PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM SOLVED - Is anyone else having trouble with Firefox?

mike in chayofa
24-06-2012, 13:59
Firefox did an update last week and I haven't been able to use it since.

I have uninstalled it and put on an older version, but still no luck.

Any ideas anyone?

IE and I just don't get along and I don't really like Chrome

Suej
24-06-2012, 14:51
Hi Mike!

I also had some problems with the new update of FF but apparently you need to update your flash player too! I am a member of a PC help forum and there are known problems! Are you operating Windows 7?

VideoMem
24-06-2012, 15:49
Hello Mike, I too use Firefox and have had no problems after the update, but I remain on XP !!:D

Suej
24-06-2012, 16:49
Hello Mike, I too use Firefox and have had no problems after the update, but I remain on XP !!:D

Windows 7 is rubbish IMO I much prefer XP

Harmonicaman
24-06-2012, 16:53
I'm using the latest version Mike and it seems ok...

Oh, and I'm on Win7 too...(I do seem to remember getting an update for flash player as well though).

AL JAY
24-06-2012, 17:06
I have just had to do a system restore,and been having problems since i got an update for Adobe flash player!

*puts 50p in meter* :D

delderek
24-06-2012, 17:25
All firefox updates and flash player, no problems on win7, although it won't play bbc iplayer correctly, but ie does.

Suej
24-06-2012, 17:36
I have just had to do a system restore,and been having problems since i got an update for Adobe flash player!

*puts 50p in meter* :D

I also had to uninstall Flash player 11.3 and reinstall 10.3 on FF otherwise couldn't get anything to work properly!

junglejim
24-06-2012, 17:37
I was using Firefox Nightly for last few weeks - apparently 64 bit version , worked ok on my lappie in Tenerife - here in UK son's lappie is on FF with windows 7 no problems .

mike in chayofa
24-06-2012, 20:15
Thanks for that.

I'm on Windows 7 and have just had to reboot to get that working.

The Flashplayer upgrade wouldn't load either, so I did it manually through Chrome.

I'll have another go at this lot tomorrow - I'm out of patience at the moment. Why can't they make sure that everything is OK before they do updates!!!

Greg
24-06-2012, 20:52
Should of bought a Mac Mike! :raspberry:

timmylish
24-06-2012, 22:59
Mike. The main reason is that both ff and Adobe upgraded at the same time and did not check to ensure compatability issues! I have been on all the various Forums and its all hit and miss. Wroks ok for some but not for other, like you and me. I am sick to death in trying to get an older version of Flash to work with FF so I,m sticking to using Chrome for all video and tv etc and FF, in th emain, for scripture.

slodgedad
25-06-2012, 00:56
I'm on Win7 and when Firefox updated my flash player crashed but automatically reinstalled.

That was last week and no probs since.

mike in chayofa
25-06-2012, 13:42
PROBLEM SOLVED (for Windows 7 users

If you have had similar problems, here's how to fix it ......

Right click on the Firefox logo and go to 'Properties'

Click on 'Compatibility' and you will see that the default is set to 'XP service pack 3'

Click the box above that to change the default and then you can select 'Windows 7'

Click 'Apply' and then 'Accept'

I then ran Ccleaner and also cleared the registry and it's working fine.

AL JAY
25-06-2012, 14:50
Thanks Mike,Im on win7 and the box was showing Windows xp, I have also installed the latest version of firefox and everything seems fine now!

Suej
25-06-2012, 15:59
Mike. The main reason is that both ff and Adobe upgraded at the same time and did not check to ensure compatability issues! I have been on all the various Forums and its all hit and miss. Wroks ok for some but not for other, like you and me. I am sick to death in trying to get an older version of Flash to work with FF so I,m sticking to using Chrome for all video and tv etc and FF, in th emain, for scripture.

Try uninstalling the updated version 11.3 Flash player and reinstalling the 10.3 version! it seems to work properly on the new version of FF Timmy!:)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

PROBLEM SOLVED (for Windows 7 users

If you have had similar problems, here's how to fix it ......

Right click on the Firefox logo and go to 'Properties'

Click on 'Compatibility' and you will see that the default is set to 'XP service pack 3'

Click the box above that to change the default and then you can select 'Windows 7'

Click 'Apply' and then 'Accept'

I then ran Ccleaner and also cleared the registry and it's working fine.

Mine also was set on XP service pack 3 so changed mine too even though it was working! It still seems fine!

cainaries
25-06-2012, 22:28
Now you've all solved this ... where is the Dungeon?

timmylish
25-06-2012, 22:47
And mine still does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!Grrrhhhhhhhhhhhh