PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 24th Play-off final 2nd leg : CD Tenerife v Ponferradina

Fred Perry
12-06-2012, 09:26
SUNDAY 24TH JUNE
KICK OFF MIDDAY

PLAY-OFF FINAL 2nd LEG

CD TENERIFE vs PONFERRADINA

Live on TV Canaria

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS DO NOT HAVE TO PAY - Tickets on sale from today (Tuesday 12th) at "Soy Del Tete, Plaza Fañabe"
Prices range from 15€ in Grada Popular(behind goal) to 35€ in main stand.

bonitatime
15-06-2012, 15:07
15€ tickets have now sold out

alacrity
18-06-2012, 11:54
Hi does anyone know if there are any coaches from the Los Cris area going to this game please.Thanks.

seanocelt
18-06-2012, 12:01
I loved the green away strips (was very surprised to see them). Not spotted them in the shop or anywhere else, are they on sale?

KirstyJay
19-06-2012, 13:33
Hi does anyone know if there are any coaches from the Los Cris area going to this game please.Thanks.Fred Perry will be putting one on... whether he has places available or not, is a different matter. Send him a PM (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=174) :)

bonitatime
20-06-2012, 08:50
The green top was last seasons 3 strip .Did not know they were using them this season.

This is a new this season strip and as far as I know we have them in the south shop. If not drop me a note on Facebook and I will bring some down.

www.soydeltete.es

seanocelt
20-06-2012, 11:41
Great, i never saw them in the South shop, we want 2 (me and wife). Sending Facebook message now.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-06-2012, 11:54
Could someone tell us how ticket sales are going.....and how many do you think will be at the game this week.

Fred Perry
20-06-2012, 12:41
GRADA POPULAR (UP AND DOWN) - SOLD OUT IN 3 HOURS LAST WEEK.
HERRADURA (UP AND DOWN) - WILL BE SOLD OUT BY END OF TODAY
TRIBUNA MAIN STAND - not too many left.
SAN SEBASTIAN - still some tickets available.

It will be 18,000+ without a doubt.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-06-2012, 12:51
Thanks mate as you are in the know could you give us any info on the team this week?

Or any plans by the supporters to do anything special for the game....balloons ect.....

I know i am asking a few questions today Chris but to be honest s....... bricks inside lol

Fred Perry
20-06-2012, 13:08
The "TIFO" this week will be of the "crazy" nature. Plenty of flags, tick-a-tape and toilet roll; Argentinian style. There will also be a few "suprises". :eyebrows:

As for the team; not that sure but likely to be the same as last sunday apart from Victor Bravo who will make his way after his ban.

bonitatime
21-06-2012, 08:26
There is a massive call for cut up newspaper and from up stairs toilet rolls
Balloons either blue or white
And to shout and scream as much as possible
At 10.25 the team will arrive at the Stadium and the club have asked of the fans can be there to great them. Those On the bus cant but anyone who is going by car might like to be there
There is a call for Tenerife and Canarian flags to be displayed From Windows and balconies all week

henry
21-06-2012, 10:59
hard to find blue toliet paper, white no problem !! i be wearing my shirt and my scraf as well.. and i be going by bus.what time the game at 12?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hard to find blue toliet paper, white no problem !! i be wearing my shirt and my scraf as well.. and i be going by bus.what time the game at 12?

YOUNG GOLFER
21-06-2012, 11:20

Yes mate the time is SUNDAY 24TH JUNE
KICK OFF MIDDAY !!

giantaxe
23-06-2012, 16:43
i'm trying to find a stream to watch it on....but either way.....i'll keep a check on here, hopefully someone will post updates....

fingers crossed and all that....:pray:

bonitatime
23-06-2012, 18:24
I won't update here but if the 3G works I will update on our Facebook page
www.facebook.com/Soydeltete

The armada sur twitter is usually going too

KirstyJay
23-06-2012, 21:44
The armada sur twitter is usually going toohttp://www.twitter.com/armadasur

i'm trying to find a stream to watch it on....but either way.....i'll keep a check on here, hopefully someone will post updates....

fingers crossed and all that....:pray:http://www.rtvc.es/television/enDirecto.aspx?canal=tv

claret
23-06-2012, 22:57
Good luck CD Tenerife and well done the Armada Sur by sticking by the team all season.

