PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone have more info on the motorcyclist's death last week?

carpenter
26-06-2012, 12:24
I heard on the news last week the story of a motorcyclist that died the same day that he had passed his/her test, or got his/her license. The accident happened in Arafo i believe and I was wondering if anyone had anymore information.

Was it just a tragic accident, how old was he/she, what size bike was it, were they wearing protective clothing? All the reporter said was that they were wearing a crash helmet.

I hate hearing of motorcycle deaths and injuries and I really would like to see more full face helmets and less shorts being worn. :pray:

Leam_Lin
26-06-2012, 14:10
Agree.
My husband is a biker & the number of people on motorbikes wearing flip flops, shorts, short sleeve t.shirts & no gloves is alarming.

carpenter
27-06-2012, 13:40
If my son ever came home with a bike i would blow it up! Dangerous horrible things.

And so are women but they make men happy! Where's the difference?

Madre
27-06-2012, 13:48
Just the way I feel about motorbikes I would never change my mind.

cinnamon
27-06-2012, 14:06
here is an article about him
http://www.universocanario.com/sucesos/tenerife/cecoes-112/guimar/accidente-de-moto/servicio-de-urgencias-canario/accidente-mortal/carretera-de-acceso-al-puertito/299203

apparently he was 19 and crashed against a lamp post....

Suej
27-06-2012, 14:14
here is an article about him
http://www.universocanario.com/sucesos/tenerife/cecoes-112/guimar/accidente-de-moto/servicio-de-urgencias-canario/accidente-mortal/carretera-de-acceso-al-puertito/299203

apparently he was 19 and crashed against a lamp post....

I always cringe when I see some of these young riders wearing little or no protective clothing! They seem to be fearless and often plain reckless! I hope a lesson will be learned by this tragic news of a young life lost! I think not though! :(

cinnamon
27-06-2012, 14:18
I always cringe when I see some of these young riders wearing little or no protective clothing! They seem to be fearless and often plain reckless! I hope a lesson will be learned by this tragic news of a young life lost! I think not though! :(

so true, just yesterday i saw a young couple on a scooter on the motorway in just shorts and short tops, sandals and though they were wearing helmets, it looked so wrong since she in the back was more concerned to hold on to their towels than onto him or the bike....

timmylish
27-06-2012, 15:53
As part of their obtaining their licence it should be obligatory for them to pay a visit to their local cemetry/crematorium to view the numerous plaques and memoria to their fallen predecessors.

carpenter
27-06-2012, 18:18
IMHO It's got nothing to do with visiting a morgue or hospital, are you honestly telling me that putting health warnings on cigarette packets makes people think twice about smoking? Even the postmortem government advertisement of a tarry lung did nothing to stop an increase in smoking..So that won't do any good....

Maybe the fact that I/we knew nothing about this accident other than "man died the day he passed test" that's it his life summed up just like that.

If the local press gave us more facts, who he was, who he has left behind, promising footballer? These things add up and you get more of a picture, and the true waste of a life hits you. You then get to feel for his relatives and friends and it promotes awareness.

You'd like to know that local police are now trying to educate the young motor cycle riders on this island to prevent the same thing happening. But we are kept in the dark by useless newspapers that fight to claim that they are bringing you the real news before the others.

One of these rags even had some girl from one of the soaps on their front page pictured on a Tenerife beach in her bikini when the big news was the fact that Spain had borrowed 100 Billion as a bail out. Who bloody cares about that silly tart? She's not going to effect my bank account is she.

I didn't start this thread to rant about the lack of protective clothing being worn by motorcyclists it's more of a case that we don't get the whole story, the newspapers need to up their game and actually start reporting instead of leaving us with "the missing page" (ref Tony Hancock.)