PDA

View Full Version : Other Robbery in Augusta Park, Amarilla Golf, Tenerife

princessmonika
12-06-2012, 15:18
sitting with my friends on there balcony in the front -- but in the back ---a black man climbed over the back balcony , and when she went into her bed room he was there , ran when he saw her, jumped over the balcony, and ran down the road where a friend waited in the car and off they went
police was called but will they catch them?????????? so be very carefull-- lock your doors when sitting in the front or the back--

chifleta
12-06-2012, 16:08
sitting with my friends on there balcony in the front -- but in the back ---a black man climbed over the back balcony , and when she went into her bed room he was there , ran when he saw her, jumped over the balcony, and ran down the road where a friend waited in the car and off they went
police was called but will they catch them?????????? so be very carefull-- lock your doors when sitting in the front or the back--

a lady that goes to same gym as me had thieves take stuff from her apartment the other week, and her son was asleep at the time, having a siesta.... they took two laptops and mobile phones, not much else as they obviously found the son asleep, but about 3k worth of stuff.... police didn't even take fingerprints that were there, where they'd climbed up over balcony/through window..... and with it not being a "break in" so to speak as everything was open, well that probably won't cover the theft........ I think we all need to keep eyes and ears open more than ever :( shame really.

Tom & Sharon
12-06-2012, 17:43

That's terrible, did they get anything Monika?

marbro8
12-06-2012, 19:40
police was called but will they catch them?????????? so be very carefull-- lock your doors when sitting in the front or the back--what are the gun laws like in tenerife? as in could you legaly shoot the tw*t

Simon-M
12-06-2012, 20:02
what are the gun laws like in tenerife? as in could you legaly shoot the tw*t

You can buy a nice pellet gun. Gas powered, semi-automatic, laser dot. 8 round mag. All you need is an NIE number and about 150€. Intersport do them.

Not sure the police would be too happy with you if you happened to shoot someone with it though. I suppose that would depend on the circumstances and how you just happened to be shooting cans in the garden at the time.

Not a good idea to have around the house though unless you have had at least basic firearms safety training. Not to be had with kids in the house that's for sure.

marbro8
12-06-2012, 20:10
You can buy a nice pellet gun. Gas powered, semi-automatic, laser dot. 8 round mag. All you need is an NIE number and about 150€. Intersport do them.

Not sure the police would be too happy with you if you happened to shoot someone with it though. I suppose that would depend on the circumstances and how you just happened to be shooting cans in the garden at the time.

Not a good idea to have around the house though unless you have had at least basic firearms safety training. Not to be had with kids in the house that's for sure.sounds good to me mate, we haven't got kids:D, after having 4 attempted break ins here in the uk i have a deterrent (the less said the better:wink2:) and i would not hesitate to use it if i caught someone in my property:angry

Tom & Sharon
12-06-2012, 20:28
We're just round the corner from Monika.

I wonder if the culprit can outrun a rottweiler?

marbro8
12-06-2012, 20:32
We're just round the corner from Monika.

I wonder if the culprit can outrun a rottweiler?nice weapon;)

LeFrunk
12-06-2012, 20:45
A nail gun would be the answer , no NIE number required and up to 4in nails fired out of it .

princessmonika
12-06-2012, 20:53
No they got nothing , because when margaret confronted him he run. , but she got a big fright needless to say

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes sharon I was sitting with margaret and tom on the front balcony.

karinagal
12-06-2012, 20:57
No they got nothing , because when margaret confronted him he run. , but she got a big fright needless to say

Good lord - I'm so glad Margaret wasn't hurt.. Tell her we're so sorry to hear that she had this happen to her and glad that the thieving bar stewards left empty handed.. Must have given you a fright too Monika?

The undisputed queen of de-nial

CaribeCelt
12-06-2012, 21:18
A nail gun would be the answer , no NIE number required and up to 4in nails fired out of it .

:D:lol::lol:...Trust a Belfast headcase to come out with something like that:lol:

lapalma
12-06-2012, 21:49
:D:lol::lol:...Trust a Belfast headcase to come out with something like that:lol:

Now I know the calibre of the guns on this site,Iam totaly shocked at the posts on this thread and in many ways I know know who have the guns...........

dede
12-06-2012, 21:56
The best deterrent is definitely have a dog, i have two dogs and they would bring the house down if anyone tried to get in. The cheek of them now though trying when people are in their own homes. Scum......

princessmonika
13-06-2012, 06:49
karina not margaret next door ---- it was margaret and tom behind me in the upstairs apartment -- we where sitting on the front balcony overlooking the sea and our bungalows in front--- tom and margaret's back balcony is overlooking the mountains and the waste ground behind augusta park -- he got up from the ground floor terrace on the iron gates

carpenter
13-06-2012, 08:35
All this talk of weapons is nonsense and childish, thank god no one was hurt you hear of similar stories in the Caribbean and they usually don't end as fortunate for the residents. With over 30% unemployment robberies are going to happen, people are desperate.

There are a lot of opportunists in the Golf areas and always will be it's so easy to hop over a low wall and quickly into an apartment and make your getaway across the open land, the apartments and contents are very easy to evaluate from outside and as the average age of an expat is (guessing) 55+ the chances of being caught very low.

Blinds or curtains are a good way of reducing the risk of your house being sized up from afar, placing valuables out of site at all times, security bars give you the safety and freedom to keep doors and windows open for those afternoon siestas. Dogs for many are not practical and I want to see less dogs on this island not more despite having dobermans myself and knowing how secure they make us feel our dogs are primarily and solely pets in our eyes not tools and the money would be better spent on other methods/deterrents.

PS
Letting a Rottweiler feast on an intruder will get you into a lot of trouble, as they are on the dangerous dogs list it is necessary for the owner of the dog to have a license for them which involves a physiological report and exam this is much the same as the firearm license and it's all in Spanish and the dog must be insured.

Simon-M
13-06-2012, 09:35
All this talk of weapons is nonsense and childish Your post could be interpreted as liberal, do-gooding clap-trap but that would just be insulting :)

jack oakley
13-06-2012, 09:37
If you or anyone you know is robbed check the bassura bins quickly, the modus operendi of one gang in particular is a single young male robs the apartment mostly on opportunic moments, ie:patio door left open or bathroom windows open. Whatever they take they dump in the nearest bassura bin and walk away emply handed, later a van comes round and takes the 'booty' out of the bin. One vehicle is a regular visitor to the bins and are passed off as scavengers which they may well be but not long ago it was observed in the early hours of the morning that a medium sized white citroen or renault van with a roofrack and black rear doors cruised the Amarilla, a woman passenger alights while a male driver observes, she was seen picking out a handbag emptying it's contents into the van and throwing the bag back into the bin. This may be innocent scaveging but people don't usualy throw away full handbags.... Jack.O

dede
13-06-2012, 09:39
Well my dogs are not on the dangerous dog list and they are also my babies, but i know that they would protect me from anyone trying to get in. They would certainly let me know if anyone was trying to get in and then I have a rather large husband who would deal with them personally and nobody would tell him how he should.:raspberry:

carpenter
13-06-2012, 10:36
Your post could be interpreted as liberal, do-gooding clap-trap but that would just be insulting :)

Simon M WTF? your status says friendly I disagree. Liberal maybe, do gooding so what! Sorry for trying to give an educated non violent response.
You couldn't possibly insult someone online without having met them personally otherwise it's childish and cowardly.......

