PDA

View Full Version : Health Spanish organ donation card

deepdivejunkie
18-06-2012, 20:50
Anyone who had a Donor Card in England and does not have a Spanish one, or to anyone who was thinking of donating their organs, there is a Spanish Organ Donation Card.
It can be obtained by going to
http://www.haztedonante.org
and clicking on "Contact" to ask for the application form which will be sent to you. Fill it in and return via freepost.

Pets@Home
18-06-2012, 22:30
Please do this, as the saying goes, "there for the grace of god go I".

Without out the kindness of stangers, I would never have had my 2 Kidney Transplants, in 1982
and 2000. I am alive because of these people, so please please

CARRY THE CARD

Last year in Tenerife 3500 transplants were done, 1500 of which were from live donors, Tenerife is the
excellence of Transplant Health in the Canaries, and this is the reason I live here ................

THANKYOU DEEPDIVEJUNKIE FOR THIS THREAD ...............

slodgedad
18-06-2012, 22:35
I have moved this thread to the health section and also made it sticky so it doesn't get lost in the chat.

Great thread..

timmylish
18-06-2012, 22:42
I really think that anyone in reasonable health should seriously consider becoming a donor. After all, when you,r gone all you have to do is to sleep and you certainly don,t need anything to do that!

deepdivejunkie
12-07-2012, 14:08
Received my Donor Card today. A white, yellow and blue 'credit card size' plastc card with my name, NIF and ref number on it. Sign on the back and way you go!

KirstyJay
12-07-2012, 14:45
I've just sent off for mine. Always had one in the UK, so why not here? :)

Suzanne
12-07-2012, 18:14
Thank you for this, my kids both know I want to donate anything that can be used and now I can get the card.

Missingthereef
12-07-2012, 19:50
Good to know about the Spanish card! This week there is a drive for organ donation in the UK. Like Suzanne, I am all for recycling any of my useable body parts, once I've finished with them. In fact I have attempted to make a living donation to my husband as his kidneys are failing. Unfortunately, although a fair match, my renal function isn't quite good enough to safely donate. A heartfelt Thanks to anyone considering signing the donor register.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Good to know about the Spanish card! This week there is a drive for organ donation in the UK. Like Suzanne, I am all for recycling any of my useable body parts, once I've finished with them. In fact I have attempted to make a living donation to my husband as his kidneys are failing. Unfortunately, although a fair match, my renal function isn't quite good enough to safely donate. A heartfelt Thanks to anyone considering signing the donor register.