PDA

View Full Version : Internet Getting British TV online

CIM
29-05-2011, 19:37
What methods are you using to get your daily does of crap soap operas from the UK?
I use this website: http://eztv.it/ although it is often down or not working properly (maybe we should start a new one haha)
It lists all the programmes I regularly watch and you simply click on the magnet link to download the programme via YouTube.
If the site is down they also have their list of programmes on a pirate bay channel here: http://thepiratebay.org/search/eztv/0/99/0

I watch a few Brit programs and quite lot of US ones. Always sat on my hard drive for when I have time - much better than having to tune in at a certain time. I could never go back to that!

If you have a good system or website - add it here for people to take a look.

or if you have a set top box and Sky card or whatever, just stick on here how much it cost to buy and how much it is per month along with what channels you receive.

fonica
29-05-2011, 22:44
I have used EXPATSURFER for over a year it gives access to all UK online programs,iplayer etc. and only costs 6 gbp per month.It has never gone down of caused any problems.Just google the name and go from there.

Jackie
29-05-2011, 23:27
I have sky which I brought over from the UK, but when the signal is bad or we lose it totally due to the wonderful storms here I always use www.myiplayer.com it used to be hackedcabletv but the guy that owned it merged his site with another one. They are a really friendly lot on there and there is always someone on the chat that can help you out if you have any problems. They have everything from UK tv to American / Spanish etc. Depending on your internet speed then you can normally just go on there and start watching, sometimes I find it better to watch the channels with VLC player but there are links etc to everything that you should need to download if you have to.

There's quite a few people on there from Tenerife and more often than not we just all end up chatting don't we Astara and Ali lol

cath.wilson
30-05-2011, 09:38
I use www.tvchaosuk.com to download all the soaps.

TenerifeTeddy
30-05-2011, 09:50
We use a combination of connecting to our communities 3m dish with a freeview box, this gets us all but channel 4 for some reason and can be a bit ropey on occasion. We also use the IAPS VPN for using BBCiPlayer etc, but as our internet conection at home is only 0.8Mb it buffers a lot. Finally we use bit torrent for downloading and watching later the episodes of the TV series we like to watch, CSI, NCIS etc and this is best of all for uninterrupted viewing :)

Suej
30-05-2011, 12:25
I have sky which I brought over from the UK, but when the signal is bad or we lose it totally due to the wonderful storms here I always use www.myiplayer.com it used to be hackedcabletv but the guy that owned it merged his site with another one. They are a really friendly lot on there and there is always someone on the chat that can help you out if you have any problems. They have everything from UK tv to American / Spanish etc. Depending on your internet speed then you can normally just go on there and start watching, sometimes I find it better to watch the channels with VLC player but there are links etc to everything that you should need to download if you have to.

There's quite a few people on there from Tenerife and more often than not we just all end up chatting don't we Astara and Ali lol

I also find this site really good, but how do you get full screen please Jackie? is it possible?

Jackie
30-05-2011, 13:03
I also find this site really good, but how do you get full screen please Jackie? is it possible?

For most channels you just need to click on the screen

She Sells Seashells
30-05-2011, 13:11
I use this site sometimes: http://www.freetv-watch.com/ . You need to scroll down for the UK then you can select a channel. One problem is that you can't display the channel full screen.

Another site is: http://www.jaketv.co.uk/ . You also can't display the channel full screen usually, but the display is bigger than on the first site.

Nic
30-05-2011, 14:02
www.tvpc.com is quite good, just click on live tv at the top and then scroll down until you find UK and there are a list of channels you can watch.

