PDA

View Full Version : Anybody available for a taxi run tonight

plancher
23-06-2012, 14:24
Is my daughters birthday and a crowd of us are going to the Decades Show at Vivo. Looking for a taxi about quarter past midnight to go to San Blas and then back to Palm Mar. Does anybody know of anybody ????

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Only one person replied and thanks to Tony who did the job and earned a very nice wage. The economy must be better than all the doom merchants on here portray, because only one person bothered replying, so therefore I presume that nobody needs to earn an extra few quid.

Loaded
24-06-2012, 11:56
Or no body wanted to do an illegal taxi run?

Loaded
24-06-2012, 11:57
If you'd have asked a taxi driver I'm sure they'd have obliged...

fonica
24-06-2012, 12:15
Good job Tony didn't crash the car and badly injure these kids as none of them would have been insured. Tony also risks prosecution and fines in excess of 3,000 euros for risking lives whilst driving uninsured and not having the necessary licence to carry passengers. (These legal papers cost legal taxis in excess of 5,000 euros per year and Tony is depriving them of a living whilst lining his own pocket and not paying either tax or social security into the Spanish system. Many taxi drivers read the forum they wil be delighted to see these kind of posts.

I_N_Cognito
24-06-2012, 16:39
Tony’s obviously a forum member and therefore a friend of Plancher’s so it’s ok.
:crylaughing:

Harmonicaman
24-06-2012, 17:03
I don't think "Tony" will be too pleased to have his name plastered all over an open forum saying what he's done.:whistle:

penelope pitstop
24-06-2012, 17:04
Really not worth the risk these days. As my OH used to be a taxi driver in Adeje when we lived there we know the risks. Most people do not realize by using an unlicensed taxi that the insurance would be invalidated & a huge fine imposed, as fonica mentioned above.
There are plenty of licensed mini buses available now. Some carry 7 people & I don't think they charge extra. We used one in May & only paid the normal taxi rate & there were 6 of us!

Vortex Wake
24-06-2012, 23:03
Really not worth the risk these days. As my OH used to be a taxi driver in Adeje when we lived there we know the risks. Most people do not realize by using an unlicensed taxi that the insurance would be invalidated & a huge fine imposed, as fonica mentioned above.
There are plenty of licensed mini buses available now. Some carry 7 people & I don't think they charge extra. We used one in May & only paid the normal taxi rate & there were 6 of us!

6 Penelope Pitstops ???? Oh, that does my head in ..............

carpenter
24-06-2012, 23:12
You people are a joke, ha ha ha it's a bit of extra cash for someone.

Do you know how hard it is to do an honest days work on this island? I don't think you do otherwise you would have replied positively to the OP.
Taxi drivers on this island are dangerous, south american immigrants. (there are exceptions)
The Canarians have a saying, to get rich quick, buy a south american for what he's worth and then sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

I have a baby on the way and welcome any extra income. Sorry if all you people out there are so high and mighty you can't see that an honest bloke wants to earn an honest wage but Spanish bureaucracy won't let him. How many of you are 100% legal, no black books? as I thought none!

I don't think "Tony" will be too pleased to have his name plastered all over an open forum saying what he's done.:whistle:

Don't care :raspberry2:

Tony’s obviously a forum member and therefore a friend of Plancher’s so it’s ok.
:crylaughing:

Never met him before but I can say that he is a very nice man

Good job Tony didn't crash the car and badly injure these kids as none of them would have been insured. Tony also risks prosecution and fines in excess of 3,000 euros for risking lives whilst driving uninsured and not having the necessary licence to carry passengers. (These legal papers cost legal taxis in excess of 5,000 euros per year and Tony is depriving them of a living whilst lining his own pocket and not paying either tax or social security into the Spanish system. Many taxi drivers read the forum they wil be delighted to see these kind of posts.

I pay Social thank you (not that I can afford to)

And Peter Perfect I see that you thanked a quote, Do you declare the computer repairs that you do on the side? No didn't think so

Loaded
24-06-2012, 23:33
You people are a joke, ha ha ha it's a bit of extra cash for someone.

Do you know how hard it is to do an honest days work on this island? I don't think you do otherwise you would have replied positively to the OP.
Taxi drivers on this island are dangerous, south american immigrants. (there are exceptions)
The Canarians have a saying, to get rich quick, buy a south american for what he's worth and then sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

I have a baby on the way and welcome any extra income. Sorry if all you people out there are so high and mighty you can't see that an honest bloke wants to earn an honest wage but Spanish bureaucracy won't let him. How many of you are 100% legal, no black books? as I thought none!