Well my dogs are not on the dangerous dog list and they are also my babies, but i know that they would protect me from anyone trying to get in. They would certainly let me know if anyone was trying to get in and then I have a rather large husband who would deal with them personally and nobody would tell him how he should.:raspberry:

Too true, small dogs are excellent deterrents but non permanent residents will not have that luxury. I also worked front line security for nearly 20years but that does not make me or my possessions safe.

If you or anyone you know is robbed check the bassura bins quickly, the modus operendi of one gang in particular is a single young male robs the apartment mostly on opportunic moments, ie:patio door left open or bathroom windows open. Whatever they take they dump in the nearest bassura bin and walk away emply handed, later a van comes round and takes the 'booty' out of the bin. One vehicle is a regular visitor to the bins and are passed off as scavengers which they may well be but not long ago it was observed in the early hours of the morning that a medium sized white citroen or renault van with a roofrack and black rear doors cruised the Amarilla, a woman passenger alights while a male driver observes, she was seen picking out a handbag emptying it's contents into the van and throwing the bag back into the bin. This may be innocent scaveging but people don't usualy throw away full handbags.... Jack.O

Nice post but be careful you'll be accused of being a liberal do gooder

Simon-M
13-06-2012, 11:00
Simon M WTF? your status says friendly I disagree. Liberal maybe, do gooding so what! Sorry for trying to give an educated non violent response.
You couldn't possibly insult someone online without having met them personally otherwise it's childish and cowardly.......

You need to take a chill pill mate. Smiley faces indicate tongue in cheek, LOOK :)

Calling people childish, cowardly, and nonsensical because you disagree with their point of view and without knowing a thing about them is pretty silly really. What gives you the god given right to be the ultimate say on all things self protection anyway?

carpenter
13-06-2012, 11:14
Sarcasm does not translate well, my answer was written to be as informative as possible and was..... lets say realistic! I wasn't talking about calling up Bruce Willis and the Terminater, I've had it (I'm sorry) with people that think they can take on the world with a pocket knife and a shoelace the truth is everyone is mortal and fighting violence with violence is very American and Gang related mentality.

I do apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Edit

As as far as self protection is concerned I have trained with the police, army and private body guarding companies as well as smaller agencies. Trained in self defence, protection, anti harassment laws. Witnessed some terrible things. Probably more than most. But this isn't about me :)

Simon-M
13-06-2012, 13:58
I do apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

No offence taken. It was irony by the way :) not sarcasm. Whose splitting hairs though ;)

carpenter
13-06-2012, 14:54
No offence taken. It was irony by the way :) not sarcasm. Whose splitting hairs though ;)

I am not getting started on irony lol that's a subject that deserves it's own thread with a full explanation as to what is and isn't. Alanis Morisette did a lot of damage with that song, The only thing ironic about it was the fact she got the meaning of irony completly wrong.

Madre
13-06-2012, 18:14
So it was an attempted robbery not a robbery ?

princessmonika
13-06-2012, 20:48
Well attempted or not. A thief was in her bed room. He could have killed her. So it was a robbery even so he did not get anything. He had no right to be there. He robbed her of sleepless nights to come. I spoke to her today. So not material but mentally :bottomline::bottomline::bottomline:

marbro8
13-06-2012, 21:17
Well attempted or not. A thief was in her bed room. He could have killed her. So it was a robbery even so he did not get anything. He had no right to be there. He robbed her of sleepless nights to come. I spoke to her today. So not material but mentally :bottomline::bottomline::bottomline: you are right pm,tbh until it has happened to you, you can not imagine how it makes you feel,every bump every creak of the floorboards every bang no matter what time in the night or morning you are up at the window or going down stairs to check the windows and doors, it is horrible:angry:

curlytop
13-06-2012, 22:20
you are right pm,tbh until it has happened to you, you can not imagine how it makes you feel,every bump every creak of the floorboards every bang no matter what time in the night or morning you are up at the window or going down stairs to check the windows and doors, it is horrible:angry:

Totally :agree:

Tom & Sharon
13-06-2012, 23:06
How did this thread turn into an attack on innocent people wanting to protect their own property from thieving scumbags?

Anyone who crosses the boundary of other people's property, with mal intention, deserves all they get.

Our dog is allowed to be free to roam on our property. If someone comes uninvited, over the fence and through a window at 4 am, they have absolutely no-one to blame but themselves for the outcome!

No do-gooders here!

carpenter
13-06-2012, 23:57
How did this thread turn into an attack on innocent people wanting to protect their own property from thieving scumbags?

Anyone who crosses the boundary of other people's property, with mal intention, deserves all they get.

Our dog is allowed to be free to roam on our property. If someone comes uninvited, over the fence and through a window at 4 am, they have absolutely no-one to blame but themselves for the outcome!

No do-gooders here!

No one attacking is anybody T & S definitely not me it was an informative post just as was the op.
If you don't mind me asking you must exercise your Rotty so who looks after the premises during this time? It is now that you find yourself as vulnerable as someone without a dog.

It is for this reason that I made sure that all the locks were changed on our security gates because we are quite often out walking our dogs.

Also our dogs are not on the dangerous dogs list and I would love for any would be intruder to see the whites of our dobermans eyes and feel how sharp their teeth are. But nothing would come back on me because I do not need a license for them.

That's all I was saying, not that people don't have the right to defend their property just that you can't be there all the time to do it and some laws are ridiculous at times and if you go and buy a pellet gun or samurai sword as self protection and they get stolen from you because you weren't at home then the next poor victim is going to have an armed robber on their premises and the whole thing escalates.

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 20:33
All this talk of weapons is nonsense and childish, thank god no one was hurt you hear of similar stories in the Caribbean and they usually don't end as fortunate for the residents. With over 30% unemployment robberies are going to happen, people are desperate.

