PDA

View Full Version : I am now a Tenerifian!

penelope pitstop
26-06-2012, 09:44
It has taken me quite a while to reach this stage.

I remember on the 'old' version I had 1000's of posts if I remember correctly, but I was on it fairly regularly at the time as it was a novelty to be able to type chat on various subjects, I'd never done that before!

As we were living in Tenerife at the time we made new friends by meeting up with other members & got invited to a couple of parties. Those were the days. I really miss the Tenerife social life.

Hopefully one day we will become 'Swallows'

Until then I use the forums & we come over for holidays!

warbey
26-06-2012, 20:28
I remember feeling quite sad for You when You posted about leaving for the U.K.

then Your progress report a while later.

I also remember something about difficulties with a Flight (or two) to Tenerife later on.

I hope You are getting back on Your Feet now.

penelope pitstop
26-06-2012, 22:29
I remember feeling quite sad for You when You posted about leaving for the U.K.

then Your progress report a while later.

I also remember something about difficulties with a Flight (or two) to Tenerife later on.

I hope You are getting back on Your Feet now.

You have a good memory Warbey as that was over 3 yrs ago! How time flies even when you aren't having fun!

I'm not sure about which flights you are referring to.

I had to laugh when you said you hope I am getting on my feet now. I wish I was as I broke my ankle last month whilst on holiday in Tenerife (not drink related I hasten to add!) Not sure when I will be back on my feet, the plaster comes off on Monday!

I know you weren't referring to that though.

I have been lucky & been in work since we got back in 2009. But I left a job before we went to Tenerife on holiday last month, long story. It must have been fate as I would have been off sick when I got home for I have no idea for how long, until my ankle heals.

My OH was also in work from when we got back. He now works away 5 days a week, 70 mls from home so rents a room as it's too far to commute as he works evenings.

We have been lucky in the current financial climate. So many ex pats seem to be returning & I believe to qualify for benefits they have to take an habitual residents test. I have tried it online & I'd never have passed it!

I presume you live in Wales (which part as I have relatives in Cardiff & Neath) & visit Tenerife regularly?

Sorry to be so off topic.

tonypub
26-06-2012, 22:30
well done jaypeeps:respect:

sunseeker
27-06-2012, 12:47
congratulations.