PDA

View Full Version : Vets Very Happy With Hospivet Sur

carpenter
18-06-2012, 12:52
My poor dog Raksha gobbled down one of those pigs trotters that you can buy from the pet shops on Friday early evening and we spent the weekend worried that she had something stuck in her throat as she couldn't keep anything down, she became constipated and then lost her appetite completely.

So this morning we took her to Hospivet in Las Chafiras, now I know this particular vets has had some mixed reviews but this is the second time I have used them the 1st was for a spay on Raksha which was the neatest operation it could possibly be and again I can not fault them.

She was taken through for several x ray's and it was found she didn't have a blockage but had a very inflamed throat, she was put on a drip given some anti inflammatory medicine and she is being kept in for two days for observation.

Through gritted teeth I asked how much all this was going to cost and I was presented with an estimate that was just less than €100 and she's over 20kgs,

Thank you Hospivet in particular Gustav

Tom & Sharon
18-06-2012, 13:13
My poor dog Raksha gobbled down one of those pigs trotters that you can buy from the pet shops on Friday early evening and we spent the weekend worried that she had something stuck in her throat as she couldn't keep anything down, she became constipated and then lost her appetite completely.

So this morning we took her to Hospivet in Las Chafiras, now I know this particular vets has had some mixed reviews but this is the second time I have used them the 1st was for a spay on Raksha which was the neatest operation it could possibly be and again I can not fault them.

She was taken through for several x ray's and it was found she didn't have a blockage but had a very inflamed throat, she was put on a drip given some anti inflammatory medicine and she is being kept in for two days for observation.

Through gritted teeth I asked how much all this was going to cost and I was presented with an estimate that was just less than €100 and she's over 20kgs,

Seconded. We think they're amazing!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Seconded. We think they're amazing!

SuzyQ
19-06-2012, 02:21
Gustav, the new vet is great. Irene is an angel on earth, Jorge is wonderful and Pedro never hassles us for money..... cant recommend them enough.

carpenter
19-06-2012, 10:53
I received a call from Gustav yesterday he had become more concerned with Raksha's behavior so he gave her another x ray this time showing a blockage in her esophagus near her heart.

He had already called El Madronal vets as Hospivet didn't have the necessary equipment to go down the throat and remove the blockage.

Again I cannot fault Hospivet's service and now my Raksha is currently in complicated surgery in Adeje where I hope she pulls through.

El Madronal also informed me that this is the second case in as many days where a dog had eaten a pigs trotter and got a piece stuck in their throat.