There are a lot of opportunists in the Golf areas and always will be it's so easy to hop over a low wall and quickly into an apartment and make your getaway across the open land, the apartments and contents are very easy to evaluate from outside and as the average age of an expat is (guessing) 55+ the chances of being caught very low.

Blinds or curtains are a good way of reducing the risk of your house being sized up from afar, placing valuables out of site at all times, security bars give you the safety and freedom to keep doors and windows open for those afternoon siestas. Dogs for many are not practical and I want to see less dogs on this island not more despite having dobermans myself and knowing how secure they make us feel our dogs are primarily and solely pets in our eyes not tools and the money would be better spent on other methods/deterrents.

PS
Letting a Rottweiler feast on an intruder will get you into a lot of trouble, as they are on the dangerous dogs list it is necessary for the owner of the dog to have a license for them which involves a physiological report and exam this is much the same as the firearm license and it's all in Spanish and the dog must be insured.

I dont care if i insult your intellegence but you talk b*****ks . People like you are whats wrong with countrys nowdays .

golf birdie
14-06-2012, 20:41
I dont care if i insult your intellegence but you talk b*****ks . People like you are whats wrong with countrys nowdays .

maybe so. I know a bloke who kept a baseball bat by his bed in case of being broken into. One night he was and went down stairs with the bat. Next thing he remember was waking up in hospital 3 days after, broken jaw, 3 broken ribs and he almost lost his eye due to the two robbers beating the living day lights out of him with his own bat. This was 15 years back and he still suffers. He was a lot bigger and harder than most men I knew and still stood no chance. We are not all Rambo's. The Police said he should of locked himself in his room and phoned them and he agrees with them.

carpenter
14-06-2012, 20:48

Oh good a hard man behind an IP address, what exactly have I said that you don't agree with, you tell me exactly what is B******* if you can, is it the bit about making the apartments more secure? the fact that the more elderly the resident the easier the target? The fact that if you own a dangerous dog without a license you could get into a lot of trouble? or the fact that if you do buy a weapon it could be stolen from you because you not always at home are you? and what country are you on about anyway? Cos Belfast has after 25 years realised that violence is not the answer!

dede
14-06-2012, 21:25
So tell me carpenter what would you do if you caught someone in your property besides what the dogs would do?? in the scenario that your dogs are outside and the intruder is inside with you, just what would you do yourself??? I would genuinely like to know please.

lapalma
14-06-2012, 21:35
maybe so. I know a bloke who kept a baseball bat by his bed in case of being broken into. One night he was and went down stairs with the bat. Next thing he remember was waking up in hospital 3 days after, broken jaw, 3 broken ribs and he almost lost his eye due to the two robbers beating the living day lights out of him with his own bat. This was 15 years back and he still suffers. He was a lot bigger and harder than most men I knew and still stood no chance. We are not all Rambo's. The Police said he should of locked himself in his room and phoned them and he agrees with them.

So strange comments coming from a poster called (LeFrunk),this is the type of person that I would not be associated with whilst on holiday in the Canary Islands.I have been coming to the Islands for more that 40 years and in that time I have never met anything bad,until I look at LeFrunk.All the best to the forum.

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 21:43
Oh good a hard man behind an IP address, what exactly have I said that you don't agree with, you tell me exactly what is B******* if you can, is it the bit about making the apartments more secure? the fact that the more elderly the resident the easier the target? The fact that if you own a dangerous dog without a license you could get into a lot of trouble? or the fact that if you do buy a weapon it could be stolen from you because you not always at home are you? and what country are you on about anyway? Cos Belfast has after 25 years realised that violence is not the answer!

Firstly , im not a hard man behind an IP address , i believe in an eye for an eye . I have seen at first hand , punishments for antisocial behaviour against the local community and believe me it WORKS . It doesnt suit you or lots of other people to hear me say that but its you and people like you who stand up in a courtroom pleading with a judge that the person in front of the judge has came from a broken home or his father was a drunkard and beat him and it wasnt his/her fault that he stabbed the 85yr old man in his own home , please let him out and he will get counciling , B*****ks again , try living in the real world . I do and im still NOT a hard man .

carpenter
14-06-2012, 21:55
So tell me carpenter what would you do if you caught someone in your property besides what the dogs would do?? in the scenario that your dogs are outside and the intruder is inside with you, just what would you do yourself???

That's very easy to answer Dede,
I would protect my wife and child no matter what. If that intruder made a move for me than I would assume that my family would be next and so nothing would stop be from overpowering him.

If it was a choice between engaging in contact or letting him escape (dogs not waiting for him) I would let him escape and then hold my family for a long time.

I am trained in several forms of unarmed combat but the best form of defence is to retreat.
I have witnessed many things in my life and my wife watched my best friend die after he was stabbed to death so why do anything that may put your loved ones at risk.

Firstly , im not a hard man behind an IP address , i believe in an eye for an eye . I have seen at first hand , punishments for antisocial behaviour against the local community and believe me it WORKS . It doesnt suit you or lots of other people to hear me say that but its you and people like you who stand up in a courtroom pleading with a judge that the person in front of the judge has came from a broken home or his father was a drunkard and beat him and it wasnt his/her fault that he stabbed the 85yr old man in his own home , please let him out and he will get counciling , B*****ks again , try living in the real world . I do and im still NOT a hard man .

Forgive me but are you talking about punishments from PIRA? I don't think that has a place here and I must say your judgement of me is very inaccurate. I don't believe in rewarding troubled kids with holidays or going light on anyone I believe in schemes similar to Borstals not vigilantes taking the law into there own hands.

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 22:04
So strange comments coming from a poster called (LeFrunk),this is the type of person that I would not be associated with whilst on holiday in the Canary Islands.I have been coming to the Islands for more that 40 years and in that time I have never met anything bad,until I look at LeFrunk.All the best to the forum.

LeFrunk was a knickname given to me by a woman from Gran Canaria if you must know . And i would be the first person to help anyone in need but i draw the line with scum . Im sorry that you feel that i am a person that you wouldnt associate yourself with but i have never been in trouble with police or army in my 49yrs on this planet so i will take execption with that remark . You have never met me but you judge me , i must let you know that i wont be judged by no man who hasnt even met me , spoke to me or even seen me . I wouldnt say those things to you so dont say it about me .

That's very easy to answer Dede,
I would protect my wife and child no matter what. If that intruder made a move for me than I would assume that my family would be next and so nothing would stop be from overpowering him.

If it was a choice between engaging in contact or letting him escape (dogs not waiting for him) I would let him escape and then hold my family for a long time.

I am trained in several forms of unarmed combat but the best form of defence is to retreat.
I have witnessed many things in my life and my wife watched my best friend die after he was stabbed to death so why do anything that may put your loved ones at risk.