West mids tyke
24-06-2012, 10:46
Ill second that claret, good luck to the boys today ill be shouting from a distance and hoping its not a fall at the last hurdle, really enjoyed the atmosphere at the heliodoro back in november, its amazing that suddenly because of something like this though like most teams that people suddenly come out of the woodwork to support their team where were they during the season, makes you wonder but 9000 back in november was an amazing sound today will be just electric wish i was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUkl3CHpCk

CaribeCelt
24-06-2012, 11:31
Good luck CDT.

mrmista
24-06-2012, 12:51
Why do we always get a bad stream when there is a big game ???

And why no commentary from OASIS !!!!

Isn't the game big enough for them ... sorry rant over !!

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

armadasur
24-06-2012, 13:15
one nil down :(

Slug Balancer
24-06-2012, 13:18
I'm with you feller.
Sitting in sodden Stevenage with no live feed or radio commentary.
On top of that someone in the town has won £63 million on the lottery and I've lost my ticket. Bugger!

armadasur
24-06-2012, 13:20
make that 2 game over.....

Mike
24-06-2012, 13:21
Lucky if seen 5 minutes Stream terrible.

Listening to game on Canarian tv radio station. 2-0 to Ponferradina . Season over. First goal another penalty

Davie Thistle
24-06-2012, 13:23
Ahhfurfugsache!!! :mad:
C'mon CDT!
you'd think I'd be used to disapointment supporting the Partick Thistle?
never get used to it!
rolleyes2:

Shugstar63
24-06-2012, 13:28
Ahhfurfugsache!!! :mad:
rolleyes2:

DavieT......save that for England scoring tonight!
Couldn't get a stream either......maybe just as well !:cry:

mrmista
24-06-2012, 14:06
Ah well ... a derby against CD Marino to look forward to I suppose.

Chris - please advise asap when you know the date for fixtures to be release... THANX

murph
24-06-2012, 14:22
Aah well, as one door closes behind you, another one shuts in your face!

:( Bloody Footy! :(

mrmista
24-06-2012, 14:34
Looks like the 4th Annual South Cheshire Formation Drinking Team Tour 2012 will be late Nov or early Dec.... new season's fixtures awaited with anticipation!!

Cousin Mista can almost taste the Tia Maria & Orange Juice already...

giantaxe
24-06-2012, 15:38
not a happy bunny....:(

Fred Perry
24-06-2012, 19:04
Great atmosphere first half but with the sending off and the two goal deficit it was game over after an hour.
Also;CDT are in big trouble after today with the Spanish FA. Hopefully it will just be fines and not a point deduction (unlikely).

1)Flares let off at start
2) Pitch invasion
3) Incidents on pitch with away fans
and more disturbingly, the duaghter of the Ponferradina president was hit by a rock (how cowardly)outside the stadium and was taken away in an ambulance.

As for the match, they outplayed us over the 2 legs so you cannot really complain. The ref was shocking (especially first half) and the red card for Kitoko and penalty really changed the game.

Next year, upwards and onwards.

Even Tenisca from the Island of La Palma did not get promoted (they lost their final on penalties) so we dont even get that derby to go to next season. It is just CD Marino v CD Tenerife.

One of the worst and deception filled days ever for me today (football wise) but I take heart that the Armada Sur coaches were buzzing and the fans(apart from the odd idiot were great).
Photos and videos soon.

giantaxe
24-06-2012, 19:17
Great atmosphere first half but with the sending off and the two goal deficit it was game over after an hour.
Also;CDT are in big trouble after today with the Spanish FA. Hopefully it will just be fines and not a point deduction (unlikely).

1)Flares let off at start
2) Pitch invasion
3) Incidents on pitch with away fans
and more disturbingly, the duaghter of the Ponferradina president was hit by a rock (how cowardly)outside the stadium and was taken away in an ambulance.

As for the match, they outplayed us over the 2 legs so you cannot really complain. The ref was shocking (especially first half) and the red card for Kitoko and penalty really changed the game.

Next year, upwards and onwards.

Even Tenisca from the Island of La Palma did not get promoted (they lost their final on penalties) so we dont even get that derby to go to next season. It is just CD Marino v CD Tenerife.

