PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 17th June : Play-off final - Ponferradina vs CD Tenerife

Fred Perry
11-06-2012, 16:18
SUNDAY 17TH JUNE 2012
PLAY-OFF FINAL 1st Leg
PONFERRADINA vs CD TENERIFE

Kick-Off not yet confirmed but very likely to be at 8pm/9pm and on TV Canaria.

News about trip as soon as known.

Bluefox
11-06-2012, 16:46
Last season two 1-1 draws. Does it go to extra time/penalties?

Fred Perry
11-06-2012, 17:39
Yes, certainly does BlueFox if needed.

They are saying kick off for game this weekend at 8pm (Canarian time). Very difficult to reach Ponferrada by planning trip yourself, have to wait for special charter flight.

Fred Perry
12-06-2012, 09:36
Yes, confirmed for 7pm next Sunday. We will find out today regarding a possible charter flight.
Main problem is that the only nearby airport to Ponferrada (Leon) closes on Sunday evenings.
Madrid is 4 hours away.

As soon as I know I will put details on forum but we will have to move quickly as limited availability. Everyone needs copy of residencia ready.
The El Toralin stadium has a capacity of 8,300. In theory we should get 10% of the tickets, so 800, which would be sufficient as it is such a difficult place to get to! The train from Madrid is a nightmare, almost 7 hours!! Chuggington!! LOL

Davie Thistle
12-06-2012, 09:44
7hrs!?!?
Thats almost as bad as going to see
the Jags play in Dingwall on a saturday!!
Hats off to ALL of you that make it!!
:respect:

Fred Perry
12-06-2012, 14:06
Even though kick off was confirmed 100% yesterday, today or tomorrow it seems that it could change. TV want a 6pm kick off, the local team say no they want a 7pm but there could even be a compromise that the game will kick off at 9.15pm (10.15pm local time!!)

Rumours still abound regarding trip. May know more later.

Fred Perry
13-06-2012, 12:01
If you knew what hassle it has been to get to Ponferrada you would not be suprised why Spain is in such a mess. I realise that it is not easy to organise flights etc. and we are a long way down here in The Canaries but the trip plan has changed 8 times in the last 12 hours. Many were booked on and then were cancelled. Then you had an option ; fly TF North ot LANZAROTE wait about for 8 HOURS then flight to Madrid (3 hours) then coach to Ponferrada (4 hours). Talking about 16 hours of travelling.

Then that was cancelled (I think) no info, but another option came about fly on the Sunday and return Monday - 115€. Tiring trip as no sleep for 36 hours possible but cheaper. Now that has just been cancelled.

Not sure what is happening now.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, LATEST; Flight TFS to the North Pole, 3 days wait there then direct flight to Iraq then by road to Ponferrada arriving 5 minutes before kick off.

Slug Balancer
14-06-2012, 15:26
Can you divert to Luton en route to the North Pole?

Dandy Don
14-06-2012, 20:05
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-segunda-b/ponferradina-v-tenerife/winner

Going on recent form and an away win in the last play off round 4/1 with Paddy Power might be worth a punt.

bonitatime
15-06-2012, 10:38
I am fairly sure I am going via Gran Canaria and staying Saturday night in Ponferrada. I have friends going via Lanzarote and other friends who go and stay Saturday night in Gran Canaria before going on to Madrid and bus to Ponferrada on Sunday one if whom is due to arrive an hour before the game.
To anyone who is going alone tickets are available throught the club till 13.30 today.

Bluefox
15-06-2012, 11:30
Biggest away game of the season and no organised trip by the club, such a shame, you'd think they would encourage the support - bit of a shambles really.
To anybody lucky enough to be going to the game (by whatever means) I hope you have a good trip, and bring back a win...or at least a draw...or at worst a one goal deficit...I'll stop there!

Fred Perry
15-06-2012, 15:08
BlueFox; the club have never arranged away travel. They leave it up to local travel agencies and the club have helped fans with match tickets.
Atleast 700-800 CD Tenerife fans will converge on Ponferradina this Sunday for the game.

Bluefox
15-06-2012, 15:52
That's fine then, I stand corrected.

Fred Perry
16-06-2012, 13:30
The mini invasion has begun. According to Viajes Halcon this morning they are taking 998 fans. Add to that other making their own way and some living on the mainland and there could well be 1,200 Tenerife fans tomorrow in El Toralin, Ponferradina. Not bad for third tier of football plus distances involved.

footiefan
17-06-2012, 12:27
blimey i thought going to watch the shots was bad enough

gazza
17-06-2012, 16:33
Link for the game at 7pm is: http://www.rtvc.es/inicio/home.aspx

Manx Tartan
17-06-2012, 19:02
Just about to kick off and the bloody feed goes down. Damn it:twak:

FinnKris
17-06-2012, 19:49
1-0 to the home team Ponferradina at half time. Goal scored from a penalty very close to half time... Very soft penalty IMO, normal scuffle during a corner...

Fairly open game from what I've managed to see (stream a bit on-off). Home team with a couple of really great scoring chances earlier, Sergio saving one, Pablo with a great late tackle & one player shooting over the bar from close range. CDT mostly defending & hitting on the counter with a few chances but nothing clear cut.