Are you for real? The OP slags everyone off for not responding to his/her request for a taxi driver for that very night and makes comments about how "people can't be that hard up if they aren't offering to perform this task that I really should just be offering to a taxi driver."

"All taxi drivers are south American immigrants" how very dare those dirty south Americans come over to our island and take the jobs off us Brits - oh wait I jaunt realized we're all immigrants too and this is a multi cultural island!

Please crawl back under the stone you came out of.... Both of you.

carpenter
24-06-2012, 23:43
Are you for real? The OP slags everyone off for not responding to his/her request for a taxi driver for that very night and makes comments about how "people can't be that hard up if they aren't offering to perform this task that I really should just be offering to a taxi driver."

"All taxi drivers are south American immigrants" how very dare those dirty south Americans come over to our island and take the jobs off us Brits - oh wait I jaunt realized we're all immigrants too and this is a multi cultural island!

Please crawl back under the stone you came out of.... Both of you.

Oh god now it's a racist thread cos I dared to mention a specific race... grow up

Sundowner
24-06-2012, 23:45
I think the point is, it is all very well people making a quid were they can, but taking the risk of using an unlicenced Taxi is a risk to far! If God forbids anything happens you would not be insured and who would want to take that risk? With their own family??

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2012, 23:47
Don't please ask on the forum for a Taxi run...........what if that person was stopped and fined 3,000€ would you step and pay the fine?
Who would be the first person to blame if you had a car crash...... and who would pay the hospital bill ?
I played Tennis with one of my taxi friends who made 110€ on Friday which he only gets 30% so a whooping 33€ for a 10 hour shiftand this guy is South American and 10x better than some of the Brits i have met here.

DON'T TAKE A RISK WITH OTHER PEOPLES LIVES.

carpenter
24-06-2012, 23:51
But it's an unspoken rule, they know they're not getting into a taxi, and the car is insured where's the problem? Apart from taking money from taxi drivers who have beaten up two people I know for dropping too many passengers off at the airport. My entire family have been taxi drivers in Brighton, Bournemouth and London so I know what it's about. unlicensed Mini cabbing is worldwide not just in Tenerife south.

you lot are being very anal

AJP
24-06-2012, 23:54
i,m sorry but as a taxi driver in the UK who uses the taxi,s when i go over to Tenerife,I don,t recognise your statement on the nationaility of the drivers. "Not that it would matter" The majority that I have used are hard working,family men AND women who are trying, like the rest of us,to make a living.Are you, by any chance a "british immigrant" because with Spains" colonial history the south americans have more right to be there than YOU

karinagal
24-06-2012, 23:54
But it's an unspoken rule, they know they're not getting into a taxi, and the car is insured where's the problem? Apart from taking money from taxi drivers who have beaten up two people I know for dropping too many passengers off at the airport. My entire family have been taxi drivers in Brighton, Bournemouth and London so I know what it's about. unlicensed Mini cabbing is worldwide not just in Tenerife south.

Just because it's done worldwide, doesn't make it right...

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Sundowner
24-06-2012, 23:57

I have to say you have disappointed me!! Unlicensed is Dangerous for the people who use them..........it does go on and it does not make it right!!

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2012, 00:01
I class it the same as anything else Taxi ,Cleaner,Painter,Carpenter or Estate Agent i know of people in my line of work who do the same and i bet in you line of work too..... cash in hand pay no taxes.

It's unfair to us all............

carpenter
25-06-2012, 00:01
sorry I'm leaving this thread say what you want, I really don't care. Double standards, you do anything you can on this island because work is so limited and then some high and mighty jerk says "what about the risk" what risk? the risk that I can't put food on the table this week? or the risk that I may get caught and have to pay a fine?
You don't know unless you are standing in my shoes so you can not judge me! Go away.
I going to carry on looking after my family the best way I can

AJP
25-06-2012, 00:16
Look after your family any way you like,thats your perogotive,but you cannot use the words "south american immigrants" whilst being a "british immigrant" yourself.

pablo1
25-06-2012, 00:17
After reading several of your posts recently I can happily say you're my second favourite carpenter ( after Karen ) and although I think you're wrong in regards to your opinion of Tenerife taxis, I do admire the fact that you're desperate to remain in Tenerife and are willing to do what you can to keep yourself and your family over there. Hope you can find work soon, it's a tough old island at the moment - good luck.