One of the worst and deception filled days ever for me today (football wise) but I take heart that the Armada Sur coaches were buzzing and the fans(apart from the odd idiot were great).
Photos and videos soon.

wow chris!...seems like a hell of a day!
disgusting about the rock incident though..

as for next season and the CD Marino game...it seems ironic it was only the other year, i asked you about them...as we always stay just up the road from their ground. will that stadium of theirs hold 9 or 10 thousand though?....i presume that would be the sort of turnout.or will both games be played in santa cruz?

Fred Perry
24-06-2012, 19:17
http://i48.tinypic.com/xggrc9.jpg

henry
24-06-2012, 19:32
yeah i went to the game and talking to my aunt she and i really think the game was fixed. also when i was heading home i over heard some male spanish fans so excited so happy it was 4 guys singing saying we got promtion to 2nd division. when this happed? i really thought tenerife sad to said it stuck in 2nd b. i didn´t wanna to start anything but i think the guys are dead wrong.and also i during the game i was siting right behind the guy who went onto the field. he was really upset and i watch him climb over the rail and run for a secound i really thought he was going to hit the goalie for the other team. good thing he didn´t that whoule start a riot i think. the first half was great until all those yellow cards come flying everywhere. but good day i think i got a little sunburn on my legs but it was worth it. also this morning i was on the bus and saw all the armana sur fans waiting for their bus.

Mike
24-06-2012, 19:34
Chris
Take your word for it regarding referee, thought referee last week was awful, never a penalty. Could not game,apart from 5 minutes in first half as stream would not work.
So near but so far. See you next season.Will be back over near end of September.
Do you know whenn fixture list will be out

Fred Perry
24-06-2012, 20:56
Fixture list out July 20th or so Mike.

Henry; I was´nt a fix as you say. The ref was terrible for us in the first half (the second half apart from the penalty he had nothing to do).

The Marino game will be played in Las Americas I am sure. The capacity of their stadium is about 6.000. I would´nt be suprised if they put in temporary seats the day they play CD Tenerife though.
Strange derby really as most CD Marino fans follow CD Tenerife as well. There is no rivalry.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2vluv07.jpg

Chayofa Tete
25-06-2012, 08:21
No harm to CD Marino but this is one derby I had hoped not to see.Interesting to see what players/management team we have for next season,changes on the way I assume.

bonitatime
25-06-2012, 09:02
Interesting view about the ref
Lots around me were talking about going home after 30 mins as it was clearly impossible to win
Someone commented, they need a dive in the box so he can give a penalty and less than 5 mins into the second half there it was. We didn't play well but the reffing was either atrocious or biased. Take your pick
I thought the incident with the rock was inside the stadium and if it was outside I don't think the club can be punished. No one should be treated this way and having been at the other end of flying bottles in La Linea I know how scary this can be.
http://img.tapatalk.com/512d340a-1a2a-670e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/512d3434-1a62-25a6.jpg
The lot from Hoops in Los Cris seemed to have a great time and this morning on the bus going to Santa Cruz two men who I travel up with most days commented on how well behaved the were. Looking forward to seeing tou all again next year.

Becky
25-06-2012, 09:57
Nice touch of humour in one of the local dailies today in the shape of a piece entitled Tenerife's 'Journey to the Americas' , saying how a 'voyage of discovery' to play unfashionable Marino next season may just be what the club needs to get a grip on its true reality and not feel it has a divine right to be in a higher league. In other words, a big wake-up call after the last three dreadful years.

Fred Perry
25-06-2012, 10:20
"Last three dreadful years?". Finishing second in the league and reaching a Final is not dreadful. Two seasons ago even though we were relegated from La Liga everyone was proud of the team and we were only relegated on last day. So, that is one dreadful season in three in my eyes.

Becky
25-06-2012, 12:41
Reminds of of Meat Loaf many years ago. 'Two out of Three ain't Bad'. Only joking, Fred. I and my OH, who knows more about footie than me, honestly take our hats off to you (singular and plural) for your unbending support for CD Tenerife through thick and thin. That said, without exception, everyone who has written or spoken about the club today in the media (papers, radio) takes the view that it has got things badly wrong every season of late, building teams that are, it seems, not equipped for the level played in. This year alone, 3 managers and 29 players gone through, including some very costly gaffes such as Rodriguez, Loro and Nico. Is it true that the team that did go up had more home-grown Canarians on its books than Tenerife? If so, it speaks volumes. One paper says that the little Santa Cruz-born winger, Acaran or something like that, who destroyed the Tenerife defence yesterday was let go a couple of seasons ago after being repeatedly loaned out by Tenerife to other sides. Another thing that I find worrying is the almost unanimous joy felt by those outside Tenerife at the failure to go up yesterday. What is is about Tenerife that provokes such feelings? My OH was reading the sports papers on Internet last night and was shocked by the 'celebrations' in readers' comments and they were far from confined to Las Palmas! Ah well, onwards and (hopefully) upwards as of August. We look forward to your usual info on new signings etc.

