PDA

View Full Version : Other Booking an hotel and flights for next year to Tenerife

grimbo
20-06-2012, 22:37
I will be booking my next years holiday in August and this year, rather than go through a travel agents I am going to buy the flights and hotel seperate.

What is the best way to do this? any trusted websites that I can use?

I will be going on holiday around 20th june next year and booking the parque santiago 3.

Cheers.

AL JAY
20-06-2012, 22:48
You can buy them together on here ,choose which airport etc and they do PS3.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/spain/holidays_in_tenerife.html

grimbo
20-06-2012, 23:05
Excellent. Just had a quick search for PS3 with flights and it was £541 which is good for 2 people. Think I may be booking sooner than expected. Cheers.

Anyone know of any decent other hotels thats better than PS3?

AL JAY
20-06-2012, 23:34
Hotels Bitacora and La Siesta are nice and in the same area as PS3! They have special offers on now and again!

LindaD
20-06-2012, 23:41
Thanks for that Al - as you know we love PS3 and I'll definately be checking out that website for December. I never know though whether to book early or leave it until a few weeks before the time??

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for that Al - will check out the website for December as you know we love PS3 (as my avatar photie shows!!) never know whether to book early though or leave it until a few weeks before we go.

Sorry for the double posting - for some reason I can't seem to edit posts!! Also having problems just writing replies to posts without going into the Advanced section (and sometimes that doesn't work either - grrrrrrr) Computer is just about to be thrown oot the windae!!!!!!!

AL JAY
21-06-2012, 01:34
Hiya Linda nice to see you back here on the forum!

*check your browser, TF isn't very compatible with Internet explorer,try firefox or chrome!

explorer
21-06-2012, 10:22
Hello,

You might want to look at Apartamentos Andorra as a possible alternative, as this is a nice good value hotel. Details are here:

http://search.costeffectivetravel.com/Hotel/Apartamentos_Andorra.htm

The hotel is well located for the nightlife/shopping etc and it might be a bit more competively priced than the PS3.

LindaD
21-06-2012, 14:14
Hiya Linda nice to see you back here on the forum!

*check your browser, TF isn't very compatible with Internet explorer,try firefox or chrome!

Spot on Al Jay - went through Chrome and now working fine - doh!!!!!
Glad to be back on the forum - at least for short bursts at a time!!!!!!

penelope pitstop
24-06-2012, 17:19
Venere.com allows you to book & you do not pay until you check out. You can also cancel should you need to up to a couple of days before you are due to stay, at no charge.

We stay in the Hotel Gran Tinerfe & now book directly on their website & also pay when we check out. You can also cancel up to a couple of days before you are due to stay, should you need to, at no loss as you have not paid a deposit. We book our flights with the individual airline. We always find Easyjet the cheapest from Gatwick at the times we travel. We check flight prices via Skyscanner.net or the airlines websites.

It has always worked out cheaper this way & we have been doing this for a few years now.

Bazz
24-06-2012, 20:01
Venere.com allows you to book & you do not pay until you check out. You can also cancel should you need to up to a couple of days before you are due to stay, at no charge.

We stay in the Hotel Gran Tinerfe & now book directly on their website & also pay when we check out. You can also cancel up to a couple of days before you are due to stay, should you need to, at no loss as you have not paid a deposit. We book our flights with the individual airline. We always find Easyjet the cheapest from Gatwick at the times we travel. We check flight prices via Skyscanner.net or the airlines websites.

It has always worked out cheaper this way & we have
been doing this for a few years now.

That's unusual, they don't even take a deposit off you, not too many sites like that! If the euro continues to rise then you'll be quids in. :)

penelope pitstop
24-06-2012, 20:25
That's unusual, they don't even take a deposit off you, not too many sites like that! If the euro continues to rise then you'll be quids in. :)

We found that in May as the exchange rate in Tenerife was 1.23 & only 1.21 in the UK. So we ended up with a lower bill than anticipated.

Venere.com no longer sell the hotel we stay at (never did find out why as it's very popular with return guests) so that's why we booked it through the H10 hotel website. The price is the same as Venere.com would have been.

Not sure if any other sites don't take deposits. Someone else in here may know.

We ended up with a lower bill than expected as the exchange rate in Tenerife was 1.23 & 1.21 in the UK so if we'd paid cash with the money changed in Tenerife it would be cheaper, but we paid on our credit card which is usually a better rate again, so that made it cheaper still!

Venere.com no longer sell our hotel, we never found out why as it is a popular hotel with return guests. So we now book through the H10 hotel website for the same price.

