PDA

View Full Version : Taxation info needed

singingrep
05-07-2012, 16:51
Hi All,

I am new heer we are thinking of moving to tenerife as some of my family have moved over last year, the question I have is that I work for a UK company over the internet and phone (so I am planning to continue to work for them once in tenerife) As I get paid into a UK bank account and pay UK tax would I also need to pay any additional tax as I am working from tenerife, this might sound daft but want to be sure as this may effect if we can move or not?.

Thank you for your help

PAFConsultants
05-07-2012, 17:58
Hi Singing rep....maybe we can assist you. We specialize in International Tax advice and our head office is in Tenerife. We also have offices in the UK. We help people like you who are in simerlar situations. Can you PM me you email and contact details and maybe we can catch up for an informal chat.

sunseeker
05-07-2012, 18:56
u shouldnt have to pay extra tax, but if you dont pay tax in Spain u and ur dependents will need a private health policy. if u pay social 2 b self employed u will get social health care and prescriptions, but it will cost 254€ a month. u could put ur decendents on the social too. u will have to decide whats cheaper.

Goldenmaniac
05-07-2012, 20:23
Hi All,

I am new heer we are thinking of moving to tenerife as some of my family have moved over last year, the question I have is that I work for a UK company over the internet and phone (so I am planning to continue to work for them once in tenerife) As I get paid into a UK bank account and pay UK tax would I also need to pay any additional tax as I am working from tenerife, this might sound daft but want to be sure as this may effect if we can move or not?.

Thank you for your help

You need to speak to your employing company first - they may be able to second you to Tenerife or they may not be able to pay you at all with out a UK base (if that is applicable)
Have a read here as far as the UK goes http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Understandingyourworkstatus/Migrantworkers/DG_173236 (posted workers)

If they need you to no longer be an employee but to invoice them then you will have to set up as supplying your particular service from here. see here http://www.agenciatributaria.es/static_files/AEAT/Contenidos_Comunes/La_Agencia_Tributaria/Segmentos_Usuarios/Empresas_y_profesionales/Empresario_individuales_y_profesionales/Folletos/IAE_2010.pdf

However the short answer to your question is because of double impositions agreements you will not pay tax on the same income to both countries

singingrep
06-07-2012, 08:21
thank you so much for the replies I will need to do more investigation.