PDA

View Full Version : Charity K9 benefit at Maria's el Nautico. Saturday night, 7th July

will a
06-07-2012, 10:52
Ok all you forum members, would you help me raise a little money for K9 this Saturday (tomorrow night , yes I know its a little short notice but we are only here for a couple of weeks ) Anyway, as some of you will know Maria's Restaurant is one of my regular spots during the winter but as we are here I have asked to play there on Saturday night for NO FEE and my plan is as follows.

I will play saxophone during the evening as normal during the winter and will play requests for a voluntary donation for say 50 cents ( more if you want!) and whatever money I collect I will DOUBLE from my OWN POCKET. As I have said I will NOT be charging the restaurant a fee but if it is a good night I am sure I can persuade them to make a little donation as well.

I will play from approximately 7.00 till 10.00 and you are very welcome to dance or dine or both or just sit in the bar and listen.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE as we have a special reason for helping K9. Some of you may remember we found a little dog and K9 took him in and he is still looking for a home. I know times are hard but if you are thinking going out on Saturday night then please consider this. The restaurant is excellent as are the staff and you wont be harassed into giving money I can promise and 50 cents is not a lot even in todays financial climate.

Support me on this and I will play free of charge for any charity do you may be organizing in the future!!

For those of you who dont know Maria's restaurant it is in the El Nautico suites in Golf de Sur and has one of the best views of the sea. If you have never been there give it a go and you will not be disappointed, very spacious, beautifully laid out tabels and huge glass windows all with spectacular views to the sea.

I have included a copy of my repertoire so you will be able to see what you are letting yourself in for or you can listen to me at www.weddingsax.co.uk

I have no idea whether we will be able to fill the restaurant but it maybe a good idea to give them a call and make a booking just in case it gets busy. It would very much help the staff to know how many people to expect and there will be less chance of running out of your favourite dish. - Dont you just hate that when that happens! Marias restauraunt phone number is 922 72 71 87.

ADDITIONS

1 Jar of hearts -- Christina Perri
2 Stand by me --BB King
3 Me and Mrs Jones
4 My heart will go on
5 Careless whisper -- George Micheal
6 Angels -- Robbie Williams
7 Turn me on -- Nora Jones
8 Don’t know why-- Nora Jones
9 Songbird -- Eva Cassidy
10 Three times a lady -- The Commadores
11 The wedding song -- Kenny Gee
12 Once upon a December
13 Lady in red -- Eric Clapton
14 Rolling in the deep -- Adele
15 Beautiful -- Christina Aguilera
16 Make you feel my love -- Adele
17 The closest thing to crazy --Katie Melue
18 Someone like you -- Adele
19 The lazy song -- Bruno Mars
20 Feeling good
21 You know I’m no good -- Amy Winehouse
22 Who painted the moon black --H Westenra
23 Cry me out -- Pixie Lotte
24 Rehab - Amy Winehouse
25 Marry me -- Bruno Mars
26 I don’t wanna miss a thing --Areosmith
27 Cruella DeVil -- 101 Dalmations
28 Forget you -- Cee Lo Green
29 Green Green Grass of home -- Tom Jones
30 Run --Leona Lewis
31 Set fire to the rain -- Adele
32 The boy does nothing--Alesha Dixon
33 Here come the girls--Sugababes
34 Hallelujah--Alexandra Burke
35 Truly Madly Deeply --Savage Garden
36 Emotion --Destiny’s Child
37 Clumsy --Fergie
38 Delilah -- Tom Jones
39 Mercy -- Duffy
40 My girl -- The Temptations
41 Mama Do -- Pixie Lotte
42 Skinny Love -- Birdy
43 Dance With Me -- Oli Murs
44 Our Day Will Come -- Amy Winehouse
45 A Thousand Years -- Christina Perri
46 Warwick Avenue -- Duffy
47 Enchanted -- Taylor Swift
48 Up Where We Belong --- Officer & G
49 Shackles -- Mary Mary
50 Moondance -- Van Morrison
51 Next to Me -- Emily Sanda
52 Safe and Sound -- Taylor Swift
53 One Flight Down -- Nora Jones