Not sure if any other websites take bookings without deposits or payments in advance. Maybe someone on here knows, if so please share it with us!

Vortex Wake
24-06-2012, 20:38
If you book via www.springhoteles.com for the Bitacora , Vulcano or Arona Gran , you pay nothing online or up front AND you get free taxi transfers from the airport if staying 7 days or more.

penelope pitstop
24-06-2012, 20:44
If you book via www.springhoteles.com for the Bitacora , Vulcano or Arona Gran , you pay nothing online or up front AND you get free taxi transfers from the airport if staying 7 days or more.

Thats even better!

What is going on here, I replied to a post & it didn't show up so I re wrote it. Now it is showing as a merged thread above???????//

I am trying to edit it & it won't let me, I keep getting a bluey/grey box that won't let me type.
Please can someone delete the top part of my merged post above & leave the second part below where it says merged thread?

Extremely frustrating!

Vortex Wake
24-06-2012, 22:47
Thats even better!

What is going on here, I replied to a post & it didn't show up so I re wrote it. Now it is showing as a merged thread above???????//

I am trying to edit it & it won't let me, I keep getting a bluey/grey box that won't let me type.
Please can someone delete the top part of my merged post above & leave the second part below where it says merged thread?

Extremely frustrating!

This forum does not work well with Internet Explorer web browser.

Rickiebear
25-06-2012, 06:33
Hi, in the past we have used a UK Travel Agent to book flights (Easyjet) and hotel. This way your booking is protected by APTA. We also pay by credit card for extra protection.

penelope pitstop
25-06-2012, 06:56
Hi, in the past we have used a UK Travel Agent to book flights (Easyjet) and hotel. This way your booking is protected by APTA. We also pay by credit card for extra protection.

We pay by credit card too for the protection, just annoyed at the hefty charges some companies add.
Most companies are ABTA or Atol bonded. But if Venere.com aren't as they do not take any money from people there is nothing to lose.

Rickiebear
25-06-2012, 07:28
Hi, although you pay extra for using a credit card. I do think it is worth it. A couple of years ago we bought 2 return flights for Air 2000. We used a M&S credit card. When they went into Administration, we recieved our money back within 7 weeks, they also froze any interest.

macdonald5
25-06-2012, 09:15
Hi, although you pay extra for using a credit card. I do think it is worth it. A couple of years ago we bought 2 return flights for Air 2000. We used a M&S credit card. When they went into Administration, we recieved our money back within 7 weeks, they also froze any interest.

Yes ,definitely agree the annoying charges are great insurance.
When Globespan went bust we had 10 flights (own&friends) booked
Had thankfully paid with Tesco card and got all(almost £ 3000) back within weeks
ATOL & ABTA are grey areas of protection if booking flights/accommodation via web or phone

green1960
25-06-2012, 09:33
We booked Parque Santiago 3 once and went in June, booked and paid for a studio (cost £100) and when we got there they put us in a 4 bedroomed villa. Result. We booked the studio with monarch.co.uk. We also booked with them when the ash cloud happened and they paid me my money back instantly. I also have a few contacts for people with properties on Parque Santiago 3/4, so if you want these send me a pm and I will let you have details of these. We have stayed there many times.

Angusjim
25-06-2012, 09:35
My daughter just booked with www.a1travel.com best price she could find for her holiday and no credit card charges when booking online ABTA registered etc. May be a worth a try

penelope pitstop
25-06-2012, 19:57

Years ago I got money back for flights paid by debit card when the airline went bust. I was amazed as I was led to believe it was only credit cards that gave money back. It was under £100 too.

I would like to add that Booking.com don't charge for hotel reservations either, you pay at the hotel.

macdonald5
25-06-2012, 21:39
[QUOTE=penelope pitstop;192539]Years ago I got money back for flights paid by debit card when the airline went bust. I was amazed as I was led to believe it was only credit cards that gave money back. It was under £100 too.

Yes,we also used the Chargebank scheme as had booked extra legroom seats and extra luggage allowance using debit card
It has a time limit of 180 days
I had picked up details on Moneysupermarket .com
Seems not to be so clear cut as credit card guarantee but worked for us too

penelope pitstop
26-06-2012, 09:53
Martin Lewis, the money saving expert gives wonderful advice on everything money related, he covers money off vouchers, the best bank accounts to have, cheap flight & holiday offers etc etc, the list is endless. Signing up for his weekly free e newsletter has been a great source of free information to us & many friends have also signed up too. I suggest forum members do the same, if you haven't done already.