Forgive me but are you talking about punishments from PIRA? I don't think that has a place here and I must say your judgement of me is very inaccurate. I don't believe in rewarding troubled kids with holidays or going light on anyone I believe in schemes similar to Borstals not vigilantes taking the law into there own hands.

Excuse me , i didnt once mention PIRA . i DID mention LOCAL COMMUNITY . I do believe in the community taking the law into their own hands as the police and courts cant do the job they get paid to do . So i would like you to take the remark back as its you who typed it , not me .

And as a fact , a joyrider was caught in an estate in Belfast , the local community nailed him to a fence , he didnt steal cars again , fact , so thats why i said in my first post about a nail gun .

carpenter
14-06-2012, 22:21
Excuse me , i didnt once mention PIRA . i DID mention LOCAL COMMUNITY . I do believe in the community taking the law into their own hands as the police and courts cant do the job they get paid to do . So i would like you to take the remark back as its you who typed it , not me .

How can I take a question back Le Frunk? I asked it and you answered it!
I also said I don't believe in vigilantes or local community taking action, after all I live in 2012 not 1930's Alabama

lapalma
14-06-2012, 22:22
LeFrunk,my most humble apologies if I have upset you.Perhaps it may be better if you changed your picture as you look very like some friend of Fidel Castoro and this does not a give out a good sign.I find it strange that you asked the forum members regarding the best way of coming from Tenerife Sur to your destination,and in another post you stated that you had spent £600 on advertising tee shirts etc .I would now hope that you will perhaps let members of the forum see what you are advertising whilst on your time in Tenerife.I hope you have a good time on the island,regards.

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 22:32
How can I take a question back Le Frunk? I asked it and you answered it!
I also said I don't believe in vigilantes or local community taking action, after all I live in 2012 not 1930's Alabama

Carpenter , i will say this to you , Has it ever came to your door (violence i mean ), i hope not , but please dont judge people whos door it has came to and then acted as they did because the police couldnt do anything as their hands where tied . As i said im not a violent person but a straight forward one and believe that people have the right to live in peace with no fear

carpenter
14-06-2012, 22:33
And as a fact , a joyrider was caught in an estate in Belfast , the local community nailed him to a fence , he didnt steal cars again , fact , so thats why i said in my first post about a nail gun .

Maybe he just got better at it! He probably hot wired the cars with his new metal attachments.

Carpenter , i will say this to you , Has it ever came to your door (violence i mean ), i hope not , but please dont judge people whos door it has came to and then acted as they did because the police couldnt do anything as their hands where tied . As i said im not a violent person but a straight forward one and believe that people have the right to live in peace with no fear

You will never know about that Mr Frunk but just because you live in Beirut doesn't give you the right to start arming pensioners with nail guns who live on the the Golf

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 22:46
LeFrunk,my most humble apologies if I have upset you.Perhaps it may be better if you changed your picture as you look very like some friend of Fidel Castoro and this does not a give out a good sign.I find it strange that you asked the forum members regarding the best way of coming from Tenerife Sur to your destination,and in another post you stated that you had spent £600 on advertising tee shirts etc .I would now hope that you will perhaps let members of the forum see what you are advertising whilst on your time in Tenerife.I hope you have a good time on the island,regards.

Lapalma no apologies needed after all this is a very democratic forum and all members can have their say , im not sure about your question (comming from Tenerife sur to your destination)
regarding the t-shirts , the original question was " do you spend money to advertise while theres a recession" to which i replied yes , t-shirts with my company logo on the back and new signs on the sides of the vans , i do not advertise in Tenerife and i have never had a bad time in Tenerife all these 25yrs , and dont intend to . I hope that has answered your questions , regards the picture , its only a picture , if anyone would like me to change it or it causes offence to anyone here on the fourm i will change it right away .

Maybe he just got better at it! He probably hot wired the cars with his new metal attachments.

You will never know about that Mr Frunk but just because you live in Beirut doesn't give you the right to start arming pensioners with nail guns who live on the the Golf

Now that made me laugh , expat pensioners heading down to Veronicas with nail guns in their handbags , your right , bad idea.

seanocelt
15-06-2012, 03:17
The t shirt is fine. Some folks take themselves far too feckin seriously on forums.

Jenny10
16-06-2012, 22:22
Sorry to hear about your robbery - its bad enough it happening when you're out, but for them to come onto the property when you are there is seriously scary. We were robbed recently while we were out (posted on here 2 weeks ago), but they came back when we were in a week later - possibly thinking we would have replaced what they had taken the first time! It was the second visit that really spooked us, and for a while we locked the house up just to go for a shower! We have made the place more secure, so they shouldn't be able to access it quite so easily now, and have an alarm system that we set at night. Regarding the comments following the original posting, it is difficult to know what your reaction would be until it actually happens (I shouted at them!), but the first thought should be for personal safety, even though its very tempting to want to beat the **** out of them!!

Ian_N
17-06-2012, 00:06
To post a proper reply as most threads seem to go on to something else these days and not stay on topic and thats why i dont post but do know a bit about the robberies. The day after the Augusta park one a very older woman was robbed outside price rite golf del sur so they are doing both golfs as easy access. They seem to be using or one of the gangs going around in a black fiesta, clio type vehicle as this has been seen. When the police arrested the culprit or one of them on the Amarilla golf the license plate of that particular car was taken. I believe if you go into pebble beach community office they will tell you the plate. Regards all

princessmonika
17-06-2012, 07:49
yes it was a small black car , but a bit too far to see what type -- but it looks the same people did the job --

dede
17-06-2012, 07:51
If anyone get the reg number they should post it on here...

minimatch
17-06-2012, 12:57
This was my appartment that was entered by a thief and no nothing was taken materially because I disturbed him before he had a chance but it has taken something from me I am now paranoid about doors and windows and it has now cost me a lot of money to have extra security. I never want to walk into my home and see a strange man in there again. You don,t know what its like until it happens to you

karinagal
17-06-2012, 13:21
This was my appartment that was entered by a thief and no nothing was taken materially because I disturbed him before he had a chance but it has taken something from me I am now paranoid about doors and windows and it has now cost me a lot of money to have extra security. I never want to walk into my home and see a strange man in there again. You don,t know what its like until it happens to you

That's very true - I'm just so relieved that he didn't physically harm you in making his escape. My niece and her mum surprised a thief in their home in Glasgow several years ago. My niece ended up having to go for counselling as she was so traumatised by the event. It must be very unsettling finding someone in your home, and not feeling safe must be extremely hard to deal with.

