PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my user name?

samantha
14-06-2011, 10:04
Is it possible to change my username on the tenerife forum ?

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 13:37
Don't know - and would be handy to know

You'll need a mod to advise but they are busy putting me in off topic at the mo:p

mike in chayofa
14-06-2011, 14:09
Is it possible to change my username on the tenerife forum ?

It is possible, but you would need a good reason. Submit a 'helpdesk' ticket

samantha
14-06-2011, 15:24
It's just I don't like sammie, prefer Samantha (which wasn't available back in 2006). Bit lame really. :ashamed:

Jackie
14-06-2011, 15:31
Why didn't you register as Samantha when this forum was started???:lol::lol:

samantha
14-06-2011, 15:43
Why didn't you register as Samantha when this forum was started???:lol::lol:

Hindsight hey.

Madre
14-06-2011, 16:25
We can change most things ourselves so why not our user name why do we have to have a special reason ?

sunspot
14-06-2011, 16:45
I love the name Sammie,its my pet name for the other half..................:love:

mike in chayofa
14-06-2011, 17:24
We can change most things ourselves so why not our user name why do we have to have a special reason ?

Because I say so :poke: :lol:

A question was asked and I replied to it. With the greatest respect, there is no reason to question this ... but ...

If we change a member's username all their previous posts are listed under their new name.

That is OK, but if someone has replied and quoted a post from the previous username, the name in the quote will be different than what then appears earlier in the thread, so anyone looking for information or opinions finds it impossible to follow.

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 17:25
It is possible, but you would need a good reason. Submit a 'helpdesk' ticket
Would having no legs now count as a good reason ?

mike in chayofa
14-06-2011, 17:35
Would having no legs now count as a good reason ?

No :fryingpan:

Now behave for once :raspberry:

VideoMem
14-06-2011, 19:53
That is OK, but if someone has replied and quoted a post from the previous username, the name in the quote will be different than what then appears earlier in the thread, so anyone looking for information or opinions finds it impossible to follow.

But if a change is requested to be made, surely at this early stage in the forum, and as all previous posts are not counted for the majority is'nt this the best time for it to be done as long as the recipient acknowledges that all posts in the "New" forum may be lost ?

Madre
14-06-2011, 22:53
If we change a member's username all their previous posts are listed under their new name.

Thankyou for this answer now I know dont I!:p lol

KirstyJay
14-06-2011, 23:12
But if a change is requested to be made, surley at this early stage in the forum and as all previous posts are not counted for the majority is'nt this the best time for it to be done as long as the recipient acknowledges that all posts in the "New" forum may be lost ?As sammie has only made 8 posts, I've taken a quick look through them, and she's only been quoted once, so I've changed her name to the one she wanted. and edited that one post to reflect her new name. You're quite right, it's a lot easier to do it now than even a couple of days further down the line! :eek: :)

It's not something we make a regular occurrence of though, for the reasons that Mike mentioned, unless there are serious reasons, such as a stalker, or other nastiness, then generally the username you sign up with is the one you have FOREVER....! Mwahahahahahaha! :devil: :D

Andy0210
14-06-2011, 23:48
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.................. "SAMANTHA" :)

samantha
16-06-2011, 09:53
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

People were calling me Sammie in the REAL WORLD and it felt a bit wiered. Sounded a bit like a puppy or dubious female actress ;) No offense.