PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Will Andy Murray win Wimbledon this year?

Angusjim
01-07-2012, 10:12
Will he win Wimbledon this year ? Last nights game made great exciting late night viewing so come on get behind Britain's only hope of wining a grand slam title:jump2::jump2:

junglejim
01-07-2012, 10:17
With demise of Nadal , he'll never get a better chance but personally I don't think his knee and ankles will hold out .
It was great viewing last night but had me worried with his unforced errors - Baghdatis was great value for his seeding!

candy2411
01-07-2012, 11:09
Will he win Wimbledon this year ? Last nights game made great exciting late night viewing so come on get behind Britain's only hope of wining a grand slam title:jump2::jump2:

Totally agree, last night's match was amazing viewing, think the late match with the centre court roof closed makes for a great atmosphere.
Dont know if Andy Murray can win the title , if he beats Cilic on Monday he could then come up against David Ferrer who is in the best form of his career.

Must say, thought it was very sporting of Baghdatis last night to co-operate in the speeding up of play....everyone was aware of the 11pm deadline and he could so easily have slowed things to ensure the match had to be resumed next day.I can think of a couple of big names who wouldn't have been so happy to oblige!

Suej
01-07-2012, 11:17
Andy Pandy? Win? Nah!:whistle:

candy2411
01-07-2012, 13:51
Win or lose he's still the best we've got, and number4 in the world, no mean achievement!

So, everyone back him and Believe!!! Good luck Andy, got my fridge full of goodies ready to celebrate:goodluck:

timmylish
01-07-2012, 15:03
Andy Pandy? Win? Nah!:whistle:

Oh you. Get back into yer Engerland,s cave with nae telly, internet etc. Read yer book fer anither week and come back oot next Monday, hen!
Now, now Sue. You are fishing arn,t you. Trying to get me to bite. Well there I,ve bitten but having been a shark (T/s) you,ll need a much bigger hook!
JJ. The demise of Nadal makes no difference right up to the semi-finals. Its only at that stage would he have had any effect on Murray but I do agree that from psychological point of view it might help Andy to see that here, at Wimbledon, the top 3 might just not be so invincible, ala Rafa out and the other 2 taken all the way on five setters and both having lost sets to others. I actually don,t think that Andy,s played particularly well but then he has had to overcome a real mixed bag of opponents which, in itself, might just encourage him that he is capable, which we know he, of beating anyone, on grass. Old saying, I,m afraid. One day at a time for Murray and yes, you should all be supporting him just because there is no-one else, if for no other reason!
GET IN THERE ANDY BHOY!

Jackie
01-07-2012, 16:34
In short..I hope not, can't stand him..

Suej
01-07-2012, 17:09
Oh you. Get back into yer Engerland,s cave with nae telly, internet etc. Read yer book fer anither week and come back oot next Monday, hen!
Now, now Sue. You are fishing arn,t you. Trying to get me to bite. Well there I,ve bitten but having been a shark (T/s) you,ll need a much bigger hook!
JJ. The demise of Nadal makes no difference right up to the semi-finals. Its only at that stage would he have had any effect on Murray but I do agree that from psychological point of view it might help Andy to see that here, at Wimbledon, the top 3 might just not be so invincible, ala Rafa out and the other 2 taken all the way on five setters and both having lost sets to others. I actually don,t think that Andy,s played particularly well but then he has had to overcome a real mixed bag of opponents which, in itself, might just encourage him that he is capable, which we know he, of beating anyone, on grass. Old saying, I,m afraid. One day at a time for Murray and yes, you should all be supporting him just because there is no-one else, if for no other reason!
GET IN THERE ANDY BHOY!
:laugh:.................:fishing:

Tom & Sharon
01-07-2012, 18:23
Can't stand the Englishman Murray!!!

Nadal out is the only way he'll win a major and he still won't!!!!

Tom

brightonbel
01-07-2012, 20:23
Sadly unlikely , but I hope I'm wrong ! :goodluck: Andy

cainaries
01-07-2012, 20:33
Personally thought it was a bit shoddy of Wimbledon management to force all that hype on Bhagdatis. He was obviously too much the gentleman to argue that to start a fourth set at 10.36 when they had to stop at 11.00 made no sense and he would like to stop at that point. Can't help wondering how happy the Wimbledon management would have been if it had been Bhagdatis who had won the fourth and the match. Loads of calls from people saying it wasn't fair to hurry Murray along etc etc.