Margaretta
17-06-2012, 13:44
Horrible to hear about the burglaries and attempted burglaries, very sorry for those who started the thread and any others who have suffered and wishing there were more punishment for the transgressors. Sadly this type of thing may be accelerated by the current economic climate.
No-one knows how they will react to an intruder unless they are trained in self-defence. I once picked up a kitchen knife, threw open the back door and yelled at a poor neighbour crossing our garden to mend a fence. He and hubby hadn't told me it was arranged and I saw his shadow pass through frosted glass. Anyone who knows me knows that any kind of physical violence is not in my character at all but defending property brought out that flaw. Others may freeze in fear. The situation is horrid and burglars should know that they are taking a foolish risk.

princessmonika
17-06-2012, 14:41
well my water meter is on my back balcony, so one morning , curtains open but still in bed on my laptop, a man jumped onto my back terrace
i got such a fright, he opened the meter door and red the water meter . well nobody told me.. i always thought they come to the front door to ask to read the meter-- anyway , now i know, but still not too happy about it:grrrr:

chifleta
17-06-2012, 15:30
well my water meter is on my back balcony, so one morning , curtains open but still in bed on my laptop, a man jumped onto my back terrace
i got such a fright, he opened the meter door and red the water meter . well nobody told me.. i always thought they come to the front door to ask to read the meter-- anyway , now i know, but still not too happy about it:grrrr:

excuse my French....... but WTF? ........ I would put in a complaint to the water company, that's ridiculous.... or a handy bucket of dirty mop water ....

marbro8
17-06-2012, 15:38
Horrible to hear about the burglaries and attempted burglaries, very sorry for those who started the thread and any others who have suffered and wishing there were more punishment for the transgressors. Sadly this type of thing may be accelerated by the current economic climate.
No-one knows how they will react to an intruder unless they are trained in self-defence. I once picked up a kitchen knife, threw open the back door and yelled at a poor neighbour crossing our garden to mend a fence. He and hubby hadn't told me it was arranged and I saw his shadow pass through frosted glass. Anyone who knows me knows that any kind of physical violence is not in my character at all but defending property brought out that flaw. Others may freeze in fear. The situation is horrid and burglars should know that they are taking a foolish risk.on the 4th attempted burglary at our property here in the uk i heard them jemmy the kitchen window, i got out of bed and banged on the window then ran downstairs and chased after them in my underpants, there were 3 of them, and to add insult to injury i had that morning had a £1500 cctv system installed and we had already had the house alarm installed a couple of years earlier:mad:

princessmonika
17-06-2012, 15:42
yes bucket of dirty water would be good--

grumps
17-06-2012, 15:47
so one morning , curtains open but still in bed on my laptop, a man jumped onto my back terrace ...

OOOHH ERRR MRS...:D:D:wink2:

Sorry couldn`t resist..:ashamed:

princessmonika
17-06-2012, 16:31
sorry , but my laptop is my best friend every morning i was going to say with my laptop :):cheeky:

princessmonika
20-06-2012, 07:25
sadly have to report , yesterday at 7.30pm when out walking -- 2 spanish men in there 20s try to break in to my bungalow on augusta park-- only for my friend next door who heard the noise -- they damaged my front door and big window, but thank god they could not get in-- so again be very carefull -- the night before someone rang my doorbell at 10 pm -- i think they where the same people who tried to get in-- the police was here and drove around all evening-- and also plain clothes police-- thats the times we are living in right now-- so sad--

dede
20-06-2012, 07:40
I think these are the two that I saw last night around 6.30, they were looking into the villas opposite augusta park and i came out and looked at them, they came up to me and asked for instructions how to get to golf del sur, i felt very suspicious so had a good look at them, i would know them again if i seen them , they were two Moroccans in a metalic blue car.

Tom & Sharon
20-06-2012, 09:26
Monika that's terrible, I hope you're OK. Don't let it make you frightened to go out!

In a community the size of yours, is it not possible to employ a night watchman? It wouldn't cost much between you.

We have one here, he arrives every day at 4pm and leaves at 7.30 am when the maintenance man arrives. He is here 24/7 over the weekend. He is worth his weight in gold, and I am sure if it weren't for him we would be, as a community, experiencing burglaries all the time. He is absolutely excellent and walks around checking all night.

It shouldn't be necessary I know, but you have to be realistic, and if it means you can sleep easily in your bed, or have a worry free evening when out, it's worth every penny of the extra community charge. Maybe have a word with your president?

Jenny10
20-06-2012, 12:45
I think these are the two that I saw last night around 6.30, they were looking into the villas opposite augusta park and i came out and looked at them, they came up to me and asked for instructiohttp://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gifns how to get to golf del sur, i felt very suspicious so had a good look at them, i would know them again if i seen them , they were two Moroccans in a metalic blue car.

How would we stand legally if we took photos, poss on a mobile phone, of 'suspicious-looking' people, or anyone who accessed our property?:dontknow:

carpenter
20-06-2012, 13:04
How would we stand legally if we took photos, poss on a mobile phone, of 'suspicious-looking' people, or anyone who accessed our property?:dontknow:

If it's the same as the UK then you couldn't publish them without their consent (data protection act 1998) if they're not on your property just acting suspiciously then there is nothing stopping you from taking a picture of them from a distance you can always say that you were taking a pic of the view or similar.
If they are aware of you taking a pic then it's possible they may get funny or realize that they've been made so the latter would be a good thing. Any pic taken on your property of someone that shouldn't be there is admissible evidence but only from the old film type cameras or CCTV.

I Think SO ANYWAY

chifleta
20-06-2012, 17:31
sadly have to report , yesterday at 7.30pm when out walking -- 2 spanish men in there 20s try to break in to my bungalow on augusta park-- only for my friend next door who heard the noise -- they damaged my front door and big window, but thank god they could not get in-- so again be very carefull -- the night before someone rang my doorbell at 10 pm -- i think they where the same people who tried to get in-- the police was here and drove around all evening-- and also plain clothes police-- thats the times we are living in right now-- so sad--

sorry to hear that, glad they didn't get in though.... I was just talking to OH about it all the other day, we're on a 2nd floor, prolly quite difficult to get up to balcony, but you never know, sometimes you can't even trust your neighbours, of if their security is worse than yours, someone could break into theirs and jump over onto our balcony hmmmmm ....... those with garden walls to climb over, did you know that certain Bouganvilia plants have HUGE nasty spikes on their branches?

marbro8
20-06-2012, 17:42
can you buy burglar alarms in tenerife? or fit cameras even if they are dummy's at least it would be a deterrent, they are more likely to burgle without these than someone with :)

carpenter
20-06-2012, 18:14
Can I offer my services to Augusta Park community as a night security guard?
I will work alone and have with me my doberman as company (not as a weapon)
I am local and have many years experience.
I do not like to see people live in fear so I would like to help

Jenny10
20-06-2012, 18:48
can you buy burglar alarms in tenerife? or fit cameras even if they are dummy's at least it would be a deterrent, they are more likely to burgle without these than someone with :)

Hi, Marbro 8. We have seen security systems in a shop at Grand Sur, Top floor in the corner. We thought they were a bit costly though, so it could be possible to get them elsewhere on the island. We bought ours through e-bay, a good system that didn't break the bank! Had it delivered to family who brought it out with them.

carpenter
20-06-2012, 18:57
Hi, Marbro 8. We have seen security systems in a shop at Grand Sur, Top floor in the corner. We thought they were a bit costly though, so it could be possible to get them elsewhere on the island. We bought ours through e-bay, a good system that didn't break the bank! Had it delivered to family who brought it out with them.