Suej
30-05-2011, 14:38
For most channels you just need to click on the screen
Hi Jackie! nothing worked for me but found out from Webmaster that I needed to download an earlier version of VLC now it works perfectly! they´re a friendly lot on there eh?;)

Suej
30-05-2011, 14:43
www.tvpc.com is quite good, just click on live tv at the top and then scroll down until you find UK and there are a list of channels you can watch.
This link just directs you to the same site that Jackie and I are already using Nic...but TV would not play from your link?

gazza
30-05-2011, 14:49
you could use expat shield, which is free, this will allow you to connect to bbc player and i player

Jackie
30-05-2011, 15:18
you could use expat shield, which is free, this will allow you to connect to bbc player and i player

Expat shields messes with my comp and speaking to a lot of other people they seem to have the same problems with it. I'll stick to www.myiplayer.com thanks ;)

Jackie
30-05-2011, 15:20
Hi Jackie! nothing worked for me but found out from Webmaster that I needed to download an earlier version of VLC now it works perfectly! they´re a friendly lot on there eh?;)

ahh poor webby as he is affectionately know lol, lives in Asia so the time difference for him compared to a lot of us on there is huge, he normally gets bombarded with questions as soon as he is online haha

Suej
30-05-2011, 16:32

I also had probs with expat shield, if you use the site Jackie has recommended and install VLC player 1.0.5 version (not the newer ones) it streams very well, even in my garden where I get low signal strength!

manfred
30-05-2011, 16:36
Hi,
you can try FREEIPTV.be!!

Suej
30-05-2011, 17:10
Hi,
you can try FREEIPTV.be!!

I have tried this site but it says UK TV is offline...I´ll bookmark the link as a spare and try another time...Thanks!

manfred
30-05-2011, 17:50
sometimes you have to reload it, then it works. you need windows media player (WMP) & Firefox plug-in.for football you can go to EPLSITE.com.

manfred

waveydavey
02-06-2011, 07:18
Type in your browser tor uktv catchup go down the page to download,when you have done that you can watch iplayer and itv catchup,thats what works for me.

jmcd
02-06-2011, 08:15
I use www.speedytv.co.uk I pay around £6 per month and I get all ITV channels, all BBC channels, Channel 4 & Channel 5, also catch-up and a whole list of older progs too. (the fee for 3 months is around £17 and for a year £62) an I use a cable to link my compu to the TV

princessmonika
29-06-2011, 18:57
try TVPC.com works for me

sleepy
30-07-2011, 14:11
This works ok from abroad although some BBC programs are not shown online.Same with ITV.
The video on the page below explains how to set it all up which is easy.It basically assigns the user with a free UK IP Address.
Just make sure to switch the shield off when not in use otherwise it can cause issues with logging into Facebook and other sites.
http://www.vpnsurfing.com/2010/10/watch-bbc-iplayer-outside-of-uk-with-expat-shield/

karinagal
05-09-2011, 22:39
http://uk.gofreevpn.com/

I don't know who to thank for the above link, but hubby has used it on his iPhone and it lets him use the skygo app on his phone to access sky movies and his football channels - he is now a very happy bunny..! :D

garlicbread
29-12-2011, 17:58
http://uk.gofreevpn.com/

I don't know who to thank for the above link, but hubby has used it on his iPhone and it lets him use the skygo app on his phone to access sky movies and his football channels - he is now a very happy bunny..! :D

your link does not work !!

karinagal
02-01-2012, 17:54
your link does not work !!

It's moved.... http://www.bestukvpn.com/

Harlequin
02-01-2012, 22:07
telefonicA OFFER OF ADSL FOR €20 A MONTH FOR FIRST SIXMONTH

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Bprecios_telefonia2%2Bv_segmento%2BAHO G%2Bv_idioma%2Bes%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,00.html?uri =/on/io/es/tienda/precios/telefonia_1.html&v_segmento=AHOG&v_idioma=es&v_segest=AHOG&v_pagina=FP&v_procede=homeNR01&v_categoria=50426

Read the small print guys... Please.

jandy
14-02-2012, 16:11
Direct telecom are now offering free tv online to existing customers,but I have been unable to get it to work. It starts off well but then stops and starts, freezing every few minutes. Has anyone else tried this?

waveydavey
14-02-2012, 16:18
Yes I have tried it and it works fine,it froze yesterday for 1 minute and then it has started ok.

slodgedad
14-02-2012, 16:22
Direct telecom are now offering free tv online to existing customers,but I have been unable to get it to work. It starts off well but then stops and starts, freezing every few minutes. Has anyone else tried this?

I tried it yesterday and mine freezes too and I'm on 6.5 meg.

martinc
14-02-2012, 16:54
Excellent service works fine with occasional lock ups, this is only a beta service,improvements and updates will continue, works well in conjunction with catch up tv and a VPN. I do not now need CSTI.

rotchie
15-08-2012, 18:46
EUROPA TELECOM have their free three day trial back on .....

Thank you for registering for the Free 3 day TV trial.

You registered with the following mobile number - xxxxxxx

If the registered mobile number above is incorrect please click HERE, and then re-register.

If the mobile number is correct please click here to verify your email address.

After you have verified your email address you will receive an SMS, with your 4 digit password, on the mobile number above.

If you are experiencing issues with the Trial TV please click HERE, for step-by-step instructions.

Sincerely,

Europa Network Customer Support

Have Europa resolved their buffering issues now?
I gave up on them back in February (prior to returning back to the UK due to family crisis), at that point, I had been with them since December 5th 2011 and had nothing but major problems with half-hearted promises that things would improve. I am seriously considering going for a VPN if Europa are still having problems.

tfs_longlets
15-08-2012, 19:26
We have been with them since November and haver never had a buffering problem.

We have a 6Mb feed (yeah right, 4-5 mostly) but I can have 2 devices running (laptop or netbook and STB) at the same time without any problems.

I had a VPN from UKVPN but unfortunately it is not compatible with Europa's System. I was in contact with Carlos the service guy but eventually he was unable to improve their supply, so it seems to be a case of one or the other, and with Europa, everything is there at the click of a mouse or press of the remote for the STB.

I also connect to FilmOn.com through their website, or through Facebook (which seems to be more durable and no HD/SD choice). However they are constantly trying to find ways to get you to pay.

So, as Cilla used to say, the choice is yours, but in any event it is much better than the systems from Guaza & La Gomera.

Hope this helps.

YOUNG GOLFER
15-08-2012, 19:27
Sorry to say our expert on this is now be banned.

rotchie
15-08-2012, 19:55
Sorry to say our expert on this is now be banned.

Europa is a legitimate company operating out of Alicante. I have a package with them for Telephone, Internet and supposedly UK TV included in the package. They were having numerous problems getting the system to work, I spent countless hours on the phone with their tech guys trying various alternatives, but to no avail. I was hoping that some other forum member had Europa and could enlighten me as to the current situation. Thanks for the response.

KirstyJay
15-08-2012, 23:40
Apart from telling them to go forth and multiply every time they phone my house with their aggressive telesales tactics, I've not had any dealings with them, thank the lord, judging from your post!

I refuse to buy anything from people that phone me. It's an invasion of my privacy. I hope you get sorted soon :)

Suej
16-08-2012, 11:39
Apart from telling them to go forth and multiply every time they phone my house with their aggressive telesales tactics, I've not had any dealings with them, thank the lord, judging from your post!

I refuse to buy anything from people that phone me. It's an invasion of my privacy. I hope you get sorted soon :)

They kept phoning me too! I told them that I was a member on Tenerife Forum here and would ask members for opinions on the system (which I did) the phone calls stopped after that!:wink:

timmylish
16-08-2012, 13:49
Have Europa resolved their buffering issues now?
I gave up on them back in February (prior to returning back to the UK due to family crisis), at that point, I had been with them since December 5th 2011 and had nothing but major problems with half-hearted promises that things would improve. I am seriously considering going for a VPN if Europa are still having problems.

Should you decide to progress further with a VPN then I would suggest that you give the company which has served me for more than 3 years, during which time I have had nothing but exemplary service and attention if I ever need it! I think twice in that 3 years which says something. Yes there are others. Some free (nowt,s for nowt),some slightly cheaper (but unable to match the options of my supplier) but, of all of the people who have followed my suggestion none have ever expressed disappointment. The all important prerequisite is your ADSL speed. Anything over 2,5 mgps should suffice but the higher the less possibility of any buffering. I am delighted.
http://vpnuk.net/

Muppet
16-08-2012, 14:15
Europa is a legitimate company operating out of Alicante. I have a package with them for Telephone, Internet and supposedly UK TV included in the package. They were having numerous problems getting the system to work, I spent countless hours on the phone with their tech guys trying various alternatives, but to no avail. I was hoping that some other forum member had Europa and could enlighten me as to the current situation. Thanks for the response.

