PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Tenerife with Ryanair - anyone had experiences?

tmctavish
13-06-2012, 16:13
Hi, am flying with Ryanair and am worried - heard lots of horror stories....any extra charges or anything to watch out for?

junglejim
13-06-2012, 16:38
No-youŽll be fine ! - Welcome to Forum!
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4492-Tenerife-Forum-Ryanair-information-and-discussion-thread
Use the search facility at top RHS- type in Ryanair

macdonald5
13-06-2012, 16:54
Hi, am flying with Ryanair and am worried - heard lots of horror stories....any extra charges or anything to watch out for?

Yes you'll be ok,we used them a few times when Globespan went bust
As long as names are exactly same as passports,only one piece of hand luggage each, luggage weight not over etc you get what it says on the can!
Seats are quite comfy and prices for drinks and sandwiches no worse than most other airlines
Enjoy flight and holiday

MarionEd
13-06-2012, 17:02
Think you are possibly on my flight! PWK - TFS 1/7/12?

Make sure also that your hand luggage is within the dimensions, including the wheels and handles and no more than the 10 kg. Remember also that any ladies (or gents!) handbags need to fit into the one piece of handluggage each.

Rickiebear
13-06-2012, 19:26
Hi, we have used Ryanair a number of times, with no problems. The last time in November. Make sure you keep to your baggage and cubin bags limits, especially on your return flight.
We find the aircraft is clean, leaves and arrives on time. The crew are always friendly. Food and drink prices are the same as a high street coffee shop.

sandra
13-06-2012, 19:52
Just make sure that you weigh the suitcases before you check them in. Ryanair are really strict about weight

Hope you have a lovely holiday

Sandra xx

Susief
13-06-2012, 21:23
My hubby got stung yesterday for Ł50 at Liverpool by RA. His hand luggage was just over 10kg allowance!
They were weighing the hand luggage at the gate as people were boarding the plane!
So make sure you stick to the T&C on their website!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karinagal
13-06-2012, 21:34
If flying from Prestwick, please note that you are allowed to carry on a shopping bag from the duty free OR W H Smith OR the food outlets (or you can combine them into the one shopping bag) in addition to your cabin bag allowance. Also, there are signs on all the departure gates in Tenerife South saying that you are entitled to a bag of shopping in addition to your cabin bag BY LAW.....

If I can shrink the photo of the sign, I'll upload it...

The undisputed queen of de-nial

karinagal
13-06-2012, 21:34
There you go!!

Tom & Sharon
13-06-2012, 23:16
We fly back and to on Ryanair all the time. As a family, we probably fly about 30 times a year with them. As long as you stick to the rules you'll be fine. You'd be amazed at the sights you see at the airport (either end) of people who think they can get away with it. These are probably the people who tell the "horror stories".

DeedeeTipperary
13-06-2012, 23:35
We are also flying to Tenerife with Ryanair for the first time this summer so I am very interested in this thread :)

smigster
14-06-2012, 13:11
used them lots make sure you check everythink is spot on and you will be fine

Cas
14-06-2012, 22:12
I use them all the time and don't have a problem with them. Just make sure you follow their guidelines and you won't have any other extra charges to pay.

LeFrunk
14-06-2012, 23:08
Make sure you print out your BOARDING PASSES or they charge 40e per person to do for you , it happened to me years ago , once biten twice shy an all that , enjoy your time in Tenerife .

poker
15-06-2012, 03:44
Make sure you print out your BOARDING PASSES or they charge 40e per person to do for you , it happened to me years ago , once biten twice shy an all that , enjoy your time in Tenerife .

60 euro or pounds now!
Probably more due to crisis .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

barryk
16-06-2012, 14:19
Read and stick to the rules and everything will fine.

Be aware charges are steep if you do not.

Hand luggage only and priority boarding is the best way.

Remember empty cases can sometimes weigh between 3-5kgs. We use something called a skypack (off ebay/Amazon) it is a soft strong soft lightweight bag that is available in Ryanair sizes, only weighs about 500gms and you can get loads in it. Also something called CabinMax is similar

Barryk

tmctavish
16-06-2012, 14:32
read and stick to the rules and everything will fine.