Need a much better second half as we need an away goal from this position I feel.

canary boy
17-06-2012, 20:49
I think I will settle for the 1-0

FinnKris
17-06-2012, 20:55
1-0 to Ponferradina also at Full Time.

From what I saw (admittingly multi-tasking so didn't see everything & stream still funky) the home team was closer to scoring a second than CDT equalizing, so yeah guess we will have to settle for the 1-0.

I feel it is definitely advantage Ponferradina after this due to the away-goal rule, But only "half time" so all to play for & clearly a chance to turn it around for us.

seanocelt
18-06-2012, 03:40
The rain was brutal,my limited Spanish interpreted the TV Canaria commentators looking at abandonment at one point (just not used to rainy football). There was a passage of play in the final quarter that could have ended up with a 3 nil loss, so happy to take 0-1 to Santa Cruz, they look beatable.

Fred Perry
19-06-2012, 09:45
Another good trip. The length the fans had to go for this trip were great. One group of 50 had to fly to Gran Canaria the night before, then get up at 5am, fly the 3 hours to Madrid, then take a coach to Ponferrada that took about 6 hours. Watch the game and then after straight back on the coach for a 6 hour trip back to Madrid in the early hours. Once at Madrid Airport,and a few hours wait, a 3 hour flight back to Tenerife.

Our personal trip was not quite so hectic. Ponferrada is located in a mining area of (North-West Spain). There have been strikes lately by miners and incidents. On the motorway near the town you can see the marks of where the miners blocked the roads by burning tyres last week. It is a strange town, someone joked that it should be twinned with Chernobyl, the new town part is souless with blocks of apartments everywhere. The hotel was one of the wierdest(a carbunkle I think Charles would have called it), a high rise building in the middle of no-where.

When we arrived in the town we headed straight for the Hotel Celisus, where the players were staying and where 200 or so fans had congregated. After a few pre-match drinks we headed into the stadium, a tight British style ground, with a roof all the way around (handy as it poured down for most of the game!)

There are no excuses at this point of the season but the conditions suited the home side in the rain and wind. Despite the awful weather Ponferradina still watered the pitch before and at half-time!!

As for the game itself; I thought the first half was pretty even. The penalty was very harsh but at that point I thought at least there was time to nick a goal back. The second half was a bit of a let-off for the blanquiazules we have to admit. Especially with clear-cut chances. Tenerife did have 2 or 3 chances and Aridane went back to his old form in a way (crap), he missed a crucial header with 10 minutes remaining. I suppose that is why he is playing in 2nd B and will probably never get any higher, he had to make contact with that ball!!!

After the game we headed back to the hotel to dry off. Not exactly pleased but realising that the tie was in the balance.

The next day we headed back to Madrid in a luxury bus. It had the works; personal DVD players, wi-fi, free drinks & food, papers, we would definetely travel like that again for an away game.

After hanging about Madrid for the day we arrived back on the Island late Monday night already looking forward to next Sunday massive game.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Another good trip. The length the fans had to go for this trip were great. One group of 50 had to fly to Gran Canaria the night before, then get up at 5am, fly the 3 hours to Madrid, then take a coach to Ponferrada that took about 6 hours. Watch the game and then after straight back on the coach for a 6 hour trip back to Madrid in the early hours. Once at Madrid Airport,and a few hours wait, a 3 hour flight back to Tenerife.

Our personal trip was not quite so hectic. Ponferrada is located in a mining area of (North-West Spain). There have been strikes lately by miners and incidents. On the motorway near the town you can see the marks of where the miners blocked the roads by burning tyres last week. It is a strange town, someone joked that it should be twinned with Chernobyl, the new town part is souless with blocks of apartments everywhere. The hotel was one of the wierdest(a carbunkle I think Charles would have called it), a high rise building in the middle of no-where.

When we arrived in the town we headed straight for the Hotel Celisus, where the players were staying and where 200 or so fans had congregated. After a few pre-match drinks we headed into the stadium, a tight British style ground, with a roof all the way around (handy as it poured down for most of the game!)

There are no excuses at this point of the season but the conditions suited the home side in the rain and wind. Despite the awful weather Ponferradina still watered the pitch before and at half-time!!

As for the game itself; I thought the first half was pretty even. The penalty was very harsh but at that point I thought at least there was time to nick a goal back. The second half was a bit of a let-off for the blanquiazules we have to admit. Especially with clear-cut chances. Tenerife did have 2 or 3 chances and Aridane went back to his old form in a way (crap), he missed a crucial header with 10 minutes remaining. I suppose that is why he is playing in 2nd B and will probably never get any higher, he had to make contact with that ball!!!

After the game we headed back to the hotel to dry off. Not exactly pleased but realising that the tie was in the balance.

The next day we headed back to Madrid in a luxury bus. It had the works; personal DVD players, wi-fi, free drinks & food, papers, we would definetely travel like that again for an away game.

After hanging about Madrid for the day we arrived back on the Island late Monday night already looking forward to next Sunday massive game.