PDA

View Full Version : Other Extreme Sport Bailout Tax Will Be Passed To Deceased’s Relatives

Goldenmaniac
04-07-2012, 10:36
A new law which came into effect on the 1st July means the families of anyone who dies in the Canary Islands during a rescue from, or as a result of injuries sustained in accidents involving so-called extreme sports, are still liable to pay for the cost of emergency services and medical attention provided.

The “bailout” tax is payable in cases where the recreational or sporting activity involves risk or danger and/or the accident is the result of imprudent behaviour such as being poorly equipped, or failure to observe regulations or emergency signals.

Charges, which are initially the responsibility of the victim, can range up to a maximum of 12 thousand euros depending on..
more here.
http://newsinthesun.com/?p=9027

ribuck
04-07-2012, 13:25
It seems reasonable actually. If I'm climbing Teide and I fall, why should taxpayers pay for my rescue?

Skeggy
04-07-2012, 14:55
It seems reasonable actually. If I'm climbing Teide and I fall, why should taxpayers pay for my rescue?

While I agree in charging the cost of emergency services to those who may have acted against safety advice and who are inadequately equipped or prepared for challenging pursuits, accidents do happen especially with motor vehicles on the public highway and it could be argued to those who are not suitably equipped and adquately prepared and for whom the taxpayer wil contribute to the cost of emergency services to a greater extent than those engaged in leisure pursuits....