PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Computer repair shop

ryan1975
23-06-2012, 15:40
Hi

Would anyone be interested in opening a computer shop in the south of the island?

I would like someone spanish if possible who speaks good english as my spanish is reasonable.

Would this be a good venture in Tenerife as I have considered Cyprus where I lived 2 years ago which seems to have a lot more expats and Job offers etc.

Anyone interested please let me know.

alextenerife
23-06-2012, 15:49
These are few computer repair shops in Tenerife simply because the technology moves on so fast plus buying a tower these days costs only 300 to 400 euros new.
However I think there is a market for updating peoples computers with second hand parts such as processors, graphics card and motherboard combinations but like with every business in Tenerife it is finding the customers that is the problem.
Sorry to sound negative.
Best of luck

timmylish
24-06-2012, 02:25
Although I want to say this is a go-er I keep thinking of the 3 or 4 repair shops in Los Cristianos alone which are not now in business. One of them is SysWer whose main shop is still going strong in Santa Cruz {they built my machine} so you have to conclude that there is business IF the population is there. The fact that all these shops closed one after the other might mean there is room now. A Bank Manager would tell you its high risk. You have to decide yourself. Whatever, all the very best!

junglejim
21-01-2014, 13:03
Mrs TT. And hubby do this here and are on this forum .

atlantico
21-01-2014, 13:16
even in the UK small PC shops are closing. Internet and ebay prices for new machines are killing the repair/upgrade market. Why spend £100 on repair/upgrade when £200 gets a twice as good new PC ?

junglejim
21-01-2014, 13:31
even in the UK small PC shops are closing. Internet and ebay prices for new machines are killing the repair/upgrade market. Why spend £100 on repair/upgrade when £200 gets a twice as good new PC ?

There are some good prices at moment but it depends on the standard you want , my son builds his own as he does on-line gaming but he spends over a grand on spare parts! ( in UK)