View Full Version : Pet WANTED! Staffordshire Bullterrier

Tenerifetyas
30-06-2012, 14:22
Hi are there any staffordshire bullterrier breeders in tenerife thanks

carpenter
30-06-2012, 16:10
Hi are there any staffordshire bullterrier breeders in tenerife thanks

Simple answer I don't know sorry.

I don't wish to teach you to suck eggs but the last two inquiries that you have made about dogs on this forum have both been about breeds that are on the Spanish dangerous dogs list.

This means you cannot let them off a lead, they must be muzzled when on a lead and/or in public and you must carry a license similar to a firearm license and this has to be done in Spanish. They must also be insured.

The Spanish see no difference between Pitbulls and Staffies despite Staffies being a British kennel club recommended breed for families with children.

The many shelters have dogs that you could easily call a Staffy that need a second chance and Accion del Sol have some lovely staffs there at the mo.

Good luck!

SuzyQ
01-07-2012, 02:48
Live Arico have some cracking Staffs too. Adopt dont buy :)

Tenerifetyas
01-07-2012, 09:25
A dog is only as dangerous as its owner

Megaloo
01-07-2012, 10:55

Appreciate that but the ruling in Spain on these breeds apply and you have to stick by the rules as people have already mentioned.

carpenter
01-07-2012, 10:59

It's also in the breeding!
A Newfoundland will instinctively jump in the water to rescue a drowning man. No one teaches a pointer to point a bloodhound will track.

Unfortunately despite being amazing family dogs and extremely protective Staffs are not usually very good with other dogs (it's in their breeding) and the power of their jaws is why they are on the dangerous dogs list.

Sue, despite what you say I personally would never take a Staff on from LA. You would be taking on a potential time-bomb if it came from there.

Action del Sol have an on site vet, the dogs are kept in excellent conditions and the dogs can monitored for any behavior problems. There was a story in 2010 of a refuge in the North of the island that re-homed a pitbull to a family with a baby. The pitbull killed the child whilst the mother was holding it, and the father that was the owner of the dog and the refuge's Manager were convicted of a very serious crime, possibly manslaughter or death by negligence or similar because the refuge should not have re-homed that dog unless the prospective owner possessed the correct paperwork.

Just google it I can't paste the link because of forum censorship.

So you can't just say come to LA and we'll give you a Staff (not that you did) it's a lot more complicated than that.

We have taken on several rescue dogs and all of them have come with there own problems. Sadly we had to put one down because he seriously attacked me on more than one occasion and on the final time actually put me in hospital so it is very important that dogs are kept correctly.

LA just has nearly what? 300? 400 ? dogs living in one area. This is not the way to bring up/keep a potential family pet.

Again good luck in your search for a Staffy breeder if that is what you want.

angeldrawers
01-07-2012, 12:57
carpenter you appear to dissaprove of Live Arico having so many dogs in the shelter. It is my understanding that the reason Live Arico have so many is that unlike another charity they dont discriminate on looks or breed.If the dogs are lacking in social skills when they arrive then they will soon pick them up when they are in there.They have too.Is it not a good thing that you know when you adopt from Live Arico that your new dog has mixed freely with other dogs and has doggy social skills.I hope it wasnt your intention to try to dissuade anybody from adopting from Live Arico while promoting the other charity.

carpenter
01-07-2012, 13:19
carpenter you appear to dissaprove of Live Arico having so many dogs in the shelter. It is my understanding that the reason Live Arico have so many is that unlike another charity they dont discriminate on looks or breed.If the dogs are lacking in social skills when they arrive then they will soon pick them up when they are in there.They have too.Is it not a good thing that you know when you adopt from Live Arico that your new dog has mixed freely with other dogs and has doggy social skills.I hope it wasnt your intention to try to dissuade anybody from adopting from Live Arico while promoting the other charity.

what? Have you read anything that I posted or did you just see LA and assume that I was in attack mode?
LA is in MY opinion a horrible place, but that is MY opinion and nothing to do with promoting other charities.

