PDA

View Full Version : What's the Bus Service like in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

Parker
14-06-2012, 01:07
new here so .. HI :tiphat:.. couple of questions about the bus service if anyone can help me out please... where can i get a timetable? Is it reliable and safe to travel on at night? Would be nice to get away from the resorts and tourist traps for a while .. suggestions for nice places to visit via bus?? .. any suggestions would be fab .. Thanks :)

MarionEd
14-06-2012, 01:32
The buses are very reliable and safe. They are more like coaches than the buses we have in the UK. You can get a timetable from the bus station in Las Americas. I presume there is a place you get them in Los Christianos atthe station, which is an outdoors one on the side of the street. Someone else will be able to tell you I'm sure.

You can buy a Bono card in the station and in some newsagents and shops. You can buy a 12 or 30 euro Bono card. These give you much cheaper travel than just paying the fare. You can use one card for all the people you are travelling with.
When you enter the bus at the front you tell the driver where you are going and if it is for more than one person let the driver know. There is a machine you put the card in and if it is for more than one then put it in twice, 3 times, etc. The machine takes the amount off the card and prints a running total.

When you are near your stop, press the bell to let the driver know to stop at the next stop. Exit by the door in the middle of the bus, not the front door.

I'd recommend a nice trip up to Lis Gigantes, perhaps walking back from there to Playa de las Arena if you like walking. You can even the follow the coast on a road and paths down to Alcala, which is a lovely very Spanish town.

El Medano is another very Spanish town with lots of wind surfers a kite surfers to see when you walk along the boardwalk.

You'll quickly get the hang of taking the bus and enjoy your travels!

slodgedad
14-06-2012, 01:37
Buses here are brill.

On time, a fraction of the cost in the UK and cool and comfortable.

willowlily
14-06-2012, 07:38
i agree the buses services are second to non even from caletta to los cristianos every 10 mins at a cost of 1.35 cheaper with a bono card, taking only 30 mins at 8.30am-9am including a 5 min stop at the las americas bus station.
fantastic.
ps also timetable in english on website titsa.com

junglejim
14-06-2012, 11:53
www.titsa.com
Buses are reliable - many good trips using timetable - Icod de Los Vinos in NW is a good journey 90 mins for about€3 each way with Bonocard, you can bus round the whole Island in a day for about €16-Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz for shopping, locally Adeje, Arona , go up to Teide , just check the timetable and plan a route - you won´t be disappointed !
More info in link
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?186-Tenerife-Forum-Titsa-Bus-information-thread

smigster
14-06-2012, 13:06
you can get a timetable at bus station next to appollo center,busses are good and safe

Balcony
14-06-2012, 16:02
We use the buses all the time when we're out. One day I might remember to look at the timetable before we go to the bus stop!

Parker
15-06-2012, 02:10
Thanks all ..just the info i was looking for .. cant wait to go explore now :)