He'll have to play miles better than he did last night and with a totally different attitude even to get to the final. I would love a 'Brit' to win if that Brit does us all credit.

timmylish
01-07-2012, 23:55

Tom

Tom. Out on a limb with that one. If not this week I honest;y believe that it is only a question of time before he does win one of the big four.

Shugstar63
04-07-2012, 12:55
C'moan oor Andy!!!!!
Bet on at 3-5 Murray to win today .....Easy money.:jumping:

candy2411
04-07-2012, 13:25
He's got a tough match today as David Ferrer is playing the best tennis of his life.

Really hope Andy Murray can win today, but whoever the winner is I'd love them to go on to win the Championship.

Good the're on centre court as at least there'll be no rain breaks:)

Shugstar63
04-07-2012, 16:45
Get your fingers out, Andy. I'll have no money for a beer tonight!

Oberon
04-07-2012, 16:53

TomHello Tom. Not a tennis fan then?

Andy Murray is the first British player to finish in Top 4 in the 36-year history of ATP Rankings .... and I think he’s worked for it ......
The next best British tennis player is ranked at 173 in the world.
Andy Murray is an amazing player..... not so good at playing celebrity charisma games for the media but an exceptionally good tennis player .... You are not likely to see another one that good from the UK for many years to come.

marbro8
04-07-2012, 19:16
we could have a bit of fun here by supporting whoever andy plays lol:D, na iv'e had a daft tenner on him at 7/1 to win outright hope he can do it i just wish he would smile once in a while:(

candy2411
04-07-2012, 20:32
Congratulations Andy Murray!!:jumping:

What a great match, commiserations to David Ferrer who was quite superb:tiphat:

Hopefully everyone will be right behind Andy M now .....can't understand why people love to knock him.Ok , couple of years ago he made a few comments to the media which could have been taken the wrong way, but for heavens sake, he's only 25 now so that's how young and naive he was earlier in his career.

He always speaks very graciously to the press, always a perfect gentleman giving praise to the other competitors, never whinges or makes sarcastic remarks about anyone .

It amazes me how some Brits can idolise the likes of Rooney, John Terry for example,and can't quite appreciate a real sportsman with exceptional talent when they see him and one in particular who's likely to be remembered as a legend when playing days are over.

He's No4 in the world and looked every bit of it today, so please, lets's have a bit of respect:respect:

Marita17
04-07-2012, 20:34
All I can say is 'here here' - couldn't have put it better myself !

cainaries
04-07-2012, 21:27
He's got a tough match today as David Ferrer is playing the best tennis of his life.

Really hope Andy Murray can win today, but whoever the winner is I'd love them to go on to win the Championship.

Good the're on centre court as at least there'll be no rain breaks:)

Except, of course, when they shut the roof! I cheered Ferrer all the way but ... wish Andy good luck in the next round and may be even the final. I wouldn't want to fail the 'Tebbit' test!

sunseeker
06-07-2012, 18:54
well hes in the final. come on andy!

macdonald5
06-07-2012, 19:38
well hes in the final. come on andy!

So far sooooo good Andy.............

candy2411
06-07-2012, 19:48
well done Andy Murray, what an achievement to get to the final...( first Brit since 1938 or thereabouts if the press are correct and I'm sure they are)

found it hard to watch wanted him to win so badly!

Hope he beats Federer on Sunday, but even if he doesnt he's made us all proud....!!! :jumping::goodluck::)

sunseeker
06-07-2012, 19:53
i like tennis and im happy hes in the final to represent the brits. i dont know where i would ave put myself for a nadal v murray final!!! :eek:

Harmonicaman
06-07-2012, 20:37
Well done Andy Pandy! 74 years since Bunny Austin was in the final in 1938 and 2 years before that, the great Fred Perry (not the General), won it!