Putting so many dogs together doesn't promote doggy skills or socializing skills. It's a survival of the fittest. Have you been there?

Tenerifetyas
01-07-2012, 14:17
Yes i wouldnt let him off lead and would keep a mussel on him when out of house, seems to be alot of bad feeling about bull terriers in tenerife!:confused:

Suej
01-07-2012, 14:32
Yes i wouldnt let him off lead and would keep a mussel on him when out of house, seems to be alot of bad feeling about bull terriers in tenerife!:confused:

The bad feelings are towards the owners not the dogs! A lady lives close by to me has a beautiful Staffie that she walks around the back of our house, his only reason for straining at his leash while out is to get to you for a good stroke and a cuddle! but this lady still keeps him muzzled! Having said that any dog although it may be obedient has a mind of it's own so better to be safe than sorry!:)

Mawkin
01-07-2012, 14:35
I believe there is a lot of bad feeling where ever you live due in some respects to irresponsible owners.

carpenter
01-07-2012, 14:43

Blame Chav culture!

I have two bull breeds and I wouldn't own one again on this island that's for sure, I love my dogs and they are lovely dogs but what's the point of having a dog if you can't enjoy a walk with it, throw a ball etc etc

tracy hampshire
01-07-2012, 15:51
i do agree about the status of the staffie, they tend to all be classed as pitbulls up here, and are basicly paraded about by youths who want to look cool or tough, so i think it would be wise to get a dog that is not on the dangerous dog list, after all there is 1000īs of perfectly lovely dogs, just waiting for a good home at many of the refuges over here, & unfortunately the many bull terrier types are there for a reason, because of the hassle of keeping one, very sad but true.

Pets@Home
01-07-2012, 22:07
Hi all I have offered Tenerifetyas, one of droops male dogs. We are taking BANDY for him to see tomorrow. Bandy def
has the look of a Staffy, but is poss a cross. The most he will do is "crush a grape" awesome dog and hoping for a
good result tomorrow, then its just his sister to find a home.
Anyway onwards and upwards .......

SuzyQ
02-07-2012, 02:18
Heres one of our staffies, adopted out about 18 months ago. Lovely dog :)

Suej
02-07-2012, 11:20
Hi all I have offered Tenerifetyas, one of droops male dogs. We are taking BANDY for him to see tomorrow. Bandy def
has the look of a Staffy, but is poss a cross. The most he will do is "crush a grape" awesome dog and hoping for a
good result tomorrow, then its just his sister to find a home.
Anyway onwards and upwards .......

Fingers crossed for Bandy! it would be great if he could go straight to a good home! Keep us updated P@H!:pray:

caroletenerife
02-07-2012, 17:47
I get asked about the refuge a lot, and as it is difficult to get to without private transport I went up in May and took this video. x

http://youtu.be/qpSpzUYqodc

Pets@Home
02-07-2012, 21:43
Hi guys "SUCCESS" they loved him. He now has a wonderful home, with a wonderful couple, and I know he will
be loved. Only took 10 days, so very pleased, now just need a lovely home for "KUTE" alias "cutie", like her bro
she is really loving, soft, house trained, loyal, quiet, fully passported, does not bark, ideal for an apartment,
awesome little dog. Can bring her to u for u to see, no pressure, can have her for a trial, again no pressure,
she came downstairs this morning and the first thing she did was give me a BIG KISS xxxxxxxxxx

candy2411
02-07-2012, 22:02
:)that's wonderful news, well done all concerned, let's hope Kute gets a home soon as well:)

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 22:03
The problem with Staffies (I have one BTW) is that they are confused with American Pit Bulls, (bred to fight)

My 25kg baby is a beaut.

Most of the problems are caused by idiots who get dogs like this and 'make 'em hard'.

Our Frankie is as strong as an ox and as soft as a kitten and he still has his nuts (Soon to go).

Shhh. He's laying on my foot...