Leroy Merlins have a good selection both dummy cameras and DIY CCTV but the problem is that dummy cams look like dummy cams and you have to record the cctv somewhere and then that is a target for the robbers. Also something to think about are security lights they are simple and effective.

karinagal
20-06-2012, 21:00
My Dad lives on his own in Glasgow - he is 86 this year. He has decided that he wants one of those devices that picks up movement and plays the sound of a dog barking... I've just had it delivered to my house this morning and will take it to him on Friday.. I'm looking forward to the deluge of complaints I'll get from his neighbours when this 'dog' spends half the night barking and the old fella is fast asleep in his bed blissfully unaware coz he's taken his hearing aid out...

I suppose something like this would only be of any use to residents living there all year round? If anyone thinks that they're a good idea, I can post links to the one I got on eBay?

Karina

princessmonika
20-06-2012, 21:15
yes you can bring one for me --good idea woof woof:doggy:

karinagal
20-06-2012, 21:25
Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BARKING-DOG-ALARM-HOME-SECURITY-SAFETY-PORCH-SHED-GARAGE-RRP-49?item=190669021133&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D52090966691134550#ht_1177w t_922

YOUNG GOLFER
20-06-2012, 21:46
Sorry to hear others are having problems please stay safe...... i do like carpenters idea could help him out aswell.....sorry Sharon and Tom but your Guard seems to work way to many hours ........you sure your right 14.5 hours a day 101.5 hrs a week.

minimatch
20-06-2012, 22:22
Krypilis hypermedia ( or however its spelt) next door to afortunadas about 360/400 euro

Tom & Sharon
20-06-2012, 22:55
Sorry to hear others are having problems please stay safe...... i do like carpenters idea could help him out aswell.....sorry Sharon and Tom but your Guard seems to work way to many hours ........you sure your right 14.5 hours a day 101.5 hrs a week.

Yes Stuart, I can add up. That's definitely how many hours he works! He is our Guardian Angel.

Not only that, he picks you up off rough ground, carries you to the road and calls an ambulance when you fall and break your leg on the way home from the bar on a Saturday night! rolleyes2:

I hope we have him for always!

dede
21-06-2012, 07:31
Monika thank you for contacting me, I really do think there has to be a neighbourhood watch set up and I will arrange a meeting with whoever wants to be involved very soon, something has to be done, nobody should have to live in fear in their own home.

BoPeep
21-06-2012, 09:02
I think a night watchman is a very good idea but at 100 odd hours a week it will cost a lot if you are in a smaller community and, of course, you could never actually have him as an 'employee' with the strict laws in Tenerife in case you get to a point when you want to sack him!

jack oakley
21-06-2012, 09:55
In truth the San Miguel Council should be allocating more police patrols to the Amarilla, the rates have increased vastly in the past few years since the new infrastructure was completed (at no cost to the council). They of course won't but there are enough communities on the Amarilla for the 'Mancommunidad' (all the communities) to collectively contract a GOOD mobile dog assisted security company employed on a provisional basis (3months). If robberies go down keep them on, if they don't then don't renew the contract, it's worth a try. The fact is there have always been robberies since **** Turpin was in his hey-day and you have to do your best to protect yourself and secure your property to the maximum, a good camera system could help both in susceptable community areas and personal cams on your balconies with visible signs showing that you have them, opportunist thieves will not come onto a balcony if he/she knows their images have been recorded. We should not have to go to these measures but we are living in quite desparate times and desparate measures are needed. Jump on your long term community debtors, if they paid their dues security could be affordable, if they continue to evade they are as bad as the common thieves because they are taking money out of your pocket to enjoy what you pay for for free. Jack.O

Tom & Sharon
21-06-2012, 10:54
I think a night watchman is a very good idea but at 100 odd hours a week it will cost a lot if you are in a smaller community and, of course, you could never actually have him as an 'employee' with the strict laws in Tenerife in case you get to a point when you want to sack him!

There must be 100 units on Augusta Park. D'you know how many there are Monika?

!00 units - 100 hrs = 1hr's wages, per week, per unit.

Well worth it in my book!

carpenter
21-06-2012, 11:00

Firstly I think that 100 hours a week is totally unreasonable and you cannot stay vigilant for that amount of time IMHO.
By what Princess Monika has said the last attempt was very early evening approx 19.30 so working one shift 22.00 hrs to 06.00 wouldn't really but much use either.
If a security guard has fixed working hours then it would be easy for an intruder to time his robbery outside of these times. Maybe the answer would be for the guard to work the same 8 - 10 hours per night but to change the start/finish times slightly on a regular basis.
To employ an autonomo guard would not be a problem for the community as then the strict employment laws wouldn't count and his/her employment can be terminated at anytime.

There must be 100 units on Augusta Park. D'you know how many there are Monika?

!00 units - 100 hrs = 1hr's wages, per week, per unit.

