PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone put me in touch with the owners of large private gardens?

Linsey
03-07-2012, 09:57
I'm considering a new venture on Tenerife and want to get in touch with the owners of large, well-landscaped private gardens. Can anyone help?

I've considered asking some landscaping companies, they need to speak English though. If anyone can help me with this that would also be great.

Any other suggestions also greatly appreciated - large garden centre contact details, horticultural groups (if they exist), etc.

I've found this photo on Flikr and would really like to contact the owners - anyone know the address?

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/abbietabbie/2575785386/

KirstyJay
14-07-2012, 12:21
The info under the photo says that they are in Santa Cruz and that the gardens are big, so maybe they'd be visible on Google Earth in that area...?

That's the only thing I can suggest. Maybe someone else will have better info :)

canarybird
14-07-2012, 17:47
Linsey I don't know that garden but have sent you via PM the name of a person who may know.

I hope you have luck with your project.

Canarybird

tmfkahs
14-07-2012, 19:41
I don't want to rain on your parade, but this garden is so not typical of any garden here.

It states on the flickriver photo details, that the German owned garden in Santa Cruz (which it can't be as it is above other land)is bigger than the Botanical Garden in Santa Cruz. It may be between La Laguna and Puerto de la Cruz, and unfortunately, this is amongst the most non-English speaking areas In Tenerife.

The SCBG is 55.000m2. In my experience here, anything over 1.000m2 is 'farmed' not gardened and the only other places I have seen so much water is in the water parks, loro parque and agricultural water reservoirs.

However, good luck with your project and, as there are many keen gardeners/plants people here, please can you let us know how you progress?

If you would like to use my 1.800m2 as a promotional (free of charge) makeover project you will be very welcome.

Best regards

tmfkahs

Linsey
22-07-2012, 20:20
Thanks for your help. I've replied to your PM and will keep you posted.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your input. If I ever get the chance you're first on my list for a makeover! I'd love to work in Tenerife, so watch this space.