PDA

View Full Version : Which is the cheapest way for disabled airport transfer in Tenerife?

silurian
01-07-2012, 18:45
Hello,

My wife and I are coming to Tenerife on Friday 20th July for 15 nights coming back on Saturday 4th August.

Looking for airport transfers for us, luggage and my motorised wheelchair I have been quoted 90EU from LeRo, and 65EU from Orange badge for return transfers. :(

This seems really expensive when I see Taxis being talked about here for 20EU each way.

Could anybody point me in the direction of a cheaper alternative for us than the two I found please?

Contact details or links are fine and I will look them up myself.

Thanks for your help with this.

Kind Regards

Mike

junglejim
01-07-2012, 19:05
A taxi from Airport to Las Americas will be around €25 one way , there area few minbus taxis that are available at airport that will accomodate a motorised wheelchair , the rank guy will call one up to the rank .
I don't think the Orange badge price is that bad though for a pre-booked hire.

deepdivejunkie
01-07-2012, 19:09
(This is a reply from my wife... User Deepdivejunkie)
I am an Auxiliary nurse and have worked with Orange badge for a number of years now and can highly recommend them. They are reliable and punctual. 65 euros is very good. If you wish for a special municipal taxi you will have to ask for one on arrival, probably have to wait for it and they may not help you when you off load when you get to your destination. Orange Badge will track your flight so will be there waiting for you.
Regards,
Samantha
http://www.homecaretenerife.eu

silurian
12-07-2012, 19:07
Thank you for the advice and replies.

We have booked with Orange badge. We didn't want to leave anything to chance. Our worst nightmare would be being stranded at the airport.

Weather in UK is terrible and we can't wait to arrive on the 20th for some warmth and sun.

We have a couple of mornings booked to view property too. We want to buy our own place in Tenerife for the future.

Thanks again.

Mike

karinagal
12-07-2012, 20:44
Good luck Mike, and happy house hunting! I can honestly say that buying our apartment has been the best thing we've done for many years. It's wonderful to have that to look forward to, takes some of the pain out of working!

The undisputed queen of de-nial

lesbroz
12-07-2012, 20:52
Good Luck to you both. A home in Tenerife is priceless, particularly with the weather in the UK.

silurian
01-08-2012, 22:49
Well sadly only 3 days left before we go home. Having a great time as usual.

Unfortunately we haven't found a suitable property for us this time around but we will keep looking.

Meant to try and meet a few forum members while we are here too but time has slipt away from us before I even got the invitation out!

Never mind always next time.

I have to say Orange were great getting us to our apartment. I just need to remind them to pick us up on Saturday to take us back to the airport! lol

Till next time.

Kind Regards

Mike