we are miles from being contenders but where does that leave Wales and Scotland:) I will enjoy the games as they come as before the contest started I would of been over the moon with these two results.

YOUNG GOLFER
16-06-2012, 15:19
Well i have to say England played very well last night no team is going to be easy to beat in this comp.
We have played France and did enough to get a point.
Last night we showed that even being behind we had enough to go and win and get the 3 points.
You can only take one game at a time and see where we go from that but so far so good.
As for Scots and others taking the p.... because they never got into this competition who cares just shows what a bunch of plebs they are.

Simon-M
16-06-2012, 15:43
Quite sad really. A publican seeing the need to end up name calling. Just shows how often people stoop to the level of those they are so quick to criticise.

Tony loves his Scotch. Everyone knows that ;)

Ed3229
16-06-2012, 17:21
Spain made 800 passes in their last game, the only way England will do that, is if Rooney goes on mastermind.

Davie Thistle
16-06-2012, 17:51
As for Scots and others taking the p.... because they never got into this competition who cares just shows what a bunch of plebs they are

Cheers YG! A luv u tooo!!!
:raspberry:

marbro8
16-06-2012, 17:59
Im going for 3-1 England Wellbeck Lescott Carroll!you got 2 right al jay:)

LeFrunk
16-06-2012, 18:47
And on a lighter note , Ireland to beat Italy 6 - 0 next game .

YOUNG GOLFER
16-06-2012, 18:56
Maybe in Rugby mate lol

AL JAY
16-06-2012, 20:05
you got 2 right al jay:)

And half of Walcott :D putting Lescott :crazy:

smigster
16-06-2012, 22:39
r u ajock or a taff sounds like sour grapes

Ecky Thump
16-06-2012, 23:22
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;188518]Well i have to say England played very well last night no team is going to be easy to beat in this comp.
Last night we showed that even being behind we had enough to go and win and get the 3 points.
You can only take one game at a time and see where we go from that but so far so good.
As for Scots and others taking the p.... because they never got into this competition who cares just shows what a bunch of plebs they are./QUOTE]

YG for all the many posts that you have made, this is the only one that I take issue with.

Yes England won and the result was a fair one, but nearly every written word in today's papers point to the fact that England played poorly and unless they can raise their skill levels in playing as a team, unfortunately I don't think they deserve to go further in this competition.

Shugstar63
17-06-2012, 01:27
Goodness me...........as they say in Scotland..............some of my countrymen? are a bunch of b@wbags.....................I am praying that England lift the trophy............and a day of mourning will be declared from A SECTION of Scottish society...............Archie Salmon included.
Looking forward to getting out of here..

Come on England !

golf birdie
17-06-2012, 11:15
Yes England won and the result was a fair one, but nearly every written word in today's papers point to the fact that England played poorly and unless they can raise their skill levels in playing as a team, unfortunately I don't think they deserve to go further in this competition.

I gave up reading the rags years ago, they will forever slag England off. It will be worse now that their man never got the job. What makes them experts:confused:

As for deserve:confused: You get what you deserve by where you finish. Russia started this championship with a 4 - 1 win, some were saying they were dark horses to win it, went out last night, the team they beat won the group. Some teams start slow and get better with every game like Italy 82, England 90. Spain made 800 passes the other night against the worst side by far, so what:confused: Italy showed they are playable if you have the game plan plus remember they passed England off the park a year back and we still beat them.

England have their best player back this week so lets see how this will change the way we play, I think it will make a huge difference as IMO he is the best player in Europe in his position.

YOUNG GOLFER
17-06-2012, 11:23
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;188518]Well i have to say England played very well last night no team is going to be easy to beat in this comp.
As for Scots and others taking the p.... because they never got into this competition who cares just shows what a bunch of plebs they are./QUOTE]

YG for all the many posts that you have made, this is the only one that I take issue with.