Tom & Sharon
06-07-2012, 21:35
Tom. Out on a limb with that one. If not this week I honest;y believe that it is only a question of time before he does win one of the big four.

Begrudging praise now that he's in the final.

Hello Tom. Not a tennis fan then?

MMMmmm tennis fan,not really,Andy Murray fan, definately not!!!

Andy Murray is the first British player to finish in Top 4 in the 36-year history of ATP Rankings .... and I think he’s worked for it ......
The next best British tennis player is ranked at 173 in the world.
Andy Murray is an amazing player..... not so good at playing celebrity charisma games for the media but an exceptionally good tennis player .... You are not likely to see another one that good from the UK for many years to come.

smigster
06-07-2012, 22:29
hope not boring git

cainaries
06-07-2012, 22:32
hope not boring git

Read this week of someone who went for a coffee with Federer and he didn't say a word in half an hour. So boring meets boring may be. Not asking for conversation, just tennis.

slodgedad
07-07-2012, 01:04
Just because he doesn't want to play the 'celeb' game he's classed as a 'boring git'

Why don't people just admire the talent of this athlete?

I, for one, am fed up with the 'celebs' in sport.

Just leave them alone and let them get on with what they are good at.

C'mon, Andy...

junglejim
07-07-2012, 08:06
Armchair booked for tomorrow's final - Murray has shown a lot more consistency this year but will have to be at top of his game to overcome Federer !
Federer destroyed Djokovic in final set yesterday with amazing tennis - Andy has beaten him several times before , so the opportunity is there to complete an amazing journey .
I hope he does it and fulfills his and many others dreams !

Angusjim
07-07-2012, 08:26
COME ON ANDY :jumping::jumping:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hope not boring git
Well you would know about boring coming from Rotherham :bootyshake::crazy:

Harmonicaman
07-07-2012, 11:59

Jackie
07-07-2012, 17:45
Come on Federer..sorry still can't stand Murray..

Oberon
07-07-2012, 18:25
hope not boring gitLove to meet you

henry
07-07-2012, 19:28
i donīt follow tennis have too much sex in it. lol!!! but i whould said i think andy whould win. now you asking yourshelf. henry tennis too much sex?? what are you talking about. to reply yes it have to much sex in the matches. everytime a player hit the ball they grunt aghhh!! then the other player owww!!! and etc and etc. so you see too much sex in tennis lol!!! hahahahahahahah just joking aside it sound like a good game i might watch it.....

sunseeker
07-07-2012, 19:50
rooting for andy tomorow

timmylish
07-07-2012, 19:53
Well, as the anti-Murray, English ladies fraternity on here will tell, I have been his most persistant admirer sine the first thread about on the Forum. Whether he wins to-morrow or whether he does not NO-ONE can take back what he has done to carry BRITISH SPORT on his shoulders for the last few years. With the exception of young Hamilton in F1 (I am a great lover of his style and ability) I honestly cannot think of individual, outstanding sporting achievements representing the UK. To-morrow may be a watershed and it might not but Murray,s day will come again and again for the next 4 to 5 years.
Go get him bhoy. You have nowt to lose by having a real go.

golf birdie
07-07-2012, 20:42
Well, as the anti-Murray, English ladies fraternity on here will tell, I have been his most persistant admirer sine the first thread about on the Forum. Whether he wins to-morrow or whether he does not NO-ONE can take back what he has done to carry BRITISH SPORT on his shoulders for the last few years. With the exception of young Hamilton in F1 (I am a great lover of his style and ability) I honestly cannot think of individual, outstanding sporting achievements representing the UK. To-morrow may be a watershed and it might not but Murray,s day will come again and again for the next 4 to 5 years.
Go get him bhoy. You have nowt to lose by having a real go.

I think Rory Mcllroy and Graeham McDowell may have something to say about that. Also Amir Khan and a lot of Team GB have done a lot to fly the flag.

candy2411
07-07-2012, 22:02
I think Rory Mcllroy and Graeham McDowell may have something to say about that. Also Amir Khan and a lot of Team GB have done a lot to fly the flag.

not forgetting Lee Westwood and Darren Clarke....

Harmonicaman
07-07-2012, 22:06

not forgetting Lee Westwood and Darren Clarke....

