PDA

View Full Version : What is Winter Gardens like on the Golf del Sur, Tenerife?

tommo123
14-06-2011, 19:18
Hi, we are looking at an apartment in the Winter Gardens complex Golf Del Sur for a holiday home.
Anyone got advice on this complex/area ??

Tom & Sharon
14-06-2011, 19:27
Hi, we are looking at an apartment in the Winter Gardens complex Golf Del Sur for a holiday home.
Anyone got advice on this complex/area ??

It's a lovely complex, very well maintained and highly sought after. It is a residential complex (see other thread) so is illegal to rent out on a short term basis, but plenty do at the moment. This may change shortly though.

In the winter months, it is full of older residents and long term renters. Many come for the winter year after year. On site facilities are excellent, with the bowling green, a cafe bar and very good restaurant. The pool and general areas are smart and well kept. The area around has many bars and restaurants, a marina and lovely coastal walks.

If you are in the market for a quality holiday home, and you don't want to be surrounded by 18-30's, then this is the complex for you.

karinagal
14-06-2011, 22:19
I agree, the complex looks the biz and the restaurant and bistro are excellent - I've eaten in them both, on more than one occasion (but not both on the same night!! ;) )

CIM
15-06-2011, 00:05
Would agree with whats been said. nice complex, well maintained etc. Check community fees though and get a copy of the last AGM. I sold an apartment on there and there were some discrepancies between what the owner told me and what appeared on the minutes so best to make sure yourself rather than taking anyone's word for it.
Also looked at rental options and whilst the cost to rent on there is high (meaning potentially good income for owners), the agents seem to take quite a large chunk of that income. Cant remember the exact figures now but percentage wise it was a hell of a lot. Prices have fallen on there (as well as most places) over the past 18 months so shop around or wait for a real bargain to pop up.