Well not one for newspapers Ecky never read them.......but for me a lot of new players playing with each other for the first time and i think it was a very good show showed lots of spirit.
Sorry you dont like my post that much not bad if this was my only one out of 1000s lol

Simon-M
17-06-2012, 11:47
Ecky... are you looking forward to being Ukrainian on Tuesday :)

imablue
17-06-2012, 11:48
As previously noted ...some teams start slowly ..building confidence as they progress...England put in a good shift to drag themselves back in the game the other night ...suppose most of us thought..
"here we go again"at 2-1 down ...
give them their due and lets see what happens next game ...

marbro8
17-06-2012, 11:53
And on a lighter note , Ireland to beat Italy 6 - 0 next game .i hope so because i picked shay given in my sun dream team:pray:

Ecky Thump
17-06-2012, 13:26
Ecky... are you looking forward to being Ukrainian on Tuesday :)

Your scintillating sarcasm and wit is only exceeded by your total lack of knowledge about me!!:wink:

garlicbread
17-06-2012, 14:12
With the defeat of Poland last night ending their interest in the tournament this must mean that the British economy should be back to normal come Monday morning.

marbro8
17-06-2012, 15:42
Ecky... are you looking forward to being Ukrainian on Tuesday :)ecky isn't Scottish Simon he is just fortunate enough to live there:wink2:

Shugstar63
18-06-2012, 14:13
ecky isn't Scottish Simon he is just fortunate enough to live there:wink2:

Yes Scotland's really lovely....I particularly like the friendliness towards our English pals !
Sour grapes and bit of chip on shoulder syndrome is quite common here:crylaughing:

Simon-M
18-06-2012, 14:32
Let's hope they are "greeting" all over their deep fried pizzas by close of play tomorrow :)

Shugstar63
18-06-2012, 14:45
Let's hope they are "greeting" all over their deep fried pizzas by close of play tomorrow :)

Simon you slagging off the famous "Pizza Crunch?"....mmmmmmmmmm:nono:

Davie Thistle
18-06-2012, 16:46
Yes Scotland's really lovely....I particularly like the friendliness towards our English pals !
Sour grapes and bit of chip on shoulder syndrome is quite common here:crylaughing:

.........it's about the only thing that keeps me sane!!!
or is it insane?:crazy: I can never remember!!!

Ed3229
19-06-2012, 16:10
Lets see if we can win tonight.....I say 2-1 England....3244

Suej
19-06-2012, 16:14
I'll say 1-0 to England!:football:

Angusjim
19-06-2012, 16:17
Come on England you can do it tonight, best of luck from everyone in Scotland :wave::pray:

Suej
19-06-2012, 16:19

Where did ya get that smilie Ed...I want one!:cry:

I just nicked yours! 1-0 to England 3245

Malteser Monkey
19-06-2012, 16:24
Come on England you can do it tonight, best of luck from everyone in Scotland :wave::pray:

Are you sure about that:whistle::D:D

golf birdie
19-06-2012, 16:25
EURO 2012
Castrol Edge football on Twitter: "Since 1980, England have won 52% of major tournament games shown exclusively live on BBC, compared to just 30% on ITV." Not a good omen for tonight, then.

so If we do lose you know who's to blame.......

Suej
19-06-2012, 16:38

:drunk2: :wink2:

EURO 2012
Castrol Edge football on Twitter: "Since 1980, England have won 52% of major tournament games shown exclusively live on BBC, compared to just 30% on ITV." Not a good omen for tonight, then.

so If we do lose you know who's to blame.......

Yeah You! for telling us!!!:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
19-06-2012, 16:40
:drunk2: :wink2:

Yeah You! for telling us!!!:cheeky:

:scotland:

golf birdie
19-06-2012, 16:41
I think we will win but I'd be happy with a draw. If we get to the last 8 I don't really care if its Spain or Italy as I think both are beatable from what I have seen of them.

Harmonicaman
19-06-2012, 16:45
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-19.png

Angusjim
19-06-2012, 16:47

Yes we are all part of the UK so should support each other :tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
19-06-2012, 16:52
Yes we are all part of the UK so should support each other :tiphat:

Thank you Angus !

Wish the Welsh felt the same !:D

Simon-M
19-06-2012, 17:08
Not a good omen for tonight, then.

This is the championship where we smash all these bad omens to bits :). We had never beaten Sweden in a competitive game before last Friday.

YOUNG GOLFER
19-06-2012, 17:28
Should be a good game tonight all we need is a point so fingers crossed......i will be drinking in a bar where there is NO 1€ a pint so that should mean no Scottish will be in there:fpull:

Angusjim
19-06-2012, 17:33
Should be a good game tonight all we need is a point so fingers crossed......i will be drinking in a bar where there is NO 1€ a pint so that should mean no Scottish will be in there:fpull:

You come across as avery bigoted person with a large chip on your shoulder regarding Scottish people but I am big enough to put all that aside and wish you and your team all the best for tonight :goodluck:

YOUNG GOLFER
19-06-2012, 17:46
You come across as avery bigoted person with a large chip on your shoulder regarding Scottish people but I am big enough to put all that aside and wish you and your team all the best for tonight :goodluck:

Thanks mate i am sure we will be fine.....as for Scottish people i like them just wish they were in Euro 2012 like England.....but you never know maybe next time:wink2:

golf birdie
19-06-2012, 18:10
off to watch the game, can't wait.

