PDA

View Full Version : Internet Who is currently the best broadband provider in Tenerife?

fesdie
01-07-2012, 20:54
Hi, I'm moving into new property on Friday and need to get a good Internet connection ASAP. I have read previous threads but couldn't find anything too recent and I think the situation changes all the time?
The property has a landline.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

timmylish
01-07-2012, 23:51
TELEFONICA.
No matter what people say about cheaper pricing, better service and general down and up load speeds no-one on here has proven a better alternative. And yes there has been endless threads, too many to recall but they all come back to the same provider. TELEFONICA!

fesdie
02-07-2012, 13:25
TELEFONICA.
No matter what people say about cheaper pricing, better service and general down and up load speeds no-one on here has proven a better alternative. And yes there has been endless threads, too many to recall but they all come back to the same provider. TELEFONICA!

Thanks for that, heres hoping it all goes smoothly!

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 15:47
I am not with Telefonica but have heard so many good reports about them lately I am seriously considering going back to them.

They finally seem to have got their act together.

junglejim
02-07-2012, 15:52
Go to Movistar shop they will arrange it for Telefonica , take passport & or NIE and proof of bank account and present telephone number.
€34 per month for line &ADSL - free local& Natiional calls and 6Mb/s.
http://www.telefonica.es/portada/index.html

Heffalumpy
02-07-2012, 16:43
Telefonica ..

I get 8mb !!

fesdie
02-07-2012, 17:10
Go to Movistar shop they will arrange it for Telefonica , take passport & or NIE and proof of bank account and present telephone number.
€34 per month for line &ADSL - free local& Natiional calls and 6Mb/s.
http://www.telefonica.es/portada/index.html
That's great information, thanks. Where abouts is the Movistar shop?

junglejim
02-07-2012, 17:46
Depends where you're staying - Movistar shops are everywhere in Cristianos , Las Americas, San Eugenio .

fesdie
02-07-2012, 17:54
Depends where you're staying - Movistar shops are everywhere in Cristianos , Las Americas, San Eugenio .

That's great thanks, we are near Los Chris so will be no problem. :)

junglejim
02-07-2012, 17:57
That's great thanks, we are near Los Chris so will be no problem. :)

This looks like nearest
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tiendas+Movistar+Playa+de+las+americas+Tene rife&ie=UTF8&ll=28.051161,-16.717597&spn=0.002343,0.005284&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=tiendas+Movistar&hnear=0xc6a99d4c78ea041:0xa0340f674cfcec0,Playa+de +las+Am%C3%A9ricas,+Arona,+Spain&cid=0,0,14957433423543409544&t=m&z=18

fesdie
02-07-2012, 18:47
This looks like nearest
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tiendas+Movistar+Playa+de+las+americas+Tene rife&ie=UTF8&ll=28.051161,-16.717597&spn=0.002343,0.005284&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=tiendas+Movistar&hnear=0xc6a99d4c78ea041:0xa0340f674cfcec0,Playa+de +las+Am%C3%A9ricas,+Arona,+Spain&cid=0,0,14957433423543409544&t=m&z=18

Fantastic, thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated, 1 less thing on the to do list!!

Buffness
03-09-2012, 18:49
Definitely Movistar ! ( at the moment)

After our long history with Telefonica’s bad customer service and months struggling with several useless USB dongles (cough - Vodafone!) , this is what happened today:

1. 11 am - at the Movistar Shop in Los C : signed up for their 19.99 ADSL package . Asked the assistant when the installation will be done. She said in two days but possibly tomorrow. Thought “yea right, not in Tenerife!" , but Gracias!:pray:

2. At 4.45pm we got a call from the Movistar Engineer . He asked if we had an installation scheduled with Movistar , we said yes . He then asked if we would like the installation done today.We were like "hell yeah!" ...or rather “yes please, kind Sir" . All in Spanish, of course.

3. 5.15pm – Movistar engineer arrived . Imagine our excitement. Guess what ? This was the same Telefonica dude that used to connect ( and disconnect ) our Telefonica service . He remembered us quite well . We paid complements to his new Movistar uniform . We offered him all sorts!

So we just sat there thinking ….Are we still in Tenerife …same day service? Has CHANGE come to Tenerife?! …Will he just walk around for an hour , tell us “ dere ees a problem” , and then just leave like he used to back in the Telefonica days?

4. Alas , no ! 5.45pm – All done! …Super fast ADSL internet connection in a day …in Tenerife! ( well.. 9MB compared to a USB dongle speed is crazy fast). We are cooking on GAS! :c2:

If anyone else has experienced great service in Tenerife….please share!

KirstyJay
03-09-2012, 22:17
Definitely Movistar ! ( at the moment)

After our long history with Telefonica’s bad customer service and months struggling with several useless USB dongles (cough - Vodafone!) , this is what happened today:

1. 11 am - at the Movistar Shop in Los C : signed up for their 19.99 ADSL package . Asked the assistant when the installation will be done. She said in two days but possibly tomorrow. Thought “yea right, not in Tenerife!" , but Gracias!:pray:

2. At 4.45pm we got a call from the Movistar Engineer . He asked if we had an installation scheduled with Movistar , we said yes . He then asked if we would like the installation done today.We were like "hell yeah!" ...or rather “yes please, kind Sir" . All in Spanish, of course.

3. 5.15pm – Movistar engineer arrived . Imagine our excitement. Guess what ? This was the same Telefonica dude that used to connect ( and disconnect ) our Telefonica service . He remembered us quite well . We paid complements to his new Movistar uniform . We offered him all sorts!

So we just sat there thinking ….Are we still in Tenerife …same day service? Has CHANGE come to Tenerife?! …Will he just walk around for an hour , tell us “ dere ees a problem” , and then just leave like he used to back in the Telefonica days?

4. Alas , no ! 5.45pm – All done! …Super fast ADSL internet connection in a day …in Tenerife! ( well.. 9MB compared to a USB dongle speed is crazy fast). We are cooking on GAS! :c2:

If anyone else has experienced great service in Tenerife….please share!We've also just received our router today, after a week away, they noted the date we arrived back and my shiny new router is downstairs. I'm just waiting for my connection to disappear today, before installing the new one. :) We have swapped back to Movistar from Direct Telecom, because we can only get 1mb where we live anyway, and I am paying 15€ per month less for the same speed, so why the hell not :) It's a 180€ a year saving. We're gonna get GolTV instead ;)

footiefan
03-09-2012, 23:26
when changed from another company to movistar was told it could take up to 2 weeks to get connected because it was the 1st of august and the spanish liked there holidays, ok i thought 2 weeks for here not bad, 24 hours later phone call from movistar what time will you be at home, gave the answer, arrived at that time to be greeted by engineer who took 10 mins to install my router etc signed the form and off he went, thanks to movistar and their new found customer service i`m sending emails etc etc within 24 hours and not 2 weeks as originally told.