Remember empty cases can sometimes weigh between 3-5kgs. We use something called a skypack (off ebay/amazon) it is a soft strong soft lightweight bag that is available in ryanair sizes, only weighs about 500gms and you can get loads in it. Also something called cabinmax is similar

barryk

thank you barry! :)

balababe
16-06-2012, 20:36
Read and stick to the rules and everything will fine.

Remember empty cases can sometimes weigh between 3-5kgs. We use something called a skypack (off ebay/Amazon) it is a soft strong soft lightweight bag that is available in Ryanair sizes, only weighs about 500gms and you can get loads in it. Also something called CabinMax is similar

Barryk

Barry is absolutely right. I prefer to travel with Ryanair, as their aeroplanes are all new - average of about 2 years. We travelled in a Monarch aeroplane that was 22 years old (I am very sad and check these things!) and we had a three hour delay because of a "technical fault". Which leads to another point, Ryanair are nearly always on time.

One point about CabinMax - if you get a backpack, take care that it is evenly packed, or it will not fit in the cage thing (I found this out the hard way, but managed to repack it.)

Sal
16-06-2012, 21:22
I was also worried when we first flew Ryanair last year, but as everyone else has said as long as you stick to the allowances it should all be fine.
We flew to Tenerife and Fuerteventura last year both with Ryanair and no problems.

Gethin O'keeffe
16-06-2012, 22:20
Hi
I'm flying with them on the 20th, do they make you put them in boxes to measure them

karinagal
16-06-2012, 22:24
Hi
I'm flying with them on the 20th, do they make you put them in boxes to measure them

Yes they do - they have a metal gauge that they use and sometimes they use a cardboard one. They look for,anything that's bulging so watch out for that. They're also very strict on the weight allowance so might be an idea to invest in some luggage scales..

kathml
16-06-2012, 23:10
As has been said before stick to the rules and theres nothing to fear

nigelmercier
17-06-2012, 00:13
also very strict on the weight allowance so might be an idea to invest in some luggage scales...

I always carry scales (like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIGITAL-LUGGAGE-SCALES-ELECTRONIC-PORTABLE-TRAVEL-50-KG-/180793668240?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&hash=item2a18247290#ht_4521wt_902)) after they charged a friend for excess baggage on her return trip, even though she was bringing back less than she took. In fact several people in the queue in front of her had to pay extra.

I believe their staff get a bonus if they can screw some extra cash out of the punters. It's bloody stupid anyway, how come the fat ******* in front of me doesn't have to pay more :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We use something called a skypack ...

Actually it's called a Skypak, made by Skyflite.

Rickiebear
17-06-2012, 05:31
Hi as others have said, keep to the rules and they are a good company to fly with. After weight is cost, and we all want a cheaper flight. We use a good set of bathroom scales, and keep to their cabin bagage size. After all things are cheap enough in Tenerife.
The discussion about heaver pasangers is a good one. Is this discrimination against over weight people? Should children be charged less? Should they charge for pushchairs or wheelchairs?

terrydunlea
28-06-2012, 19:46

Hi I have flown with Ryanair (RyanScare) many times , the main thing to remember is to comply with their very strict Luggage allowance conditions , if You do they are always invariably on-time and usually the cheapest Fares .

tfs1
29-06-2012, 16:26
... and if your hand luggage doesnt quite fit in the cardboard box insist you put it in the metal cage which will be at the gate, if it fits you should be ok, if not your case is too large and you suffer the consequences ! Be warned !

Had this recently when someones case didnt quite go in the box but with a push made it through the metal one and didnt have to pay any penalty.

Chris

barbaraB
29-06-2012, 17:59
Hi have flown with Ryanair lots of times. Always book online and make sure you print out your boarding card before you get to airport or they charge. I pay for a priority boarding (about 10 euros) miss the rush for seats. Not a bad airline during the many times flying with them NO PROBLEMS at all. barbaraB.