COME ON ENGLAND

Make us proud.

marbro8
19-06-2012, 19:37
Yes we are all part of the UK so should support each other :tiphat:you are right angusjim, i have always supported scotland wales northern Ireland and republic of Ireland whoever they are playing, at the end of the day when our brave boys and girls are fighting in afganistan and the like, we don't question where they come from when one of them has has been killed, at the end of the day they are british and so are we:wink2:

Davie Thistle
19-06-2012, 21:36
...as for Scottish people i like them

A bludy hope so you!!!

or it's your round next meet!!!
:raspberry2:

YOUNG GOLFER
19-06-2012, 23:39
Well done England did what we had to do and top the group what more could you wish for.

timmylish
19-06-2012, 23:44
you are right angusjim, i have always supported scotland wales northern Ireland and republic of Ireland whoever they are playing, at the end of the day when our brave boys and girls are fighting in afganistan and the like, we don't question where they come from when one of them has has been killed, at the end of the day they are british and so are we:wink2:

Marbro8. I,m not too sure that the guys from the ROI would take kindly to the above, tbh.

marbro8
19-06-2012, 23:49
yea i know what you mean m8 because they are not part of the uk but i meant well, i still see them as good people and want them to do well:ashamed:

Malteser Monkey
20-06-2012, 13:29
Yesss Well done England - must have been all that Scottish support:D:thanx:

golf birdie
20-06-2012, 13:38
Well, hard work at times but we won the group and we could not of done better than that.

Gerrard has really stepped up for this, he looks like the player he was 7 years back. Maybe its the armband or having most of the season off. Terry was immense, solid as rock. If a few others start playing better who knows what could happen Need to hold the ball more and sort out the short range passing.

Also noticed Rooney mouthing the National Anthem, never seen this before, Maybe RH has made it a condition of playing, Should of happened years ago IMO.

Seems like Blatter thinks now it has to happen

FIFA president Sepp Blatter on Twitter, regarding goal-line technology (GLT): "After last night's match ‪GLT‬ is no longer an alternative but a necessity."

Funny how for once its gone Englands way and now it has to happen

AJ McGillivary on Twitter: "After the Ghost Goal, apparently Sepp Blatter has offered to stand behind England's goal with his iphone against Italy."

It would not surprise me if he did.

Angusjim
20-06-2012, 14:49
Congratulations to England on making the next round fae us ah in bonnie Scotland :drunk:

AL JAY
20-06-2012, 17:09
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Englands Wayne Rooney has tested positive for using a performance enhancing RUG. :whistle: :D

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 06:17
Anyone else confident that England will win tonight ?
A sneaky 1-0 will do me !
Come on England !!!

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 09:23
Yes I think they'll win.
I think Walcott should play...could cause them problems with his pace.

imablue
24-06-2012, 10:47
Best thing for England would be Balotelli getting sent off....!

marbro8
24-06-2012, 10:56
Best thing for England would be Balotelli getting sent off....!best thing for england would be a 2 goal start:eyebrows:

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 11:33
Haha! Got my Tally top on today!
I,m slowly running outa football tops to wear!
Engerlund just seem to keep on keeping on!!
Only two tops left!
Espania & Germany!
After that it will need to be an engurland top!!
Aw naw!!!!:crylaughing:

smigster
24-06-2012, 11:44
yet again its england flying the flag in a football game, i will bet a lot of the taff & jock bars will be flying the st george hopingto make a few euro

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 11:51
yet again its england flying the flag in a football game, i will bet a lot of the taff & jock bars will be flying the st george hopingto make a few euro

Yeah I would hope so!
Along with Italian, German, Spanish, & Portugese flags!
If it was my pub I,d want ALL their euros!!!!

