PDA

View Full Version : How do I access my stored messages?

TheSaint
02-07-2012, 20:17
Please can someone assist me with a simple question. On this site, in my Inbox How do I access my stored messages.

Sorry to be dumb but I can't find the magic button! LOL!

BobMac
02-07-2012, 20:28
Please can someone assist me with a simple question. On this site, in my Inbox How do I access my stored messages.

Sorry to be dumb but I can't find the magic button! LOL!

At the top of the screen beside your name, click the Notifications button and go to your Inbox

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 20:29
Go into your 'notifications' and click 'Received'.

This should show saved messages as opposed to sent and received.

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 20:31
At the top of the screen beside your name, click the Notifications button and go to your Inbox

Sorry, I thought you meant saved and not current..

TheSaint
02-07-2012, 20:45
When I select "notification" the only option on the drop down is "INBOX" . No option for "Received"
In the Inbox it shows 2 active messages which I can access and says there are 15 Stored which I can't access, It gives me the option to empty the Inbox but that will I assume delete the two active messages as well.

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 20:51
You won't have the received option if you haven't yet saved.

Click on Empty and you should get the option to save or delete

TheSaint
02-07-2012, 20:54
Aha! Ok I was clearly too fainthearted!

OK will do , Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

AAhhhhhh! Ive done that and not only did no option to save come up, but now I have lost my two messages and the inbox STILL has 13 stored messages even though I have trued the EMPTY option!

KirstyJay
02-07-2012, 22:27
Aha! Ok I was clearly too fainthearted!

OK will do , Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

AAhhhhhh! Ive done that and not only did no option to save come up, but now I have lost my two messages and the inbox STILL has 13 stored messages even though I have trued the EMPTY option!
They may be in your 'sent' folder, if you have the option selected in your settings to save all sent messages.

TheSaint
03-07-2012, 09:00
Thank You KirstyJay, Thats it! It never occurred to me that Sent messages would have been in the same folder as InBox.

Mystery solved

KirstyJay
08-07-2012, 20:10
Glad to hear it's sorted

supertramp
14-01-2013, 00:32
Is it possible to increase the number of saved messages from 25 to 50 or 100, or archive them so they are not lost?

Thanks, ST

KirstyJay
14-01-2013, 09:07
Is it possible to increase the number of saved messages from 25 to 50 or 100, or archive them so they are not lost?

Thanks, ST

Yes, there is an option to download all your messages in your message area. If you can't find it, see the forum FAQ in the main menu and follow the instructions there.

The only way you can increase your message capacity is by contributing more to the forum. As your usertitle increases, so too does your message capacity.