PDA

View Full Version : Internet New Line & ADSL Needed Fast

Staddos
26-06-2012, 17:38
Hi,

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

I need to arrange for an new line to be run to my property as well as ADSL to be installed. I am not resident in Tenerife at the moment, but normally visit the North of the Island two or three times a year. My next visit will be in circa 10 days and I will remain in Tenerife for two weeks.

Ideally I would like to have the line installed on Monday 9th July and the broadband up and running a few days later. (I know, I'm waiting for the laughter...:laugh:)

Ideally, I need the system fully operational no later than 14th July.

I have considered mobile broadband and have spoken to Tenerife Telecom who suggested Orange Everywhere. I told them I needed it for media streaming with no fair use policy, however, whilst Orange's product is technically unlimited it is throttled after 5GB down to 128 Kbps, which in my case would render the service unusable after a few hours worth of downloads. The service will need to support VOIP as well as media.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

N.B. Harlequin - Waiting for you to call me back...

grumps
26-06-2012, 19:20
Your best bet is telephonica, i signed up in the movistar shop and they came the next day with the router etc...unlike last year when it took about 6 weeks!. They have some competition now. The line was already in though, you used to have to install it yourself or pay for it. You wil need a bank account and nei number.

Rgds-grumps

pauls
26-06-2012, 23:01
I had telefonica but changed to Orange because they offered a better package and faster speed. It was a total nightmare, seemed to go on for months, getting nowhere fast, so went back to telefonica. Like the other poster said, they own the line which will be at the property, and its a lot less hassle

junglejim
26-06-2012, 23:58
I had mine installed by Movistar Shop (in San Eugenio)- 10 days , line was already available .
As stated NIE & Bank account required = have used it for I-player viewing and film downloading as well as Skype-unlimited use though suspect uploading is limited.
https://www.movistar.es/particulares/fijo/

Staddos
27-06-2012, 10:57
Thanks guys, I never got round to getting a NIF/NIE number as the general bills all go through my Father's account. I don't know if I will be able to use his NIF card or whether this is going to put a temporary spanner in the works. I do have a spanish bank account.

N.B. I've now called a local Movistar office in Puerto de la Cruz and the chap there spoke good English. Turnaround times are currently excellent and as I already have a Spanish bank account I just need to show my passport. Once again thanks for your guidance. Excellent teamwork :heyhey: