PDA

View Full Version : Other Prices in Tenerife

DaveRF
17-06-2012, 20:45
We went to Benidorm for the first time last month and I have to say I was really impressed. The place was really clean, The prices were amazingly cheap and the entertainment in the bars was excellent.

I know it's two years since we were in Tenerife but the prices in general seemed much cheaper than what we remembered in Tenerife. How can that be when Tenerife enjoys special taxation status compared to the mainland? Or have prices reduced since we left?

marbro8
17-06-2012, 20:53
We went to Benidorm for the first time last month and I have to say I was really impressed. The place was really clean, The prices were amazingly cheap and the entertainment in the bars was excellent.

I know it's two years since we were in Tenerife but the prices in general seemed much cheaper than what we remembered in Tenerife. How can that be when Tenerife enjoys special taxation status compared to the mainland? Or have prices reduced since we left?

depends on what you are refering to dave? you can still get a pint for 90c and depending where you eat you can get a good pub grub meal for 7 euros, 30 of my mates went to benidorm a few weeks ago and said it was cheap, everything was buy one get one free even in the hotel

DaveRF
17-06-2012, 21:01
Nearly all the bars were doing two for 1 on drinks all night. Two gin and tonics and two vodka and tonics(named brands not local) were usually €7 or €7.50. The hotel food was bad so we ate out most of the time. A decent breakfast was €3 or under and evening meals were really cheap too. A lot of cheap crap in a lot of shops that we wouldn't entertain but we bought a fair few bits of clothing as it was good value. Eventhough we weren't expecting to eat out we brought a lot of spending money back with us.