That's the whole point though...Look how many names you have mentioned of winners/finalists in the last decade. Murray has got where no-one else has for 74 years!

candy2411
07-07-2012, 22:24
That's the whole point though...Look how many names you have mentioned of winners/finalists in the last decade. Murray has got where no-one else has for 74 years!

Yes it seems we have a wealth of talent among the golfers, but how wonderful we already have a Brit champion at Wimbledon already.Congratulations to Jonathan Marray who tonight with his partner won the Mens Doubles Championship, apparently the first Brit to win this since 1936. Is this an omen or what ?? Good luck tomorrow Andy Murray, I think the whole country is behind you:goodluck:

golf birdie
08-07-2012, 09:34

the fault for that lies with the people in charge of coaching tennis. The chances of coming from an estate to become champion is nil.

Angusjim
08-07-2012, 11:16
the fault for that lies with the people in charge of coaching tennis. The chances of coming from an estate to become champion is nil.
And quite right too we don't want the rif raf getting above their station old chap.:nono::laugh:

golf birdie
08-07-2012, 11:25
[/B]
And quite right too we don't want the rif raf getting above their station old chap.:nono::laugh:

That is so true when it comes to tennis.

Davie Thistle
08-07-2012, 12:13
:sleeping:

:snore:

:zzz:

:crylaughing:

Jackie
08-07-2012, 18:16
Timmylish what can I say:bootyshake:.....Nice one Rog:laugh:

Harmonicaman
08-07-2012, 18:18
Hard lines Andy. Beaten with a better man. Fedderer was fantastic!

macdonald5
08-07-2012, 18:20
Hard lines Andy. Beaten with a better man. Fedderer was fantastic!

Well done Andy!!
Beaten this time but you got nearer than most!!!!

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2012, 18:38

Tom

Sorry timmylish,he's the Tim Henman of Scotland!!

Hope you enjoyed the tennis anyway.

Suej
08-07-2012, 18:46
Federa is King! even when all the support was for Murray he still stayed in control and played fantastic tennis! Well done to him!:king:

Davie Thistle
08-07-2012, 18:47
..........typikal Scotland,
winning 1-0 ten mins to go and get beaten 2-1!!!!
rolleyes2:

garlicbread
08-07-2012, 18:49
I have never been a Murray fan but he did himself a great deal of favours today.

First of all he played extremely well and would have beaten anyone else today and secondly the humility he showed in defeat was absolutely superb. He WILL win a Grand Slam at some point soon and the detractors like T & S and the Essex bird should quit watching him if they don't like him.

Roger is a genius but well done Andy Murray.

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2012, 18:51
I have never been a Murray fan but he did himself a great deal of favours today.

First of all he played extremely well and would have beaten anyone else today and secondly the humility he showed in defeat was absolutely superb. He WILL win a Grand Slam at some point soon and the detractors like T & S and the Essex bird should quit watching him if they don't like him.

What makes you think i watched it,i didn't actually.....................

And he still won't win a major..............................:devil2:

Tom

Jackie
08-07-2012, 19:15

I take it 'the Essex bird' is me. I love that title lol. I wasn't actually watching Murray, I was watching Federer whip his sorry ar5e., and sorry but even the tears at the end did nothing for me. Now normally when a man cries it does have a bit of appeal some how, when it's genuine that is not when it's self pity.

warbey
08-07-2012, 19:27

I'm not going to hold My Breath....

garlicbread
08-07-2012, 19:31
I take it 'the Essex bird' is me. I love that title lol. I wasn't actually watching Murray, I was watching Federer whip his sorry ar5e., and sorry but even the tears at the end did nothing for me. Now normally when a man cries it does have a bit of appeal some how, when it's genuine that is not when it's self pity.

If the cap fits...............;););)

But there again the Essex over 50 "ladies" won the LTA championship last year, perhaps you were in the team:respect:

Suej
08-07-2012, 19:34

What I thought was very unsporting of Murray was to leave his runners up tea tray on the seat at the side of the court! it is not a worthless trophy and he should have had a bit more respect. :nono:

Jackie
08-07-2012, 19:36
What I thought was very unsporting of Murray was to leave his runners up tea tray on the seat at the side of the court! it is not a worthless trophy and he should have had a bit more respect. :nono:

That's what you call a bad loser Sue haha.

warbey
08-07-2012, 19:38
That's what you call a bad loser Sue haha.

