PDA

View Full Version : How do I register with a Social doctor after getting a job in Tenerife?

julia44
13-06-2012, 16:02
I have just got a job with a contract and I was wondering if anyone knew what happens next with
regards to the doctor. Do I get a card through the post or do I get a letter through the post to take
to Granadilla, I have had a text message from TGSS but that was on the 02/05/12.

nicki
13-06-2012, 16:22
hi, now you take a copy of your contract , your residencia and the letter for granadilla. You go up there ,get listed and they will tell you where you can go to doctor. Then with the papers you get from Granadilla you go to medical center of which they gave you adress, get listed there , and sorted

julia44
13-06-2012, 16:32
Thanks very much Nicki, I will do that the minute I have my renewal residencia waiting for the the police to start issuing them again.

Goldenmaniac
14-06-2012, 07:50
Is Granadilla your nearest docs? If not you go to your nearest National health medical centre your details say Guia de Isora so it will be there. Take your Passport and Residencia and an up to date certificate of empadronamiento (with at least 3 months life on it) available from your town hall (again in Guia) and also your contract or show the receptionist your phone message from the Social Security. You will be registered with the doctor and then given a paper with a bar code which is your temporary health card until the plastic one turns up in the post. Granadilla Social security is for registering dependants or overseas matter, pensioners ets, if you are a worker you go straight to your Doc's receptionist - as you rightly say you will have to wait for your residencia, but don't panic because you are entitled to emergency care in any of the 24h centres if needed - keep the note of your Social security number which starts with 38 handy just in case.

garlicbread
14-06-2012, 10:44
As usual great advice from our resident expert @goldenmaniac BUT she read your "details" wrong @julia44 so I have edited her post in red to show the correct places to go

Goldenmaniac
14-06-2012, 12:28
Well spotted GB - it was the other lass who was from Chayofa.. it's because I've gone blonde :)