CaribeCelt
25-06-2012, 00:18
An immigrant telling us about dangerous immigrants:duh:
The only dangerous immigrant,from what I can gather is yourself,driving people around without the relevant paperwork and no insurance,and taking the food of the law abiding taxi driver's table.
Foreigners,eh:devil2:

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2012, 00:19
Might be a good time to close this thread................had enough s... for one day.

CaribeCelt
25-06-2012, 00:20
After reading several of your posts recently I can happily say you're my second favourite carpenter ( after Karen ) and although I think you're wrong in regards to your opinion of Tenerife taxis, I do admire the fact that you're desperate to remain in Tenerife and are willing to do what you can to keep yourself and your family over there. Hope you can find work soon, it's a tough old island at the moment - good luck.

By that logic,why not go out and rob houses?
After all he only wants to stay in Tenerife...sure it's for a good cause.

Apollo
25-06-2012, 00:22
I dont use this forum anymore for the precise reason that I get fed up of the "bandwagon brigade" who basically seem to just be very bored of an evening and have nothing better to do than pick holes in other peoples lives/activities.

But, being Carpenter's wife, I feel compelled to say something on this particular thread because frankly I am baffled by peoples responses.

First off, no one is asking any of you to use an unlicensed taxi so you can continue with your morals and standards when you get into a proper taxi resting safe in the knowledge that you wont ever have a problem (although, frankly that said judging by how most of the taxi drivers actually drive over here you are more or less taking your lives in your hands getting in one anyway, I feel. But it's ok though because you will be insured should anything happen ;) )
The OP asked for something and something was offered.....don't really see what the problem is there and don't really understand why everyone feels the need to attack Carpenter on taking him up on it. The initial "slagging off" as you put it wasn't even by him anyway!)

Secondly I am currently 8 and a half months pregnant and still working my a**e off to bring as much money in as I can before baby is born. "Luckily" I am very busy. Tony has had, I think, something like 2 jobs this year (???) and yet continues to have to pay the €320 per month social payments for the privalige. It is a lot of money when there is nothing actually coming in and a huge worry when we have a baby due any day now. However he tries to follow the law and keep clean (which a hell of a lot of people don't, but I guess if they are in your clique that's ok).

On top of this our dog had to have major surgery last week which pretty much scraped the last pennies we had. Yes, our choice to have pets, before someone jumps on that one, but rather than allow her to suffer or have her PTS we did everything we could to save her. Im pleased to say we did.

At this point in time every single penny counts, in the same way that it does for everyone else we speak to. I wonder how many people *off the boards* would admit to also taking any money/work they can get. Probably the vast majority, but because it is on here everyone is suddenly a saint and completely incapable of every doing anything vaguely "against the rules".
At the end of the day I am proud that he gave some nice people a lift for a little bit of money. That money went in the rent pot to go towards supporting ourselves after our baby is born.

Tenerife, and Spain in general, seem to want to make it as difficult as possible for people to earn a legal wage and I don't understand it.
But I will bet that not one person would turn down a bit of extra cash to try and keep afloat for another week.

Rant, in my case, also over. Im fully aware this will carry on but I think it is a shame that you all don't seem to have anything better to do than constantly critacise.

pablo1
25-06-2012, 00:23
After all he only wants to stay in Tenerife...sure it's for a good cause.

Because that's just stupid isn't it?

Apollo
25-06-2012, 00:26
After all he only wants to stay in Tenerife...sure it's for a good cause.Suggest you have a look at the Augusta Park thread where Carpenter has tried hard to help people out, including offering his time to act as a security guard there.

What a ridiculous comment to come out with.

Right....NOW Im done.
:)

CaribeCelt
25-06-2012, 00:36
As another poster said,I have no problem with anybody keeping bread on their families table.
I was just pointing out that he himself is a immigrant in Tenerife and shouldn't be denouncing other immigrants.
I was just trying to point out the ironies in his post about the south americans.
No offence intended.

slodgedad
25-06-2012, 01:49
I have closed the thread.

It is still visible but I think it is getting out of control.

PM if you feel differently.