Perhaps He couldnt see through the Tears Jackie.?

barbaraB
08-07-2012, 19:38
Sooooooooooo who won been trying to find out for ages ?????????????????????

CaribeCelt
08-07-2012, 19:43

It is worthless to him...he wanted the big gold cup...but only top sports people have that mentality.
He done Scotland proud,well done Murray.

Jackie
08-07-2012, 19:51
If the cap fits...............;););)

But there again the Essex over 50 "ladies" won the LTA championship last year, perhaps you were in the team:respect:

I might have been if I was a Lady ;)

candy2411
08-07-2012, 21:21
It is worthless to him...he wanted the big gold cup...but only top sports people have that mentality.
He done Scotland proud,well done Murray.

Well done Andy Murray ! you played superbly and it was only the genius of Federer that was capable of beating you today.

The whole of Great Britain was proud of you today, not just Scotland. The mere fact that you were a finalist, the only Brit in the last seventy odd years to reach that , gives you a place in the history books and you should be very, very proud.

The very gracious speech you gave was articulate and emotional and only an extremely cold, hard hearted person could not fail to be moved by the occasion.

You will be a Grand Slam Winner one day, but for now you're a winner in every other sense of the word!:respect:

Jackie
08-07-2012, 21:37
Well done Andy Murray ! you played superbly and it was only the genius of Federer that was capable of beating you today.

The whole of Great Britain was proud of you today, not just Scotland. The mere fact that you were a finalist, the only Brit in the last seventy odd years to reach that , gives you a place in the history books and you should be very, very proud.

The very gracious speech you gave was articulate and emotional and only an extremely cold, hard hearted person could not fail to be moved by the occasion.

You will be a Grand Slam Winner one day, but for now you're a winner in every other sense of the word!:respect:

Guess that's me then lol... sorry I don't like him and never have and it doesn't matter what he wins (if ever) or what he loses nothing will change my mind. He's always said he's Scottish NOT British. A lot of people will say he was young and naive when he said it and we should forgive him but add that to the fact he said he would rather any Country win the world Cup other than England only two years ago doesn't go down too well in my books for someone who wants British support..just my opinion which I believe I am entitled to...

Peterrayner
08-07-2012, 21:51
Dont like the guy ! (Its got nothing to do with him being Scottish.)

He is a spoilt mummys boy with all the advantages in the world and its still not enough.

Today was his best chance. The winner is THIRTY.

He is only 24 (I think) so time is on his side and he may yet win a Masters.

My advice for what its worth.

Ban mummy from the stands and stick with Ivan as coach.

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2012, 21:51
Here you go Jackie..............Anyone but England indeed!!

http://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/featuredarticles/murray.php

Tom :tiphat:

CaribeCelt
09-07-2012, 02:16
Guess that's me then lol... sorry I don't like him and never have and it doesn't matter what he wins (if ever) or what he loses nothing will change my mind. He's always said he's Scottish NOT British. A lot of people will say he was young and naive when he said it and we should forgive him but add that to the fact he said he would rather any Country win the world Cup other than England only two years ago doesn't go down too well in my books for someone who wants British support..just my opinion which I believe I am entitled to...

What do you mean forgive him?
He is Scottish,thats a fact of life!....Do you want him to denounce his Scottish nationality and become some uber British fanatic?
And when did Andy ever come out and ask for British support?
It seems the other way around to me...It looks like the English media jumped on the bandwagon and called him British whether he considers himself British or not.

Peterrayner
09-07-2012, 06:14
The question of his nationality is largely irrelevant IMHO.

Wimbledon is not a team event, therefore in my book Murray is neither a GB or a Scottish player.

He might be a player who happens to be Scottish.

I dont recall anyone raising the question of Fedderer`s nationality either now or the other 6 times.