Harmonicaman
24-06-2012, 12:20
It really *****s me off the way you brag about beating the Scots, Welsh and Irish! Your population is at least 10 (TEN) times bigger than any of them, you SHOULD beat us every time. What's amazing is the odd occasion when one of the wee nations beat you. It's like boasting that you're 15 stones and managed to beat seven colours of s**t out of a 8 stone boxer! Then you wonder why some supporters of the other nations don't support you. :nono:

Cue Tonypub and YG.:)

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 12:31
It really *****s me off the way you brag about beating the Scots, Welsh and Irish! Your population is at least 10 (TEN) times bigger than any of them, you SHOULD beat us every time. What's amazing is the odd occasion when one of the wee nations beat you. It's like boasting that you're 15 stones and managed to beat seven colours of s**t out of a 8 stone boxer! Then you wonder why some supporters of the other nations don't support you. :nono:

Cue Tonypub and YG.:)

Nail whacked straight on the head there,mate.
It's that type of attitude from people like smigster,that put 90% of other countries supporters wanting England beat.

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 12:47
Is this Davie Thistle & Harmonicaman ready for a night out on the pull ?:devil:

Harmonicaman
24-06-2012, 12:52
Is this Davie Thistle & Harmonicaman ready for a night out on the pull ?:devil:

Ah! Rangers supporters are always supporting England Shug...nothing new there eh?:)

smigster
24-06-2012, 13:02
i cant remember mentioning beating jocks or taffs ,we tend not to talk about the minows in football,if you manage to get a side up in aug i think we play you,try to make sureyou leave our turf and post in london

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 13:04
Ah! Rangers supporters are always supporting England Shug...nothing new there eh?:)

Hm....I have liked England since Kevin Keegan days.
I always support England, Wales & Northern Ireland in competitions unless they are playing Scotland.
I am a lapsed Scotland Travel Club member.
I have been to 9 Scotland v England games and always supported Scotland.
I was at France 1998 World Cup following Scotland.......
I support Liverpool & CDT. But not New Rangers.
Can you explain why there were around 5000 Scottish Fans supporting Ireland at the Group stages in Poland ?
Please remove the Jersey Royal from your shoulder !!!!!:raspberry2:

I am hoping for England 1 Italy 0 (Gerrard to score)

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 13:27
..foreva the dreamer eh shug!?!?
hehe!

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 13:32
..foreva the dreamer eh shug!?!?
hehe!

DavieT.........which one are you in the photograph ?
Alright England 2 Italy 1 will do

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 13:35
..........the large one in the middle!!

ok Shug,
if engurland win tonite I'll be the first to - coff! - congratulate you!!
:pray:

:eyebrows:

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 13:40
..........the large one in the middle!!

ok Shug,
if engurland win tonite I'll be the first to - coff! - congratulate you!!
:pray:

:eyebrows:

DavieT....you sure you're a luvvy Partick Thistle supporter ?
One of my pals from school claimed to be a Jag when he stayed off the Byres Rd......haven't seen him for a while......I heard last week he's got a season book for the Doom Dome !!
Reckon Walcott should start tonight with Carroll !

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 13:52
............ayp Shug,
supported the harry rags for forty years nearly M8!
don't see emdy else!

Carroll & walcott? - sound like a comedy duo!!
morcombe & wise inc!!!!

Bobby Charlton just said
that if England beat Italy tonight they will win the Euro championship!
:crazy:
Charlton should run his comments past his carer before unleashing them onto the meeja.
:crylaughing:

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 14:49
Hm....I have liked England since Kevin Keegan days.
I always support England, Wales & Northern Ireland in competitions unless they are playing Scotland.
I am a lapsed Scotland Travel Club member.
I have been to 9 Scotland v England games and always supported Scotland.
I was at France 1998 World Cup following Scotland.......
I support Liverpool & CDT. But not New Rangers.
Can you explain why there were around 5000 Scottish Fans supporting Ireland at the Group stages in Poland ?
Please remove the Jersey Royal from your shoulder !!!!!:raspberry2:

I am hoping for England 1 Italy 0 (Gerrard to score)

Maybe the "Scottish"fans you talk off actually see themselves as Irish.
There are actually Irish-Scots in Scotland,if you could get past your disingenuous nonsense....here have a read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Scots

Why is it shug you don't cheer for the Republic of Ireland when they play?

i cant remember mentioning beating jocks or taffs ,we tend not to talk about the minows in football,if you manage to get a side up in aug i think we play you,try to make sureyou leave our turf and post in london

It must be brilliant to be a supporter of a International team who can pick and choose from a pool of millions and millions...yet utterly fluff your lines every time you come up against a half decent side:)...England's record in tournaments aint nothing to be proud off,is it?
I would get off your high horse smigster because,knowing Ingerland,you could be crying into your St.Georges cross at 10 o'clock tonight.

