PDA

View Full Version : Pet WANTED! Shih Tzu puppy

Gazzzy
05-07-2012, 11:30
shih tzu puppy wanted as soon as possible the younger the better, preferably a girl. :cheeky:

katax
05-07-2012, 16:51
Why dont you go to one of the many dogs homes and see if they have any little dogs, i got my dog from the street 12 years ago and she is a cross shih tzu.

lynnangela
06-07-2012, 00:22
Am I wrong to be concerned about this post? A few days ago you were posting for a Maltese puppy, now its a shih tzu. Is it a dog you want or a fashion statement?

Maybe my view is different because of my age and the fact that Ive had pets over the years that I have loved so dearly, it mattered not what their pedigree was, just that I loved them, and they were an important part of my life and my family. I think the part that catches my attention the most is the 'younger the better', a puppy is only a puppy for a very short time. What happens when its an adult dog? Is it loved less? abandoned for a younger model?

If im wrong I apologise, I know I shouldnt judge, but a pet isnt a toy, its a life long commitment.

Pets@Home
06-07-2012, 13:22
well said, I was thinking the same, have a wonderful doggie here, staffy cross, little girl, one year old, could not ask for a better dog, but not a PEDIGREE, they seem to have alot go wrong, whereas, the heinz variety dont, and they seem to have better personalities, whereas PEDIGREES can be "tetchy" ......................

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

anyone want to give her a home, one of the best dogs I have ever looked after, her bro has been homed, just little girl to get a home for, what a delight she is .......
Non barking
Loving
Gets on with all dogs
Dont know she is there
BEAUTIFUL little girl, mummy gone back to the UK .............

candy2411
06-07-2012, 13:50
why don't you tell us a little more Gazzzy, is the dog wanted for you and your family?
or are you maybe acting as a third party acquiring a dog for someone else?
does seem a bit odd when you were asking about another breed recently:shy:

I must say the Canarians do seem to have an obsession with cute, small dogs, I see lots everytime I'm in Las Galletas and wonder if they pay extortionate amounts of money to get them.No problem with that, but I also wonder if they love these little dogs just as much when they get a little bigger and even into old age.

Hope I'm not misjudging anyone, not meaning to give offence, just can't help wondering:shy:

sunseeker
06-07-2012, 18:58
maybe hes got a small house and wants a little dog. its not really for us to judge. im sure hed get a rescue dog if one fitted in with what he wants. maybe hes already looked in the rescues. he doesnt really have to justify himself to us tho.

candy2411
06-07-2012, 20:09
Quite agree, he doesn't need to justify anything.... a reply would be nice though

carpenter
06-07-2012, 21:02
This is why I told him to duck and take cover in his last post.....

Loads of dogs on this island need a good home, But....
Just because we live on an island that doesn't seem to give a crap about animals why should we have clean up after careless owners? Why can't we be breed specific? Why can't we enjoy owning a puppy? Why do people make if difficult?

Moving to Tenerife shouldn't be about rescuing a dog. Should it?

Gazzy welcome to the forum and I hope you find what you are looking for.

BTW> The shelters are overloaded with unwanted pets and you will find a Canarian poodles called a Caniches at most of them all needing a good home. These dogs do not molt and are very similar to the dogs that you have mentioned.

People on here can be bullies

tracy hampshire
06-07-2012, 21:13
i have a mixed breed, yorkie cross poodle, & depending how long her hair is she often gets mistaken for a pedigree, we have had everything from a shih tzu to a tbetan terrier, she was free to anyone who would take her, we got her at six weeks, and now at 3 years she is the love of my life, donīt tell the hubby, but seriously you can get some amazing cross breeds, that donīt come with the problems that pedigree dogs come with, so if this is an option, have a look at one of the shelters over here, you might just turn out as happy as i am with my little four legged pal x

Gazzzy
06-07-2012, 22:20
hi there to everyone who has commented, actually i am garys 16 year old daughter who has recently moved to tenerife with my family, i havnt made many friends yet and am finding myself very lonley, our family has already got a dog however hes a mummys boy and prefurs to cuddle up to her constantly. i would like to have my own baby to bath,brush and spoil, the reason im looking for a pedigree puppy and not an adult dog in a shelter is because i have two younger siblings ages 5 and 7, not knowing the history and behaviour of a sheltered dog could endanger them, as you all should well know some dogs can turn nasty unexspectedly. a puppy brought up with the family is less likely to bring harm, i find some of your comments hurtful and rude, especially when you didnt know the circumstances, i love my brother and sister and would never bring harm to them so if you have a problem with that then you are obviously not a very nice person.

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:30
You are quite right, bringing an adult dog into a house with young children can be dangerous. No-one here would say otherwise. The main point being made is that the refuges have puppies too. They might not be pedigree dogs but they are young enough to be brought up with your family and be the loving dog you are looking for.

I can understand you having a certain type of dog in mind, and you are free to choose - it's your life and your decision to make. Maybe if you contact the refuges, they could tell you if they have puppies in that would maybe interest you and your family? It could be a lot less expensive than a pedigree dog from a breeder? Worth thinking about?

Good luck with your new forever friend, wherever you get him or her from.

Karina

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Gazzzy
06-07-2012, 22:42
thankyou for the advice (queen of de-nial) it is most apriciated prehaps im a little nieve as i was under the impression that shelters only look after adult dogs untill reading recent posts, that is another reason i did not look at shelters :)

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:44
thankyou for the advice (queen of de-nial) it is most apriciated prehaps im a little nieve as i was under the impression that shelters only look after adult dogs untill reading recent posts, that is another reason i did not look at shelters :)

You're very welcome petal.

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Cousincas
07-07-2012, 01:12
Hi, I got a 9 week puppy at the weekend after contacting Elaine at 'Tiny Feet' She took in two abandoned dogs that had litters and she is looking for homes for them. Mine is the cutest little thing and Elaine can send you photos of the pups that still need homes. Send me a private message if you would like her phone number,
Cas