PDA

View Full Version : New tax on flights to Spain

BobMac
05-07-2012, 16:59
Apparently the Spanish Government has introduced a new tax of up to 7 Euros per head on all flights to Spain as part of it's austerity measures.

This is payable whether you have already paid in full in advance or not.

Some airlines are still deciding whether or not to pass this charge on to customers who have already paid, but some are contacting these customers to say that they have a choice of paying it or cancelling the flight.

Great tourist booster by the Government ??

penelope pitstop
05-07-2012, 17:22
Apparently the Spanish Government has introduced a new tax of up to 7 Euros per head on all flights to Spain as part of it's austerity measures.

This is payable whether you have already paid in full in advance or not.

Some airlines are still deciding whether or not to pass this charge on to customers who have already paid, but some are contacting these customers to say that they have a choice of paying it or cancelling the flight.

Great tourist booster by the Government ??

The UK Government are far worse as they added on more than the equivalent of €7 on their so called 'Green Tax'!

The airlines too have a lot to answer to with their increased charges on various extras. I feel the price you see when booking is the price you should pay inclusive of ALL charges.:mad:

BobMac
05-07-2012, 17:48
The UK Government are far worse as they added on more than the equivalent of €7 on their so called 'Green Tax'!

The airlines too have a lot to answer to with their increased charges on various extras. I feel the price you see when booking is the price you should pay inclusive of ALL charges.:mad:

That will be coming very soon, OFT have won their case against the airlines and 12 airlines have had to agree to change their systems ASAP to show the headline price at the start, not the ticket price minus any surcharges that will apply.

That's going to screw the likes of EasyJet and Ryanair who have a different surcharge according to what you pay with - are they going to have to ask you at the start of the process how you are going to pay so that they can apply the correct surcharge ??

penelope pitstop
05-07-2012, 18:22
That will be coming very soon, OFT have won their case against the airlines and 12 airlines have had to agree to change their systems ASAP to show the headline price at the start, not the ticket price minus any surcharges that will apply.

That's going to screw the likes of EasyJet and Ryanair who have a different surcharge according to what you pay with - are they going to have to ask you at the start of the process how you are going to pay so that they can apply the correct surcharge ??

There should not be any surcharges! Years ago there were no fees for using debit or credit cards, nor were there any admin fees that the budget airlines now charge.

The first additional charge I remember was for reserving a seat,then they started charging for luggage. It makes me wonder whay they will want to charge us for next. Michael O'Leary (Ryanair) at one time talked of charging passengers for using the on board toilets! You would NEVER get me on a Ryanair flight after having seen a video of their staff training methods as well as disliking intensely Michael O'Leary's attitude to his passengers.

BobMac
05-07-2012, 18:43
There should not be any surcharges! Years ago there were no fees for using debit or credit cards, nor were there any admin fees that the budget airlines now charge.

The first additional charge I remember was for reserving a seat,then they started charging for luggage. It makes me wonder whay they will want to charge us for next. Michael O'Leary (Ryanair) at one time talked of charging passengers for using the on board toilets! You would NEVER get me on a Ryanair flight after having seen a video of their staff training methods as well as disliking intensely Michael O'Leary's attitude to his passengers.

You'll love this video then - Cheap Flights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc)

macdonald5
05-07-2012, 18:48
I intensely dislike Michael O'Leary's business ethic BUT look at his profits for last year and he has something right ???

BobMac
05-07-2012, 18:59
I intensely dislike Michael O'Leary's business ethic BUT look at his profits for last year and he has something right ???

Yes - it's impossible to argue with his business model

penelope pitstop
05-07-2012, 19:39
I saw this a couple of years ago on here. I have also seen Fascinating Aida performing it live. Wonderful!
I also think I saw the Ryanair training video on here.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes - it's impossible to argue with his business model

The man has no business ethics. If you saw the training video you'd dislike him more!

willowlily
05-07-2012, 20:00
love him or loath him, ryanair is by far the cheapest way to travel direct to bournemouth at the moment even with the surcharges. i have also found that all budget airline offer the same cattle class service ryanair just wins on the price

emmess
05-07-2012, 20:06
and actually have one of the most generous leg room space that I've known. Plus - on a daytime flight the more 'selfish' person in front can't recline their seat into your lunch!

We've had the email today about the potential surcharge being passed on to us - but with the assurance that if we don't want to pay it, we can canx free of charge. Looked at other flights and there's no comparison at this stage so think we'll be paying it.

DeedeeTipperary
10-07-2012, 12:00
Just checked my emails there , and its 1.92 euros extra each for us four . I am more than willing at this moment in time to pay the extra 7.68 to get me out of this rain lashed dreary country of mine to get me over to the beautiful hot Tenerife :lol::sunbathe:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

LeFrunk
12-07-2012, 19:08
I think Mr O`Learey is the bees b*****ks , fair play to him . He helped to bring ALL airline prices down so that me as a poor person can afford to fly , keep her lite Michael.

bonitatime
19-07-2012, 08:51
There should not be any surcharges! Decades ago there were no charges for using charge or credit ratings cards, nor were there any administration charges that the funds air carriers now cost.

Yes but flights were considerably more expensive allowing for inflation