Assuming it helps, I am with Europa and it is fine - 6.06 download speed on the line.

They recently added BBC 3 and 4 which is useful (sometimes!!)

gwen
17-02-2013, 16:49
Got to have my weekly dose of Corrie :P Never missed an episode for 4 years and It has been around two years since I started using UKTVAccess... I am quite happy with it. Their service and speed is brilliant. Paying around 4 pounds a month. (tried other VPNs before this, but mostly had buffering problems and their technical supports failed to help and there is a free service called expatshield which crashed my computer so I can't really recommend any of the free ones but they are mostly a headache anyway)
Best thing is that my uktvaccess account works fine on my new android tablet :) ( By the way I love the tablet technology! )

Cheers
have a good sunday everyone...

Suej
17-02-2013, 17:06
Got to have my weekly dose of Corrie :P Never missed an episode for 4 years and It has been around two years since I started using UKTVAccess... I am quite happy with it. Their service and speed is brilliant. Paying around 4 pounds a month. (tried other VPNs before this, but mostly had buffering problems and their technical supports failed to help and there is a free service called expatshield which crashed my computer so I can't really recommend any of the free ones but they are mostly a headache anyway)
Best thing is that my uktvaccess account works fine on my new android tablet :) ( By the way I love the tablet technology! )

Cheers
have a good sunday everyone...

You could try Filmon! it is free and there's an Android App! Seems pretty good!

tracey
13-03-2013, 10:18
Filmon´s British channels have gone :(

Suej
13-03-2013, 10:30
Filmon´s British channels have gone :(

Just checked tracey and Yes there is just some weird live video chat going on! You could try putting in a help ticket! I use DT media for TV on all my devices so don't use Filmon but it was good for back up!

seanocelt
13-03-2013, 13:44
Big debate on facebook page "wanted items in Tenerife", may come back on.....may not they say!! Lots of experts on there, one forum member i trust says the problem is with power to a mast, being rectified so you may find it will come back on. As for EUROPA, a rant i have promised is still pending as we have had to get legal forms and police advice due to their unauthorised taking of money for a service they never provided.

susanspain
26-10-2013, 10:41
Hoping this thread is still open and I have posted in the right place (newbie here!)
I am asking about IPTV - and providers on the island (and mainland - as we have a place there.) I see from the thread that Europa have been mentioned, and also DT. Could anyone elaborate on what they know about the DT service - i.e your experience.
We all know your streaming capabilities are only as good as your download speed; whether you have the DT phone/internet package or AN Other provider.
Any feedback please..
Also does anyone know the legalities of the DT TV system and if there are likely to be any 'issues' in the future.
(We are preparing to switch over to a dedicated IPTV box rather than viewing via computer - so do not want VPN etc... we just want something 'almost' the same as our freeview box/dish should the new satellite not be sending to us in Spain any more!)

Jabba43
17-11-2013, 11:20
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/digital-home/3474420/roku-3-review/

I was going to get a roku box until I found out my internet speed is stuck in 2001. Seriously some company needs to come and sort out faster speeds. IP Tv is the future.

JaBBa
17-11-2013, 13:37
<<<<<ello ello ello :nono: ??? :twak:...........

extranjeroroy
08-02-2014, 15:54
All British free to air programs available through FilmOn via internet, along with numerous other languages over 500 channels in total. Good picture if you have a decent ADSL speed. I have been using this for several years now.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Forgot to mention I stream the programs to TV from a Raspberry Pi.