SuzyQ
03-07-2012, 00:53
It is a shame, their reputation goes before them.........
I was called this weekend by a guy wanting a pitbull, and its a real melon scratcher, as in many cases the person specifically looking for a pit bull is the person who should not have one. Do we agree??

slodgedad
03-07-2012, 01:09
It is a shame, their reputation goes before them.........
I was called this weekend by a guy wanting a pitbull, and its a real melon scratcher, as in many cases the person specifically looking for a pit bull is the person who should not have one. Do we agree??

Abso bloody utely.

Fantastic breed and totally abused.

They put the animals to sleep when it should (in the majority of cases) be the owners.

I get furious when I see animals like this being taunted and trained to have a go...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pets@Home
03-07-2012, 10:14
Petsathome Tenerife Anyone out there want a wonderful, loving, soft, non barking, doggie, female, abs wonderful, the bro has a new home and the owners are so pleased with him, just now need a home for sis, apart no probs as she does not bark, or destroy, or anything, fully passported and fully house trained, gorgeous, u would have to go along way to find a temprement like she has xxxxxxxxxx from "KUTE" alias "cutie" and she is ........ lol ....... trial basis is fine no probs with that .......

"BANDY NOW HAS A NEW LOVING HOME, THANKS TO SUNDOWNER FOR HIS SUPPORT TO THIS MATTER"

Suej
03-07-2012, 10:48
Well you know what they say "Give a dog a bad name" Such a shame! All the best with finding Cutie a new home! she sounds a wonderful dog!:goodluck:

droops
03-07-2012, 13:13
Hi guys "SUCCESS" they loved him. He now has a wonderful home, with a wonderful couple, and I know he will
be loved. Only took 10 days, so very pleased, now just need a lovely home for "KUTE" alias "cutie", like her bro
she is really loving, soft, house trained, loyal, quiet, fully passported, does not bark, ideal for an apartment,
awesome little dog. Can bring her to u for u to see, no pressure, can have her for a trial, again no pressure,
she came downstairs this morning and the first thing she did was give me a BIG KISS xxxxxxxxxx

That is good news. Shame Kute was left behind but I know it is only time before its her turn. She is an adorable loving girl and I miss them all.

carpenter
03-07-2012, 13:52
I'm finding myself getting so frustrated with people with limited iQ and looking through rose tinted spectacles.
Any chance this thread can be closed now as the OP has now re-homed a dog and I feel it will now deteriorate into a "good ole slanging match"

Well done for re-homing Bandy I hope to meet him/you one day.

droops
03-07-2012, 19:31
I'm finding myself getting so frustrated with people with limited iQ and looking through rose tinted spectacles.
Any chance this thread can be closed now as the OP has now re-homed a dog and I feel it will now deteriorate into a "good ole slanging match"

To all concerned please read the thread home urgently needed to read about Kute.

Pets@Home
03-07-2012, 22:49
To all concerned please read the thread home urgently needed to read about Kute.

NO dont want thread closed until Kute has found a new home.
George has a wonderful new home
Bandy has a wonderful new home

Just Kute to go now ........

carpenter
04-07-2012, 00:01
NO dont want thread closed until Kute has found a new home.
George has a wonderful new home
Bandy has a wonderful new home

Just Kute to go now ........

Sorry thought that was a different thread, it's better just to focus on just the one don't you think?

slodgedad
04-07-2012, 00:06

The OP has not asked for the thread closing so,as long as it is of relevance it remains open..

BTW: This is one of the worst off topic threads I have read.

The OP still hasn't had a reply--

Pets@Home
04-07-2012, 10:23
Hi Carpenter, this thread was started by the now owner of BRANDY, he was looking for a Staffordshire Bull Terrier
and I offered BRANDY, so yes I guess this thread can be closed by DROOPS thread to remain open until KUTE is
rehomed ....

droops
04-07-2012, 14:01
Hello to you Tenerifetyas and a big thank you for giving Bandy a new home. I hope he is behaving himself. Would it be possible to post some pics of him.I would love to see him in his new home. Thanx