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 15:36
"Why is it shug you don't cheer for the Republic of Ireland when they play?"

Caribe .....Certainly not for the reasons you are thinking of.
This question you can ask personally next time in Tenerife.

Still think England can beat Italy....The Italians are a very good side, but they have weaknesses !

Caribe.....which part of my post was insincere by the way?

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 15:50
"Why is it shug you don't cheer for the Republic of Ireland when they play?"

Caribe .....Certainly not for the reasons you are thinking of.
This question you can ask personally next time in Tenerife.

Still think England can beat Italy....The Italians are a very good side, but they have weaknesses !

:DYour good shug... do you really know what I'm thinking:D

In Tenerife in October...but you probably knew that mate with your pyschic capabilities...talk then:devil:

I still think they'll win,but to listen to smigster you think they were Brazil 1970.

Caribe.....which part of my post was insincere by the way?

The question about the Scottish people supporting Ireland.
Its insincere to fake bemusement why they would support Ireland,being from Scotland and being a Bear,you would know the history of Celtic F.C. and that there is a large proportion of Celtic fans who would see themselves as Irish.

Loving the avatar shug.
The lads auctioned it for £20,000 for the little chap in the pic who is from Belfast and has cancer.
The people who bought it are getting it signed by the Spanish team and re-auctioning it again and the proceeds will go to the wee lad too....seen him on the news the other day with the lads who made the flag and it brought a tear to the eye.

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 16:06
:DYour good shug... do you really know what I'm thinking:D

In Tenerife in October...but you probably knew that mate with your pyschic capabilities...talk then:devil:

Yes....I'll be there in October too hopefully :)

I still think they'll win,but to listen to smigster you think they were Brazil 1970.

Yes....I'll be there in October too hopefully :)

That's my nickname psychic Shugstar

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 16:10
Here is the story about wee oscar here.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/06/18/irish-flag-to-be-auctioned-for-little-oscar/

Hard luck England,but the better team stuffed you.
Mr Pirlo had you running around like headless chickens.

imablue
24-06-2012, 22:55
Check....
Blind Faith ...
Expectancy...
Reality....
they just don,t cut it do they......
Ah Well Eh ..!!

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 22:59
Also,that Guy Mowbray really puts his foot in it.....he called Diamanti a West Ham reject:D:crylaughing:
He should be a script writer...absolute balloon.

telgolf
24-06-2012, 23:00
we were an absolute disgrace from a football perspective - defence tried hard and deserve appreciation - but some of our so called creative world class players need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror (mr rooney top of the list) - it was an embarrassment and a relief that we do not need to watch them anymore - heaven knows what germany would have done..

imablue
24-06-2012, 23:01
can anyone say who played ..as in performed.. tonight and i mean those of the England team...sad but expected ....
is this tarra to Whoy ...

AL JAY
24-06-2012, 23:09
It just goes to show that negativity gets you nowhere! and if im being harsh i thought a few bottled it,Rooney Young Milner and Gerrard had stinkers,Walcott might as well have stayed on the bench! Wellbeck never got a touch! Also thought that the planning for the pens was poor,Hart's homework never worked! Baines and Defoe should have come on,couldn't have done any worse than Henderson! the best team on the night deserved to go through!

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 23:09
can anyone say who played ..as in performed.. tonight and i mean those of the England team...sad but expected ....
is this tarra to Whoy ...

Lescott done a good job on Ballotelli...Terry was solid enough too,but as Telgolf said their creative players were awol.

marbro8
24-06-2012, 23:15
is this tarra to Whoy ...i thought the defence where the only players that can really say they played well johnson and terry in particular, i thought rooney and young were the worst and Gerard went missing for large parts of the game, it was the most one sided game i have ever seen and just wanted to be put out of my misery long before the penalties:ashamed:

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2012, 23:22
Wow what a day lol 1st Tenerife then England but can't moan in both games the better team one and i just think you have to accept it.
But what i will say about the England team did they get any better with ROONEY playing in this comp.....because i feel he was way off the pace of the games.

Oberon
24-06-2012, 23:52
Didn't Andrea Pirlo play well :jump2:

Shugstar63
25-06-2012, 06:37
Here is the story about wee oscar here.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/06/18/irish-flag-to-be-auctioned-for-little-oscar/

Hard luck England,but the better team stuffed you.
Mr Pirlo had you running around like headless chickens.

Have been following the story too.
You may have noticed that due to my psychic awareness, I changed my avatar from an England Flag before the team's expected defeat on penalties.
I also placed 6 bets on Paddy Power and won £20! Having 5 bet stakes returned
Shortly after that I went to Sports Division to buy a new Spain Flag....as the garage mice scoffed my old one........
Thought England were really poor and agree with some that Rooney should not have played in any of the matches.....Woy woy woy. Goodbye.
Shall we try and just have a penalty shoot out in next year's England V Scotland clash.....I hear the Scot's boss already has the lads practicing.....I expect Levein to play a 1-10 formation.

Come on Spain !!!!

Oberon
25-06-2012, 11:39
is this tarra to Whoy? ...

.....Woy woy woy. Goodbye.
Why?
Why would Roy have to go? I thought he did really well.
He got a mediocre, second tier team of technically proficient but completely talentless and unimaginative over-paid pompous goons into the quarter finals. He did brilliantly.

England are not in the same league as the four semi-finalists and shouldn't be there .... they did well to get out of the group.

Greece and Denmark have won the European cup more often than England ..... we've never even made the final.
I blame the television.

Suej
25-06-2012, 11:57
My opinion for what it's worth is England played to their capabilities! they looked poor and slow against the Italians and Rooney did not look match fit! Still unsure why Cole took one of the penalties when he has never scored for England! It amazes me that these players play so well for their individual clubs but put them all together in an England squad?.....:dontknow:

Tom & Sharon
25-06-2012, 12:03
Why Roy ever played Mr Potato Head i'll never know,slightly better when Walcott and Carroll came on.

John Terry for 'man of the match' tells us everything we need to know about England,Jeez I never thought i'd be typing that!!

Pirlo was absolutely brilliant,and what about that penalty for confidence,Italy could go all the way!

Tom

CaribeCelt
25-06-2012, 12:46
My opinion for what it's worth is England played to their capabilities! they looked poor and slow against the Italians and Rooney did not look match fit! Still unsure why Cole took one of the penalties when he has never scored for England! It amazes me that these players play so well for their individual clubs but put them all together in an England squad?.....:dontknow:

From what I was reading Cole is one of their best penalty takers....he hit it very poorly to be fair.

slodgedad
26-06-2012, 16:27
John Terry is reported to be the first person to console Ashley Cole and Ashley Young after the penalty shoot out, apparently he's good at dealing with his team mates misses

marbro8
26-06-2012, 20:28
My opinion for what it's worth is England played to their capabilities! they looked poor and slow against the Italians and Rooney did not look match fit! Still unsure why Cole took one of the penalties when he has never scored for England! It amazes me that these players play so well for their individual clubs but put them all together in an England squad?.....:dontknow:because when they play for their club side they are surrounded by better foreign players:(

Jackie
26-06-2012, 21:20
England were s**t, lost it in the 90 mins not on penalties

imablue
26-06-2012, 21:38
Lets just face it.. England were never going to be good enough.. and the last four teams still in the Euro Finals proves it ....The Bookies seldom get it wrong ..
maybe.. if the powers that be within the FA?? .. (sad as they are).. leave a competent manager in charge ..who knows we may have something to ..believe in ...personally i have no belief whatsoever in England doing anything like winning a major competetion for a very, very long time ..

marbro8
26-06-2012, 22:11
Lets just face it.. England were never going to be good enough.. and the last four teams still in the Euro Finals proves it ....The Bookies seldom get it wrong ..
maybe.. if the powers that be within the FA?? .. (sad as they are).. leave a competent manager in charge ..who knows we may have something to ..believe in ...personally i have no belief whatsoever in England doing anything like winning a major competetion for a very, very long time ..well at least i can say i have seen us win one in my lifetime:wink2:

tonypub
26-06-2012, 22:32
time we stopped calling rooney world class.hes never done owt for england

YOUNG GOLFER
26-06-2012, 22:45
Very true......i think we might of gone through without him.......lets be honest i think Caroll was far better he looked ready and fit for this comp...were as Rooney looked sluggish.