Jackie
09-07-2012, 06:50
What do you mean forgive him?
He is Scottish,thats a fact of life!....Do you want him to denounce his Scottish nationality and become some uber British fanatic?
And when did Andy ever come out and ask for British support?
It seems the other way around to me...It looks like the English media jumped on the bandwagon and called him British whether he considers himself British or not.

In one of his first interviews he announced he was Scottish and not British, which in my opinion did him no favours. You very rarely see Wimledon full of Scots so if it wasn't for the BRITISH who would support him there. I'm glad he's Scottish because I would be ashamed to call him English or even British...they can keep him.

Oberon
09-07-2012, 08:13
Sorry timmylish,he's the Tim Henman of Scotland!!
Another great tennis player ..... not that you'd know anything about it.

What makes you think i watched it,i didn't actually.....................

TomNot surprising.

So how do you get to be such an opinionated expert?

............ sorry I don't like him and never have and it doesn't matter what he wins (if ever) or what he loses nothing will change my mind. He's always said he's Scottish NOT British. Not a lot to do with tennis here either.

In one of his first interviews he announced he was Scottish and not British, which in my opinion did him no favours. You very rarely see Wimledon full of Scots so if it wasn't for the BRITISH who would support him there. I'm glad he's Scottish because I would be ashamed to call him English or even British...they can keep him.What are you like?

golf birdie
09-07-2012, 09:34
with the coach he now has he will win many a major in the next 5 years. He just needs to become more ruthless. His game is up there with anyones, just needs to pick his shots better.

Tom & Sharon
09-07-2012, 09:38
[QUOTE=Oberon;195989]Another great tennis player ..... not that you'd know anything about it.

Not surprising.

So how do you get to be such an opinionated expert?

Open forum,entitled to an opinion which I have given.....
The OP asked will Andy Murray win this years Wimbledon and I said NO and was correct.................Simples :D

timmylish
09-07-2012, 15:26

He is a spoilt mummys boy with all the advantages in the world and its still not enough.

All what advantages. His and his brother,s tennis education were paid for entirely by their parents, meant selling their matrimonial home in Dunblane and eventually cost the couple their marriage as a lad of 13 could not go living in a foreign country and Judy had to go with him or would you have him go alone? Mummy has been his coach AND manager. Looking after him on court but also his bank a/c. She must have some ability if she is the British Federation Cup captain (manager).

Jackie
09-07-2012, 16:55
Oberon I couldn't care less if he plays tennis, football or strip poker or even what nationality he is I don't like him as a person.
Just because he is the first 'Brit' to reach the finals in 74 years does that also mean that everyone has to support him????

Suej
09-07-2012, 17:54
Oberon I couldn't care less if he plays tennis, football or strip poker or even what nationality he is I don't like him as a person.
Just because he is the first 'Brit' to reach the finals in 74 years does that also mean that everyone has to support him????

Perhaps you should start a thread Jackie! "What sportsman can't you stand?" cos I'm sure that everyone has someone they just can't bear to look at or watch! I don't like Murray much either! but also can't tolerate watching Cristiano Ronaldo!!!:gun:

:hide::run:

candy2411
09-07-2012, 18:00
I don't think for a moment Andy Murray would be at all bothered or care that certain people on this forum don't support him.As far as the UK is concerned he's got all the support he needs and certainly will have in a couple of weeks time when the Olympics start.

Maybe some expats are just too detached to appreciate the feeling throughout the Uk for Andy Murray as a great sportsman.

Not quite sure where the 'don't like him as a person' comes from when I guess you don't know him or have ever met him??????

You'll be telling us next what a great person John Terry is!!!:whistle:

Jackie
09-07-2012, 18:23
I don't think for a moment Andy Murray would be at all bothered or care that certain people on this forum don't support him.As far as the UK is concerned he's got all the support he needs and certainly will have in a couple of weeks time when the Olympics start.

Maybe some expats are just too detached to appreciate the feeling throughout the Uk for Andy Murray as a great sportsman.

Not quite sure where the 'don't like him as a person' comes from when I guess you don't know him or have ever met him??????

You'll be telling us next what a great person John Terry is!!!:whistle:

I don't like the way he comes across, that's all there is to it. As for JT you'l have to ask his team mates wives ;)

Peterrayner
09-07-2012, 18:38
Of course Murray has had an advantage regardless of who provided it, or even why for that matter.

The fact that she was his coach and manager says everything for me.

If he sticks with Lendil from now on he might have a better chance.

Angusjim
10-07-2012, 09:34

Do not know how you come up with the idea about all the advantages in the world. He is not from a priviledged back ground his parents did what they could and then some more to help him succeed. If your kids had an exceptional talent at a sport would you not do everything to help them succeed ?

candy2411
10-07-2012, 10:33
Do not know how you come up with the idea about all the advantages in the world. He is not from a priviledged back ground his parents did what they could and then some more to help him succeed. If your kids had an exceptional talent at a sport would you not do everything to help them succeed ?

Of course they would. I suspect there's a bit of green-eyed monster around, whether its Murray's youth, wealth, talent, jet-setting lifestyle, who knows?

The fact is ,nothing's been handed to him on a plate. His family made financial sacrifices to enable him to pursue the sport he's devoted his life to, he's worked hard to get to this stage in his life, it didn't happen overnight and he deserves the credit and respect for being one of our finest sportsmen.

Peterrayner
10-07-2012, 11:32
I repeat HE has had all the advantages his parents could provide.

Fair play to them but we are talking about Murray and if he will win.

Clearly he hasnt yet but might.... IF IN MY OPINION he sticks with his current coach.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Not jelous at all. Just dont like the guy.

He might be one of your greatest sportsmen but IMHO he is miles off that, behind even Marry who plays with a smile and is worth supporting.

Oberon
05-08-2012, 11:37
Well ...... I have a feeling he may win at Wimbledon this year after all.

He can do it, he is playing so well at the moment ..... beat Djokovic in the semi finals. Final today ..... another gold for the UK?

Federer won't go down easily .... the only thing he's never won is an Olympic gold and he wants it.

Murray is also in the final of the mixed doubles.
2 possible golds.

anegib
05-08-2012, 13:07
I think he deserves to win the Gold Medal. Go Murray!

Oberon
05-08-2012, 15:26
HE'S on FIRE

melm
05-08-2012, 16:35
YES......................well done Andy great result

Rickiebear
05-08-2012, 16:52
Great, can he make it two?

macdonald5
05-08-2012, 17:12
Great game Andy, very well done
One down another would be superb!!!!

melm
05-08-2012, 18:54
No luck there....still they did well to reach the finals.

KirstyJay
05-08-2012, 19:56
Hooray! Fantastic result for Andy, shame about the mixed doubles.

for anyone that missed the medal giving at the tennis, as we did because TDP switched to a different sport, you can see it on iPlayer :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lpnrp/Olympics_London_2012_BBC_One_Day_9_13.3016.00/

The last game is at about 2:37 and the medals at 2:52 if you want to fast forward.

:)

slodgedad
06-08-2012, 02:32
Must have been a bit of a struggle.

Full on match against his nemesis, cup of tea and a shower and then another final.

garlicbread
06-08-2012, 10:59
Congratulations to Andy the Brit on getting a gold medal

Commiserations to the Andy the Scot on his silver ;);)

Malteser Monkey
06-08-2012, 11:18
Congratulations to Andy the Brit on getting a gold medal

Commiserations to the Andy the Scot on his silver ;);)

:eek::hide::hide::hide:

sunseeker
07-08-2012, 16:18
i loved watching andy finally win at wimbledon. :)

cainaries
07-08-2012, 16:43
Some kind mod could change the title of this thread to ask if he will win at Wimbledon in 2013. Hope so. Meantimes, the US Open starts soon and Rafa is back (so I'm told)!

Harmonicaman
08-09-2012, 20:08
Andy is now 2 sets up to 1 against Berdych in US Open. Go Andy!

cainaries
08-09-2012, 21:54
Andy is now 2 sets up to 1 against Berdych in US Open. Go Andy!

Well, he won the semi. I think the gales should probably win the Open this year with mere humans coming second.

And did I imagine it or did he show us his knickers? I know Serena does this on a regular basis but I didn't expect it from Andy.:D:bootyshake: