PDA

View Full Version : Finance Has anyone used Smart Currency Exchange?

curlytop
04-07-2012, 12:28
Has anyone used the company 'Smart Currency' for online money transfer (as per advertising banners on here)? I don't want to be ripped off by the bank, but don't want any money to disappear into cyber space either! I've looked at a few different companies who offer this service and not sure what to do. Advice from people who have used any of these types of services would be appreciated.

AL JAY
04-07-2012, 13:37
Here are some reviews,they seem to be good and save you money!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews215296.html

curlytop
04-07-2012, 14:18
Thanks very much AL JAY, the reviews do appear to be good although I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to reviews - I always tend to wonder if they are written by the staff who work for a company in an attempt to earn some commissions.
Your help is much appreciated, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful but are there any real and genuine people on the forum who have had any experience of successful money transfer at reasonable rates?

fixer
04-07-2012, 14:19
There are others too i use Caxton fx fast pay and also caxton card to spend on and withdraw euros in Tenerife used them since 2004 no problems and a few more on here now use them. David
1000 euro today would be£821
https://www.caxtonfx.com/

curlytop
04-07-2012, 14:28
I have to send money back from here to the UK and I've looked at a few different options. I haven't heard of this company so I'll have a little look at them. Thank you.

waveydavey
04-07-2012, 15:50
www.currenciesdirect.com I have used these to transfer my money over here twice now,very pleased with there service.

minimadmandy
04-07-2012, 18:15
We used www.hifx.co.uk when we purchased our apartment in Tenerife to transfer our deposit £18k.
We had our own account handler when we did it 2 years ago, however you can now access everything online if you need to. We did get a very good exchange rate which was a lot higher than any of the uK banks could offer us at the time. However for smaller amounts you dont benefit as much, so for these we transfer money from Halifax Uk to Lloyds International and its free of charge, rate is slightly lower but offset by no charge. A friend who has property in France also uses HIFX on a monthly basis to pay his mortgage.

karinagal
04-07-2012, 18:39
I would also recommend Caxton FX. I used them for transferring the money to buy our apartment and use them on a monthly basis for transferring funds to cover my monthly bills. I also use the prepaid euro card...

marbro8
04-07-2012, 19:11
they contacted me after i registered but you have to change at least £1000 before you can use their services, so not really for the holiday maker just looking to change hols money:)

karinagal
04-07-2012, 22:25
they contacted me after i registered but you have to change at least £1000 before you can use their services, so not really for the holiday maker just looking to change hols money:)

Is that Smart currencies you're talking about or one of the others?

The undisputed queen of de-nial

marbro8
04-07-2012, 22:32
yes smart currencies:wink2:

curlytop
04-07-2012, 22:46
Thanks for all the helpful replies. It looks like I have some homework to do when I'm a bit less tired. Zzzzzzz....

Benoit@Smart
09-07-2012, 11:24
Hi to all,

I wanted to answer a few doubts about Smart Currency. We have been operating since 2004 and have helped thousands of customers save a lot money whilst transfering funds overseas.

All our reviews that we have, currently at 31, have been done by independent people using our services. We do not "fake" our reviews nor our testimonials for our partner packs.

We do not do travel cash here at Smart as we are a dedicated service to private individuals buying and selling properties overseas. All our transfers are done bank to bank only. This is where we can offer some of the most competitve rates around. So if you are looking to transfer funds to or from the UK, and you can send money to the banks, we can transfer any amount for you, we charge only £5 up to £3000 transfers, and free thereafter with some of the best excahnge rates on offer. Please call for a free no obligation quote.

All the other FX companies mentioned in this thread are very good companies too. All i can recommend is that when choosing an independent FX company to avoid being ripped off using your bank, look if they are fully FSA Authorised for your safety. We are FSA authorised and have to follow tight guidelines, similar to banks, in order to keep our customers safety first.

Any questions that you might have, do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to assist you and listen to your requirements.

Kindest regards

Benoit
Smart Currency Exchange

curlytop
25-07-2012, 17:01
Hi to all,

I wanted to answer a few doubts about Smart Currency. We have been operating since 2004 and have helped thousands of customers save a lot money whilst transfering funds overseas.

All our reviews that we have, currently at 31, have been done by independent people using our services. We do not "fake" our reviews nor our testimonials for our partner packs.

We do not do travel cash here at Smart as we are a dedicated service to private individuals buying and selling properties overseas. All our transfers are done bank to bank only. This is where we can offer some of the most competitve rates around. So if you are looking to transfer funds to or from the UK, and you can send money to the banks, we can transfer any amount for you, we charge only £5 up to £3000 transfers, and free thereafter with some of the best excahnge rates on offer. Please call for a free no obligation quote.

All the other FX companies mentioned in this thread are very good companies too. All i can recommend is that when choosing an independent FX company to avoid being ripped off using your bank, look if they are fully FSA Authorised for your safety. We are FSA authorised and have to follow tight guidelines, similar to banks, in order to keep our customers safety first.

Any questions that you might have, do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to assist you and listen to your requirements.

Kindest regards

Benoit
Smart Currency Exchange

Thanks for the response Benoit, I did some homework and as a result I registered with Smart Currency Exchange. James has just contacted me by phone, and it looks like I'll be using your services in the not too distant future. Watch this space......

Benoit@Smart
25-07-2012, 17:46
Thanks for the response Benoit, I did some homework and as a result I registered with Smart Currency Exchange. James has just contacted me by phone, and it looks like I'll be using your services in the not too distant future. Watch this space......

Dear Curlytop,

Thank you for calling in and speaking to our trader James Thorpe.

As mentioned in this thread earlier, at Smart Currency Exchange we value great customer service whilst offering some of the most competitive rates in the industry as we are one of the only companies not to pay our traders any commission. We are proud to work for you and not our pockets at the end of the month.

If you are able to take a few minutes of your time to write a review for us, that would be greatly appreciated. (Expert Review)

Thank you very much once more,

Regards

Benoit@Smart.

BoPeep
31-07-2012, 08:28
Seems to me the biggest disadvantage of Smart Currency Exchange is that you have to be contacted by them to get a quote and give them all your details. If I could have got a quote online to check against the usual firm I use, HiFX, I would have done so.

HiFX have always been very good and you can do the whole thing online when the rate goes up. I got 1.2653 last night for £13,000. It would be interesting to know what I would have got from Smart for next time but it was late and I wanted to get it done as with the Europeans doing their 'sticky plaster' thing again in Greece at the moment it strikes me the rate may go down a bit!

Benoit@Smart
31-07-2012, 09:30
Dear BoPeep,

The reason why at Smart Currency Exchange everything is done by us calling our clients is to be able to discuss your requirements in detail and to offer all the services on offer to you and to listen to your needs first.

It is true that HiFX are a very good company and they do offer the convenience with their online system, but our vision and the reason we are able to offer better rates than many of our competitors is because we offer a one to one service tailored to our customers' requirements.

I would strongly suggest to all, to compare with Smart Currency Exchange so that you are able to make a sound decision and see if you can still save a few extra hundred of pounds.

You are able to call in on 0207 898 0541 if you wish to speak to our team for a free and no obligation account.
(Quote "Tenerife Forum" for even better rates)

Kindest regards,

Benoit.

curlytop
30-08-2012, 16:09
Smart Currency Exchange in a word - brilliant! I made an online transfer from my account in Tenerife last Friday, and bearing in mind there was a bank holiday in the UK on Monday, the money arrived in the correct UK account yesterday. It's easy to do and the staff I have spoken to have all been very polite and not at all pushy, I can certainly recommend.