Suzanne
08-02-2014, 16:05
I have my telephone and ADSL with movistar. I have my VPN with VPNUK and pay 5.99 pounds a month. I watch everything on watchtvnow.co.uk with the VPN but if for some reason its not working which is not very often, I use filmon.com for all the uk channels etc and Ii use cricfree.tv for all the sports channels.

JaBBa
08-02-2014, 16:08
I watch everything on watchtvnow.co.uk with the VPN but if for some reason its not working which is not very often

Hi Suzanne,

Just checked seems ok here, might be your vpn...

Suej
08-02-2014, 16:37
I have my telephone and ADSL with movistar. I have my VPN with VPNUK and pay 5.99 pounds a month. I watch everything on watchtvnow.co.uk with the VPN but if for some reason its not working which is not very often, I use filmon.com for all the uk channels etc and Ii use cricfree.tv for all the sports channels.

You could try sending a PM to timmylish I'm not 100% sure but I think this is the VPN he uses...he might be able to shed some light on your problem!:)

Suzanne
09-02-2014, 14:17
Thanks al my VPN is fine, they have a live chat and can remote in and sort any problems i have. Thanks again.

timmylish
10-02-2014, 03:07
Yes I,ve been with Danny and the team for years and years now. The no. of problems I,ve had you could count on one hand. To connect direct to channels with my VPN I use http://www.tvguide.co.uk/ as my platform for UK tv. USA tv is a bit more complex but fabtastic nevertheless. Good to see another member of here using VPNUK.

pdu83
23-11-2014, 17:31
I use hola, it's free and works as a browser plugin. Personally I'm a privacy nut, so I run an extra copy of Firefox with it in and just use it for my online TV as I'm not up for general surfing through any VPN provider, though I've nothing specifically against any of them. Hola is quite nice, you click the shortcut on the toolbar and select the country of origin and the target site and you're away, works well with iPlayer etc.. and also for switching back and forth between Netflix UK and US from Tenerife. If you're paranoid like me, download firefox portable and then put Hola in that, so if it turns out they aren't trustworthy it doesn't matter as you won't have used that copy for your online banking!

timmylish
24-11-2014, 03:58
I use hola, it's free and works as a browser plugin. Personally I'm a privacy nut, so I run an extra copy of Firefox with it in and just use it for my online TV as I'm not up for general surfing through any VPN provider, though I've nothing specifically against any of them. Hola is quite nice, you click the shortcut on the toolbar and select the country of origin and the target site and you're away, works well with iPlayer etc.. and also for switching back and forth between Netflix UK and US from Tenerife. If you're paranoid like me, download firefox portable and then put Hola in that, so if it turns out they aren't trustworthy it doesn't matter as you won't have used that copy for your online banking!

Hence the VERY reason for using a reputable, tried and tested VPN provider in VPNUK. You bank using an open line which in to-day,s situation is very dangerous. Me? I bank using my VPN with complete safety and security.

pdu83
24-11-2014, 17:03
Any service you connect to has the same issues, I'd recommend trusting a regulated ISP with a connection to your bank much more than I would trust any VPN provider. If you connect to a target site using SSL then you need functioning DNS to hit the trusted root certification authority, which then validates a certificate chain for your bank, if you do this via any VPN service which SSL encrypts communication so your ISP can't see it, you may also run DNS queries to the VPN provider which makes a potential MTM attack easier to craft, your VPN provider may well be (and most probably is) a completely legitimate business, but subject to much less regulation and monitoring than your ISP. Personally, I'd never hit my bank over any VPN. Of course, trust is a multi-faceted thing and there is no single/simple solution to deciding who you can and can't trust, so I do it based on my ability to sue for damages. My ISP has more money, so that's who I 'trust' :)

KirstyJay
25-11-2014, 13:31
Sounds like you know what you're talking about. May I ask what you background is pdu83

pdu83
25-11-2014, 15:25
Sounds like you know what you're talking about. May I ask what you background is pdu83

I'm a server engineer (software/operating systems) and much of my work tends to focus around securing web servers and asterisk (telephone server software) , though I do a little software dev to keep things interesting and varied :)

m.holland
31-08-2016, 17:36
So am i right in thinking i can just plug in my own set top box and away we go or.... am I being ridiculous?
I am extremely new to this !