61 Stand by me -BB King
62 Me and Mrs Jones
63 My heart will go on
64 Careless whisper -George Micheal
65 Angels -Robbie Willams
66 Turn me on -Nora Jones
67 Don’t know why -Nora Jones
68 Songbird -Eva Cassidy
69 The wedding song -Kenny Gee
70 Once upon a December- Anastasia
71 Lady in red -Eric Clapton
72 Rolling in the deep-Adele
73 Jar of hearts-Christina Perri
74 Beautiful -Christina Aguilera
75 Make you feel my love -Adele
76 The closest thing to crazy-Katie Melue
77 Someone like you -Adele
78 The lazy song -Bruno Mars
79 Feeling good
80 You know I’m no good-Amy Winehouse
81The girl from Ipanema
82 Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps
83 Cry me a river
84 Les feuilles mortes/ Fly me to the moon
85 Key West
86 Moonlight serenade / Wonderful world
87 Night and day / Roses of Picardy
88 Swinging on a star
89 Singing in the rain
90 Baby elephant walk / Peter gun theme
91 Jersey bounce
92 Chattanooga choo choo
93 I’ve got a girl in kalamazoo
94 It don’t mean a thing
95 Pennsylvania 6-5000
96 In the mood
97 Crazy little thing called love
98 YMCA
99 Choo Choo Ch’ boogie
100 Mercy Mercy Mercy
101 Blue suede shoes
102 Jailhouse rock
103 Lets twist again
104 Eternal flame
105 Take my breath away
106 Without you
107 Mr MB
108 A friend like me
109 Refection
110 Ben
111 I left my heart in San Francisco
112 Easy come easy go
113 Time shift
114 Game and match
115 You’ve got a friend in me
116 I just can’t wait to be king
117 Li’l darlin
118 Clair
119 Gotta get it
120 Is you is or is you is my baby
121 Under the sea
122 Satin Doll
120 Ups and downs
121 A whiter shade of pale
122 Stone in love with you
123 It’s too late
124 Here there and everywhere
125 My cherie amore
126 Somewhere over the rainbow
127 I am blessed
128 We’ve only just begun
129 When a man loves a woman
130 A whole new world
131 Pretty woman
132 When I’m 64
133 Trans’s Blues
134 In walked bud
135 Jordu
136 Blues for days
137 Fast jazz (medley)
138 Uptown blues
139 Baker street
140 Tenor madness
141 Blue monk
142 Ain’t Misbehavin
143 Wonderful tonight
144 No matter what
145 He ain’t heavy
146 Georgia on my mind
147 Oh Danny Boy
148 Have I told you lately
149 Looking through your eyes
150 I wish I knew how it would feel to be free
151 Everything I do
160 Nobody does it better
161 Unchained melody
162 Somewhere
163 You raise me up
164 Misty
165 can you feel the love tonight
166 Stranger on the shore
167 Your song
168 Feelings
169 My funny valentine
170 Bewitched
171 It’s all right with me
172 Have you met Miss Jones
173 My ship
174 Thou swell
175 All the things are you
176 Just in time
177 I’ve grown accustomed to your face
178 Summertime
179 Tenor madness
180 Blue monk
181 Take me to the river
182 In the midnight hour
183 Swingin shepherd blues
184 Satin doll
185 Frankie and Jonny
186 Shake that thing
187 The Preacher
188 Caravan
189 Sittin on the dock of the bay
190 I say a little prayer
191 I got rhythm
192 But not for me
193 Embraceable you
194 A foggy day
195 Tuxedo junction
196 I’ve got a crush on you
197 ‘S wonderfull
198 How long has this been going on
199 Nice work if you can get it
200 Some on to watch over you
201 Strike up the band
202 Perdido
203 Something stupid
204 Aint that a kick in the head
205 Flying high
206 Hit the road Jack
207 Don’t get around much anymore
208 Little brown jug
209 Hasta la Vista
210 Hiphop edge
211 Blues for days (jazz)
212 Blues shuffle
213 Toms boogie
214 King ‘Stom’
215 Lullaby of bird land
216 It’s easy to remember
217 June to July
218 All to soon
219 Nature boy
220 The nearness of you
221 My romance
222 Some enchanted evening
223 The very thought of you
224 My one and only
225 Guantanamera
226 When sonny gets blue
227 Yesterdays
228 You don’t know what love is
229 More than you know
230 Work song
231 Secret dream
232 I’m getting sentimental over you

karinagal
06-07-2012, 11:57
Ah! Baker Street is my all time favourite... Wish I could be there but we don't arrive until the 13th. Let me know if you set up any other way of donating. If not, do K9 have a Paypal account?

will a
06-07-2012, 12:11
Ah! Baker Street is my all time favourite... Wish I could be there but we don't arrive until the 13th. Let me know if you set up any other way of donating. If not, do K9 have a Paypal account?
ok well if it goes well this week I will see if they will let me do the same next before we go back to the uk

It would my pleasure to play Baker Street for you !
thanks

Tom & Sharon
06-07-2012, 14:40
I will try to make this tomorrow night, although I am only scheduled to land at gone 6, but hopefully I will be on time.