Well worth it in my book!

well said, I totally agree

princessmonika
21-06-2012, 12:03
hi sharon i think a 128 20% spanish the rest british and others i am getting gates put up this next week -- the assessor from my insurance was here , i need new patio doors they bent them trying to get them out of the rails, but because i have locks which go right through the 2 doors , they forced them but could not open them , but next door has being robed as well, i spent yesterday the whole day from 10.15 am until 3.30pm with margaret and my friend sue in the police station in granadilla -- hope having gates up--- people are desperate now because no more dole after 3 month-- but those people who where robbing in blue small metallic car it is good to take some plate numbers anyway i hope they will not come back here for a while-- the police told us they will increase the patrol in golf del sur and amarilla, because in augusta park now 3 houses have being done 2 attemted robberys --but in one house they took everything - even food out of freezer and kitchen presses --- sorry if my spelling is not good--

carpenter
21-06-2012, 12:06
your spelling is better than my punctuation. Also presses only make sense to the Emerald Isle everyone else call them kitchen cupboards :thanx: by the way

princessmonika
21-06-2012, 12:17
thanks carpenter just did it, but when i am gone there is someone here , but thank you monika

BoPeep
21-06-2012, 14:40
In truth the San Miguel Council should be allocating more police patrols to the Amarilla, the rates have increased vastly in the past few years since the new infrastructure was completed (at no cost to the council). They of course won't but there are enough communities on the Amarilla for the 'Mancommunidad' (all the communities) to collectively contract a GOOD mobile dog assisted security company employed on a provisional basis (3months). If robberies go down keep them on, if they don't then don't renew the contract, it's worth a try. The fact is there have always been robberies since **** Turpin was in his hey-day and you have to do your best to protect yourself and secure your property to the maximum, a good camera system could help both in susceptable community areas and personal cams on your balconies with visible signs showing that you have them, opportunist thieves will not come onto a balcony if he/she knows their images have been recorded. We should not have to go to these measures but we are living in quite desparate times and desparate measures are needed. Jump on your long term community debtors, if they paid their dues security could be affordable, if they continue to evade they are as bad as the common thieves because they are taking money out of your pocket to enjoy what you pay for for free. Jack.O

I'm afraid Amarilla haven't had an up and running Mancommunidad for about 5 years now. Most areas have their own community with a president and thats it.

princessmonika
21-06-2012, 16:06
well the president is not parading all day and night around the apartments--to look for robbers --

jack oakley
21-06-2012, 17:04
I'm afraid Amarilla haven't had an up and running Mancommunidad for about 5 years now. Most areas have their own community with a president and thats it.

I did know that BoPeep but there are instances where all community presidents should converse, i believe that the increase in theft on the Amarilla needs addressing and discussing urgently and is in the interest of all residents (villas included) as it will get worse unless something is done. No-one wants to see an increase in community fee's at this difficult time but if the robberies or attempted robberies continue on what appears to be a daily basis the insurance premiums on the Amarilla will soar. It may be more cost effective if all residents on the Amarilla were to contribute toward a proffessional security company. Twas just a suggestion..

princessmonika
22-06-2012, 08:01
another robbery in la quinta heights amarilla golf yesterday afternoon--

candy2411
22-06-2012, 10:25
sorry to hear of another robbery.....not sure what the answer is accept have more security patrolling the area I guess

The golf is such a big area though....would it be feasible to have security road blocks as these thieves obviously need a vehicle to get about

curlytop
22-06-2012, 11:42
There's been another one on Pinehurst! A friend's cousin popped into her bathroom and when she came out someone had walked in and taken her handbag. DO NOT LEAVE ANY DOORS OR WINDOWS OPEN EVEN IF YOU LEAVE A ROOM FOR A MINUTE.

candy2411
22-06-2012, 11:56
Is this problem escalating or is it just that people are reporting more?

I lock my doors when upstairs even in UK. Sad I know but its a sign of the times we live in. I don't have a dog myself , but my neighbours do and barks whenever anyone, person or vehicle enters my cul-de-sac.One time this would have been considered a nuisance, but nowadays I think its great and strangely gives re-assurance acting as an early warning system.

Not sure the postman would agree though!

princessmonika
22-06-2012, 16:22
the whole idea is , when you live in tenerife you like to have the window and door open for the wind to go through the house to cool -- but now i am getting metal security gates, so i can lock the gates , but leave the windows and doors open-- feels like prison, but it is safe-- getting mine installed tuesday-- yes robberies will be more and more , because times are bad for a lot of people- that is not an excuse to steal- but there you go:sunshine:

candy2411
22-06-2012, 20:37
totally agree, I've had these metal security gates on my window and door of my apartment in Silencio for a number of years now. Yes, it does sometimes feel like a prison, but at least I can sleep or sunbathe on the inside or upstairs patio with the knowledge no-one can enter unexpectedly, and still have the benefit of leaving door and windows open........unfortunately the odd cockroach still has the audacity to come inside, and next door's cat! but I can live with that.....

princessmonika
22-06-2012, 20:58
well i have moscitos nets fitted on all my window and doors -- so no problem :sunburn:

candy2411
22-06-2012, 22:10
not a bad idea that p.monika, think I hate mosquitos even more than cockroaches, that dreaded high pitched zing in the ear is enough to turn me into a 'mad ' woman......
:mad:
sorry, going off topic!

Su1
23-06-2012, 13:25
We did the same, had security grills fitted. We had an attempted breakin a couple of years ago despite recently having new double glazed terrace/balcony doors. Fitting the grills was the best thing we did. They are great because you can leave the door/window open and let the air in. We still however lock the grill when we go upstairs because we back onto the golf course so its an easy escape route!
When we were over in April there was a police block outside the golf club house. They looked in the car.....we later heard there had been a robbery on La Quinta .
Trouble with trying to police the place you cannot be everywhere all of the time. Pebble beach have fitted more security lighting which seems to have helped but of a night there are still lots of places the ***s can duck behind whilst security passes by! We thought things had improved greatly....perhaps the ***s think that there are more holiday makers around now as opposed to swallows and are easier pickings, plus of course the weather is warmer!
Where ever you live there will be opportunists trying to get something for nothing...a sign of the times unfortunately. You just have to be vigilant and use common sense...should not spoil anyone's holiday or life if a few sensible precautions are undertaken.
I won't let the ***s spoil my times in Tenerife or Amarilla Golf!

carpenter
23-06-2012, 13:35
sorry to hear of another robbery.....not sure what the answer is accept have more security patrolling the area I guess

The golf is such a big area though....would it be feasible to have security road blocks as these thieves obviously need a vehicle to get about

Sadly even if that were possible there are the cross country routes to Silencio or Los Abrigos that cannot be covered by road blocks, imagine what road blocks would do to property prices!
I believe that security patrols are the only option.

karinagal
23-06-2012, 13:36
Sadly even if that were possible there are the cross country routes to Silencio or Los Abrigos that cannot be covered by road blocks, imagine what road blocks would do to property prices!
I believe that security patrols are the only option.

I think you might be right. Has anyone mentioned setting up some sort of neighbourhood watch?

carpenter
23-06-2012, 13:48
I think you might be right. Has anyone mentioned setting up some sort of neighbourhood watch?

I don't think neighbourhood watch would be effective immediately, long term yes but there must be police cooperation and education.
A private security company or individuals would be an instant success I feel.

As well as installing security gates make sure all bushes and shrubs are cut back to eliminate hiding places and make sure your house number is clearly visible from the road, because in an emergency the police could waste valuable time searching for your address

TIS
23-06-2012, 15:03
silenced by a nice piece of steak!

carpenter
23-06-2012, 15:05
silenced by a nice piece of steak!