imablue
26-06-2012, 23:01

With respect Tony..its time we stopped expecting one man to be the ultimate hero (if one likes).its a squad now that is supposed to do the job ... and until our powers that be give a decent amount of time for a manager to instill into a team of younger players to play the game to a way that may take us to a step higher..i don,t see England doing anything than being 5th.. ?.. best in europe..? where in the world our position in the world rankings is i wouldn,t like to guess at ...
sorry but i,m still watching the paint dry on our front railings ....

marbro8
26-06-2012, 23:02
Very true......i think we might of gone through without him.......lets be honest i think Caroll was far better he looked ready and fit for this comp...were as Rooney looked sluggish.yes but to coin a quote from one of the commentators "he has done the hard bit now why not play the easy ball"?:dontknow: talking about caroll

Shugstar63
26-06-2012, 23:58
Can't wait for next August...........I've been promised 10 tickets for it..........in the wrong end.................................. :)

Oberon
29-06-2012, 08:52
Now that was a good match.
Italy 2 - Germany with a lucky consolation penalty - Germany played well but they were out played. Zis is not ze vay ... ve wil get them with ze banks Ha.
Rooney wouldn't even have played if he were Italian.
Italy will probably beat Spain too, because Del Bosque seems intent on playing without forwards ..... lots of tick tack passes and no goals ..... (except of course, against Ireland)
Llorente sitting on the bench!!! .... what is he playing at?

Why do Italy always end up pulling it out of the bag?
Because they're one of those teams that get more and more passionate as the tournament proceeds.
But so do England ..... so what's the difference?

The difference - The England team are totally devoid of talent and creativity, the last player we had with even a spark of talent was Paul Gascoyne.
Rooney and Gerard !!! They just looked embarrassed to be there - "Oh dear ... we've got to do this by ourselves .... oh the pressure!". The only thing they are good at is taking the celebrity limelight for the exploits of their more talented imported players. The English players are the ones playing in the championship league.
The England national team play like Greece ..... they are not at all in the same league as Spain, Germany or France. Why?

What is the difference?
The difference is that Italy is a healthy society - they eat well - they love their mothers - and their children play football in the streets.

..i don,t see England doing anything than being 5th.. ?.. best in europe..? where in the world our position in the world rankings is I wouldn,t like to guess at ...
and the future is no better.

AL JAY
29-06-2012, 10:59
Spot on Oberon, Over the year's the English game has been stifled by coaches and manager's intent on negativity! Safety first tactic's of "Lets not get beat" instead of "Lets go and win" I also agree about the Italian way of life etc! Also education,some England player's struggle to put a sentence together and are embarrassing in interviews!Player's like Milner,Henderson Parker etc should be nowhere near the International scene! I also don't like the tactic of protecting the back 4! If they need protecting they shouldn't be there in the first place!

garlicbread
29-06-2012, 11:30
and by adding chicken in front of any Italian players surname, doesn't it sound like a great dish

Chicken Balotelli, Chicken Nocerino, Chicken Pirlo, Chicken Montelivo..................:tiphat:

golf birdie
29-06-2012, 12:33
Spot on Oberon, Over the year's the English game has been stifled by coaches and manager's intent on negativity! Safety first tactic's of "Lets not get beat" instead of "Lets go and win" I also agree about the Italian way of life etc! Also education,some England player's struggle to put a sentence together and are embarrassing in interviews!Player's like Milner,Henderson Parker etc should be nowhere near the International scene! I also don't like the tactic of protecting the back 4! If they need protecting they shouldn't be there in the first place!

to be honest I don't care if they are deaf and dumb as long as they can play. Heard that Germany has 30,000 coaches teaching youngsters to play, England has 3,000:laugh: Wonder why they do better:confused:

Oberon
02-07-2012, 21:14
and by adding chicken in front of any Italian players surname, doesn't it sound like a great dish

Chicken Balotelli, Chicken Nocerino, Chicken Pirlo, Chicken Montelivo..................:tiphat:Rather typical of what we have come to expect from garlicbread.

So .......... Man of the Tournament -- I say Jordi Alba

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 21:43
Rather typical of what we have come to expect from garlicbread.

So .......... Man of the Tournament -- I say Jordi Alba

I would tend to agree.

None of the England players can expect much interest from the club managers watching, which is how most players promote themselves.

All these major competitions tend to be showcases, but this time the case was never really opened.

The Premier league is regarded by most as the best league in the world but all it has proved to be, apart from making a lot of young men rich, is a training ground for foreign players.

Does nothing for the England national game.