To anyone who can make this event, you won't be disappointed. Will is a brilliant sax player, and the venue is absolutely beautiful.

polia
06-07-2012, 17:54
Sorry for my ignorent question but who or what is K9?

AL JAY
06-07-2012, 18:12
Sorry for my ignorent question but who or what is K9?

Take a look here polia
http://www.k9tenerife.eu/index.php

polia
06-07-2012, 18:45
Take a look here polia
http://www.k9tenerife.eu/index.php

Oh, no! Same story over and over again! Me and especially my husband /who was a municipal councillor/ have done so much to help stray dogs. We have worked with Dogs Trust, Robert Smith, Animal Resque, SOS Dogs and so many others to solve the huge problem with homeless dogs in our country. Sadly we are experts in this field.

Please give us a PayPal account. We will send something. It won't be much because we are moving at the moment and every penny counts. We can't be at the restaurant, but please, play one song for us. Whichever you choose. Thanx!

will a
06-07-2012, 18:58
Oh, no! Same story over and over again! Me and especially my husband /who was a municipal councillor/ have done so much to help stray dogs. We have worked with Dogs Trust, Robert Smith, Animal Resque, SOS Dogs and so many others to solve the huge problem with homeless dogs in our country. Sadly we are experts in this field.

Please give us a PayPal account. We will send something. It won't be much because we are moving at the moment and every penny counts. We can't be at the restaurant, but please, play one song for us. Whichever you choose. Thanx!

thank you so much , for you I will play the song 'Skinny Love ' by Birdie , look it up on google you tube it's a beautiful song for us ( thats me and my wife ) it a reference to the dog at K9 they call 'Sax' that we found wandering last year and still comes for a holiday when ever we are in tenerife .at this moment he is sitting watching the telly with Jenny !!!

sunseeker
06-07-2012, 19:00
if im not workiong ill try an come in. :)

BoPeep
07-07-2012, 10:56
Hope to be down for at least a drink and a couple of requests!

will a
08-07-2012, 11:55
Just an update on how things went at my charity event at Marias restaurant last night !!!

Although not packed it was a really good night and it took me nearly 4 hours of non stop playing to get through all the requests and was nearly 11 o'clock before I finished, really shattering but so nice to see people enjoying my playing and lovely to see them dancing.

In total I raised 120euros, I know it's not a huge amount but not bad for a last minute one person event!! and my thanks to the restaurant for making a donation as well !!

My only disappoinment was as far as I can tell (and I talked to almost all the people there) not a SINGLE member of the Forum turned up, yes I know it was short notice but it would have been nice to have a little support!!

I will do the same next Saturday 14th July and please remember I don't charge the restaurant a fee so there is nothing in this for me, so I would really appreciate a little support from the forum members next week !!!!! the restaurant dont expect you all to have a full meal they are happy for you just to have a couple drinks and listen!!

Maybe if you can make it next week you could post it on here, it would be nice for me to know who is coming and to meet some of you

AL JAY
08-07-2012, 12:37
Well done Will,hopefully you will get a better turn out next week and some forum members attend!

caroletenerife
08-07-2012, 13:07
Just an update on how things went at my charity event at Marias restaurant last night !!!

Although not packed it was a really good night and it took me nearly 4 hours of non stop playing to get through all the requests and was nearly 11 o'clock before I finished, really shattering but so nice to see people enjoying my playing and lovely to see them dancing.

In total I raised 120euros, I know it's not a huge amount but not bad for a last minute one person event!! and my thanks to the restaurant for making a donation as well !!

My only disappoinment was as far as I can tell (and I talked to almost all the people there) not a SINGLE member of the Forum turned up, yes I know it was short notice but it would have been nice to have a little support!!

I will do the same next Saturday 14th July and please remember I don't charge the restaurant a fee so there is nothing in this for me, so I would really appreciate a little support from the forum members next week !!!!! the restaurant dont expect you all to have a full meal they are happy for you just to have a couple drinks and listen!!

Maybe if you can make it next week you could post it on here, it would be nice for me to know who is coming and to meet some of you

Well done! i know how difficult is to raise any funds at this time of year. Every penny counts and that money will make a big difference to K9 x

candy2411
08-07-2012, 13:51
Would have loved to have been there as I just love the saxophone, but stuck in the rain in the UK!

Well done to you, that's quite a sum for K9 and hope you get an even better response next week. It was quite short notice for people so hoping numbers are increased next week:)

will a
08-07-2012, 21:15
thank you to
Candy 2411
caroletenerife
al jay --thanks for your kind words it really does mean a lot to me to us