PDA

View Full Version : Television Anyone else having a problem with their Sky signal in Tenerife?

manfred
14-06-2011, 16:25
Hi,

Is anybody having a problem with SKY Signal, as-well?
Please let me know.

Thanx

satandpcguy
14-06-2011, 18:15
Generally there tends not to be a "satellite" problem when there is a drop in signal.
Most problems are mor local and down to:
weather - cloud cover and rain clouds can reeduce the strength of signal from the satellite
dish alignment - remember they are aiming at a 100kmcubed box 23000plus kms away
dish bent or warped - so will not be focussing the siignal effieciently
dish position - dishes need clear line of sight with no of few obstructions in front of them to get the maximum signal. (if you stand in front of the dish, and look at about 30 degrees, any obstruction in your field of view will be obstructuing the signal getting to the dish)
LNB - old LNBs are not as powerful as newer LNBs.For prime focus dishes, insects like to nest inside LNBs so check this for obstructions.
cabling - old cable can break and let water in - not good for the cable, LNB or receiver.
cable connection - make sure these are not short circuiting
interferance - other signals from other satellites or mast near by

Often, if people have problems with satellite signals, it is helpful to say what channels you are experiencing the problem on, and what size dish you are using and maybe whewre you are. There are 4 satellites providing UK satellite TV, and these have a total of 7 beams. each of these beams have different receptions. All 500 or so UK TV channels are spread across these 7 beams. So saying "I have problems", if you want more help, them you will need need to be a bit more specific in which channels (and may be even which regions of BBC and ITV?). The BBC channels are on a very weak siganl so maybe every one will be experiencing that, yet BBC news is on a very strong signal and will be highly unlikely that everyone will be having issue with that channel.

tracey
14-06-2011, 20:14
We have been without TV for 3 months then I seen a link somewhere on the site (trying to find it to thank the member). myiplayer.com
Now watching telly yippeee

PS thank you to that member if you know who you are

Jackie
14-06-2011, 20:49
We have been without TV for 3 months then I seen a link somewhere on the site (trying to find it to thank the member). myiplayer.com
Now watching telly yippeee

PS thank you to that member if you know who you are

It's me, it's me:lol::lol:

tracey
14-06-2011, 21:05
Thank you Jackie and you made me smile:raspberry2:

used2bTurner
15-06-2011, 00:07
Weve got sky with a small satalite dish and have not noticed any problems today at all if thats any help.