Fred Perry
25-06-2012, 16:15
The composition of the our new group Dave will be known this week. But it looks like this;
Grupo I: Galicia (Ourense y Coruxo), Asturias (Oviedo, Sporting B, Marino de Luanco y Caudal de Mieres), Cantabria (Gimnástica de Torrelavega y Noja), Madrid (Atlético de Madrid B, Getafe B, Rayo B, Leganés, Alcalá, San Sebastián de los Reyes y Fuenlabrada), Castilla-La Mancha (Albacete, La Roda y Puertollano) y Canarias (CD TENERIFE y Marino de Los Cristianos).

Our first game will def. be against CD Marino as the Spanish FA where they can organise local derbies as in August travel is very expensive and difficult.

Acoran played here about 10 years ago without much glory it has to be said. He did have his chance. Ponferradina had 2 Canarians in their squad, Tenerife had 3. No-one has suggested that this year has been a spectacular success as we did not achieve our goal of promotion (and we reached our limit yesterday against a superior Ponferradina team) but I still think it is harsh that people say "dreadful season" when we won 13 out of 22 home games, finished 2nd and reached the play-off final.

Becky; Probably goes back to when Tenerife beat Real madrid on the last day of the season to hand the title to Barca. Still alot of bad feeling going back to that from Madridistas. Also, the political side of it from pro-Spanish fans that do not like Canarians.
Not bothered; No-one likes us we don´t care. lol

seanocelt
27-06-2012, 12:02
Interesting view about the ref
Lots around me were talking about going home after 30 mins as it was clearly impossible to win
Someone commented, they need a dive in the box so he can give a penalty and less than 5 mins into the second half there it was. We didn't play well but the reffing was either atrocious or biased. Take your pick
I thought the incident with the rock was inside the stadium and if it was outside I don't think the club can be punished. No one should be treated this way and having been at the other end of flying bottles in La Linea I know how scary this can be.
http://img.tapatalk.com/512d340a-1a2a-670e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/512d3434-1a62-25a6.jpg
The lot from Hoops in Los Cris seemed to have a great time and this morning on the bus going to Santa Cruz two men who I travel up with most days commented on how well behaved the were. Looking forward to seeing tou all again next year.

I heard good things (scoreline aside), i was in the UK and missed it. Anyway, will be at a few games next season. Sad for the club that this chance was missed, its a tough escape route.

bonitatime
27-06-2012, 15:03
It is a very hard league to move up from and although our target wasn't achieved we were there until the last possible moment. To build a team from scratch is very hard and next season we start with a block to work from.
Not sure what you think was wrong with Loro but he played on and off from when he arrived.
Preseason starts on the 16th with medicals and we should get a new sports director this week.

Fred Perry
27-06-2012, 17:48
Fixtures out on July 10th. CDT will play CD Marino on the first match (Aug 18th/19th) due to the league wanting to play derby matches at that time (this is due to the expensive and difficult travelling in August in Spain). Obviously we will not know if we are at home or away on that frist weekend until the draw is made.

Roadkingrider
01-07-2012, 12:27
In UK at moment, can anyone tell me how Tenerife did last weekend? Know they lost, but what does that mean - not being promoted I presume? Shame if so.

garlicbread
01-07-2012, 13:01
In UK at moment, can anyone tell me how Tenerife did last weekend? Know they lost, but what does that mean - not being promoted I presume? Shame if so.

I've merged your post with a thread on this subject, all info here

bonitatime
02-07-2012, 09:34
It means just that. They stay in 2b and get to try again next season. It is a hard division to move up from of the 80 teams only 4 go up.

henry
02-07-2012, 16:10
It means just that. They stay in 2b and get to try again next season. It is a hard division to move up from of the 80 teams only 4 go up.

if only the 1 place in the 4 groups go up. beside the playoffs. that whould be cool i think