junglejim
31-08-2016, 19:18
So am i right in thinking i can just plug in my own set top box and away we go or.... am I being ridiculous?
I am extremely new to this !
Not quite sure what you mean by set top box -if it´s a tuner it will need a TV signal supplied by satellite or cable company here ,possibly through your community.
If it´s a media box with Kodi apps loaded it will need an internet connection with 2Mbs or better and possibly WIFI .
If you have decent internet you can get UK TV on laptop via Filmon.com or Kodi loaded onto PC.

barryk
31-08-2016, 20:39
Not quite sure what you mean by set top box -if it´s a tuner it will need a TV signal supplied by satellite or cable company here ,possibly through your community.
If it´s a media box with Kodi apps loaded it will need an internet connection with 2Mbs or better and possibly WIFI .
If you have decent internet you can get UK TV on laptop via Filmon.com or Kodi loaded onto PC.

Has anyone tried "Mobdro"? It is an android based app works on android phones, tablets, tv boxes ( ios version looks a little fiddly). UKTV, SKY MOVIES, SKY SPORTS, BT SPORT and much more and it is FREE. Tried in UK but not TFS yet.
You will need to allow download from un-recognised sources in settings.
Quality reports for TFS would be welcome
Barryk

junglejim
01-09-2016, 09:36
Not tried MOBDRO yet have enough on my boxes .

lesbroz
01-09-2016, 21:04
One of my friends over in Paraiso uses this via his smart phone and says that it works well.

helena246
08-09-2016, 10:02
although I have read through all the above threads I am still confused. I am moving into parque tropical which has no uk tv connection but there are fibre optics throughout which I am told by my Norwegian neighbour has a very good internet strength. I cannot find any british residents to ask what is the best way to get uk tv can any of the members spare some time to advice me.
some one did suggest buying google chrome cast which I could get in the uk for £25
many thanks in anticipation

information
08-09-2016, 11:07
although I have read through all the above threads I am still confused. I am moving into parque tropical which has no uk tv connection but there are fibre optics throughout which I am told by my Norwegian neighbour has a very good internet strength. I cannot find any british residents to ask what is the best way to get uk tv can any of the members spare some time to advice me.
some one did suggest buying google chrome cast which I could get in the uk for £25
many thanks in anticipation

Pop into BGR Solutions on the Pasarella shopping complex and they will set you up with all you need. Once you have the box, Android or MAG, it would cost 10€ a month. They sell the MAG box for around 100€. Or you can just buy an android box and download KODI if you know a little about setting things up.

barryk
08-09-2016, 17:03
Pop into BGR Solutions on the Pasarella shopping complex and they will set you up with all you need. Once you have the box, Android or MAG, it would cost 10€ a month. They sell the MAG box for around 100€. Or you can just buy an android box and download KODI if you know a little about setting things up.

The most simple and hassel free would be at telecom.
If you have internet in your apartment then an android (box plenty on ebay) and film on app.
As stated above if you already have internet a Mag 250 (again on ebay) box and subscription for all UK sky movies, sky sports and much more. Suggest you do not buy a subs on ebay Google IPTV for more reliable streams

junglejim
08-09-2016, 17:41
Plenty of videos on you tube to help you load kodi and add-ons to a box or laptop -for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5gBzIzKG8

This guy´s videos and links are good too
http://www.vdubt25.co.uk/

helena246
08-09-2016, 19:43
if I do not want to pay subscriptions and am not really interested in films and sport
what is the cheapest option.

barryk
08-09-2016, 20:27
if I do not want to pay subscriptions and am not really interested in films and sport
what is the cheapest option.

Film on, mobdro or camposat on phone or tablet. Internet connection needed

Steve56
10-08-2018, 09:39
Get the Fastest VPN for 2018 that allows you to access blocked and restricted content from anywhere in the world. Stream and Download with complete anonymity and security. FastestVPN service provider offers secure access and high speed.

Service provider.............?