Who? you? the dog?

marbro8
23-06-2012, 23:13
:confused::confused:

silenced by a nice piece of steak!:confused:

princessmonika
11-07-2012, 08:57
have to report an other robbery on augusta park -- a lady in her 80s has being robbed -- it is very frightening -- it seems the police are not catching anybody -- so sad , just a matter of time, before someone gets hurt--

curlytop
11-07-2012, 11:58
People make me so sick, and It seems so much worse when older people like this are the victims! The police aren't interested in assisting foreigners. The only interest they have in us is to stop you in your car and fine you for either wearing flip flops, driving without lights when there is a cloud in the sky or trying to convict you of a crime you didn't commit! As long as they get some black money in their pockets then ignorance is bliss as far as they're concerned!

candy2411
11-07-2012, 15:30
have to report an other robbery on augusta park -- a lady in her 80s has being robbed -- it is very frightening -- it seems the police are not catching anybody -- so sad , just a matter of time, before someone gets hurt--

sorry to hear this, hope the lady is ok, I'm sure she's very shaken up at the very least

princessmonika
12-07-2012, 07:24
well she seems ok-- the robberies are getting more and more = for a single women it is very frightening -- unless you make your house like a prison-- but is that living the dream-- i do not think - times are bad everywhere-but when it hits you personally thats a different story-police are not doing there job. --:grrrr: they must know who they are==

cath.wilson
15-07-2012, 12:04
My nephew and his 2 friends were followed by to black men early hours of thursday morning while walking back from San Blas. They arrived to the apartment on Libra and went to bed. 5 Mins later the front door was kicked in. My nephew jumped out of bed and went to the door. by the time he got there the 2 black men were running down the road. Nothing was taken but the boys were very shook up. Police came and we had to go to Granadilla to get a Denuncia.

princessmonika
16-07-2012, 07:27
jesus it is getting worse-- not save in your bed-- i know it happens anywhere else as well-- but on the golf it is becoming a daly thing--

curlytop
16-07-2012, 09:58
I had an email the other day regarding the guys who were followed home from San Blas. It contained a copy of a letter which was sent via ye aulde curtain twitching president of Libra. The email and letter contained no mention of anything about the fact that the guys were out until the early hours and were followed home - It simply stated that they were in bed when this happened. It's quite clear that there was some kind of problem between these guys. It doesn't make it any less serious, but for me it means that they weren't burglars and I can sleep safely without worrying that my door is going to be kicked in for no apparent reason.
Many thanks to Mr.President for scaring people (especially single women) to death - a slightly more diplomatic approach to your warning would have been more appropriate.
Well done Cath for providing the full picture, and I hope your nephew and his friends recover from this nasty incident and manage to settle here.

dede
22-07-2012, 13:21
Well it looks like the robbers have moved to fairway village now!!! but let me tell you that those who think that the police dont do anything you are wrong, I gave a full description of two of the robbers that were on amarilla golf and I cant go into too much detail on here but they have been caught and are now in Alicante awaiting trial, all the stuff has been collected by the police that was stolen and most has been identified by the rightful owners but im told cant be returned until after the trial. Yesterday holiday makers came back to their villa on fairway village to find that they had been robbed, the police are acting very quickly and are taking statements off people who think they may have seen them. So some think the police dont do enough but behind the scenes they are definitely doing their job in my opinion.

carpenter
22-07-2012, 14:45
Well it looks like the robbers have moved to fairway village now!!! but let me tell you that those who think that the police dont do anything you are wrong, I gave a full description of two of the robbers that were on amarilla golf and I cant go into too much detail on here but they have been caught and are now in Alicante awaiting trial, all the stuff has been collected by the police that was stolen and most has been identified by the rightful owners but im told cant be returned until after the trial. Yesterday holiday makers came back to their villa on fairway village to find that they had been robbed, the police are acting very quickly and are taking statements off people who think they may have seen them. So some think the police dont do enough but behind the scenes they are definitely doing their job in my opinion.

Can somebody please clear something up for me, I just realised some conflicting stories so I went back over the thread.

In post #1 A black man was spotted on the Balcony in Augusta Park
Post #46 The occupants of a black Fiesta or Clio arrested in connection with a robbery on the Golf
Post #58 2 Spanish men breaking in to Augusta Park
Post #59 This time 2 Moroccans and a blue car
Post #104 2 Black men

Who has been arrested? Either this is a big gang targeting the Golf areas or many different people operating independently so arresting one culprit perhaps two is a good start but a drop in the ocean nevertheless.

dede
22-07-2012, 18:59
I can only answer post 59 but i have to say that the two men i identified in the blue car were not Moroccans but in fact they were spanish. They actually spoke to me thats how i got a good description.

Having said that post 58 were the same guys.

carpenter
22-07-2012, 19:12
I can only answer post 59 but i have to say that the two men i identified in the blue car were not Moroccans but in fact they were spanish. They actually spoke to me thats how i got a good description.

Having said that post 58 were the same guys.

Thanks for that. So the Moroccans are out of the frame but there is still cause for concern regarding the Black man that was spotted on Monika's balcony and the slightly unrelated fracas when a door got kicked down by two black men.

This leads me to believe that it was the Spanish men that have been identified and arrested in Alicante. :eyebrows:

curlytop
22-07-2012, 23:04
Can somebody please clear something up for me, I just realised some conflicting stories so I went back over the thread.

In post #1 A black man was spotted on the Balcony in Augusta Park
Post #46 The occupants of a black Fiesta or Clio arrested in connection with a robbery on the Golf
Post #58 2 Spanish men breaking in to Augusta Park
Post #59 This time 2 Moroccans and a blue car
Post #104 2 Black men

Who has been arrested? Either this is a big gang targeting the Golf areas or many different people operating independently so arresting one culprit perhaps two is a good start but a drop in the ocean nevertheless.

I'm never going out again unless I have Police protection :eyebrows:

viv
23-07-2012, 18:15
There has been a lot of this on the Golf/Amerila this last year or so.. :0( there has even been pick pockets at two of the bus stops on the Golf.. We are told the people are Romanian!! they work in three or four's and distract or push up against the person as they are getting on the bus!! The bus stops are the one outside the Golf Plaza Hotel and to other across from the Farmacia... An apartment belonging to a couple where we live was also broken into... Police came, again i don't think anything happened... it'll probably be like the Uk where all the Police can do is hope they catch them and then all the criminal activity is lumped together with them being charged for the highest charged crime then the others are TIC (taken into consideration). Our Complex is now a gated and locked complex! but many I know can't be.. having said that vistors so to speak insist on leaving the gates unlocked!!