PDA

View Full Version : Conned into flying with Vueling

doncarlos
12-06-2012, 18:45
Little did I know that when someone booked a flight for me to Barcelona, it was with Vueling. Even though the flight had an Iberia flight number, and I thought I was flying with Iberia, it wasn’t until I attempted to check-in at the Iberia desk that I realised that something wasn’t quite right. I suppose that I should have known that something was wrong when I couldn’t do the on-line check-in with IB. So I knew the plane was an Airbus 320, so I asked for an aisle seat near the front. I got 6D and thought quids in – more leg room. Well not so, if you want more leg room you have to pay for it; some Duo or XL tariff thing. This is becoming a very familiar story with these airlines. To add insult to injury Vueling are not affiliated with Binter so they couldn’t check me in to my final destination on the return leg. Anyway I’ve now added Vueling to my list of “Companies.I.don’t.fly.with.com”; that will keep Michael O'Leary’s company company.

Moral of the story – always check with the airline and don’t rely on the flight number especially with airlines that have those “codeshare” things (or always book your own flights).

Harmonicaman
12-06-2012, 19:11
One time the ice cream man sold me a 99 and I wanted an oyster...

caveat emptor...

TOTO 99
12-06-2012, 19:22
One time the ice cream man sold me a 99 and I wanted an oyster...

caveat emptor...

Did you get crushed nuts? :lol:

doncarlos
12-06-2012, 19:27
Did you get crushed nuts? :lol:

I was actually going to take a picture but there wasn’t enough room to get the iPhone out on the plane.

karinagal
12-06-2012, 21:00
I was actually going to take a picture but there wasn’t enough room to get the iPhone out on the plane.

Ooeerr missus!! Not sure we could handle a pic of crushed nuts....! :D

The undisputed queen of de-nial

lancslad
12-06-2012, 21:27
I had crushed nuts once....luckily I recovered....or I would av needed to add a "Y" to my user name.OUCH

Madre
13-06-2012, 18:25
Conned and crushed nuts , it would of been x rated if he also got is 1phone out !:nono: lol