PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE in Tenerife Very unlucky rock must go

carpenter
06-07-2012, 22:29
This rock was found by myself and my wife about 4 weeks ago, it just randomly appeared at the entrance to our house.
During this time we have had appalling luck.

Our dog nearly died
Our baby was found to be lying transverse so must be C sectioned
Our car was broken into and our livelihoods stolen
Wardrobe broke
Wife fell over and hurt her back
Duck broke her leg
Car got crashed into
Our young water turtle died

These are just a few of the things that spring to mind.
Yesterday my wife put the rock out into the front garden and 5 mins ago she found it on our front doormat.

This rock has to go, open to offers.

It's the size of an apple and is of a green quartz appearance.

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:36
It's obviously Kryptonite - that's why it's interfering with your super powers..... ;)

The undisputed queen of de-nial

marbro8
06-07-2012, 22:38
This rock was found by myself and my wife about 4 weeks ago, it just randomly appeared at the entrance to our house.
During this time we have had appalling luck.

Our dog nearly died
Our baby was found to be lying transverse so must be C sectioned
Our car was broken into and our livelihoods stolen
Wardrobe broke
Wife fell over and hurt her back
Duck broke her leg
Car got crashed into
Our young water turtle died

These are just a few of the things that spring to mind.
Yesterday my wife put the rock out into the front garden and 5 mins ago she found it on our front doormat.

This rock has to go, open to offers.

It's the size of an apple and is of a green quartz appearance.throw it in the sea:D there again it would probably start a volcanic reaction:eyebrows:

chifleta
06-07-2012, 22:46
break it open, there may be a diamond the size of a plum inside the rock the size of an apple :wow:eek2::bowdown:

carpenter
06-07-2012, 22:47
It's obviously Kryptonite - that's why it's interfering with your super powers..... ;)

Slightly lighter shade of green than kryptonite

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

throw it in the sea:D there again it would probably start a volcanic reaction:eyebrows:

El Hierro's got enough problems don't you think?

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:49

And, pray tell sir, what are you basing your comparison on? Superman 1,2,3 or later?!

:p :D :p

carpenter
06-07-2012, 22:49
break it open, there may be a diamond the size of a plum inside the rock the size of an apple :wow:eek2::bowdown:

If someone is brave enough to come round and break it open we'll go halves on the good fortune with them.

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:51
Has there been a haggard old woman with a basket trying to sell apples? Have you pee'd off any Romanies recently? A jealous neighbour? Someone whose parking spot you've inadvertently violated?

:D

carpenter
06-07-2012, 22:52
And, pray tell sir, what are you basing your comparison on? Superman 1,2,3 or later?!

:p :D :p

All three. It's a lighter colour than the kryptonite in all of those classic movies

Has there been a haggard old woman with a basket trying to sell apples? Have you pee'd off any Romanies recently? A jealous neighbour? Someone whose parking spot you've inadvertently violated?

:D

what does that mean?

marbro8
06-07-2012, 22:53
better still if you see a dark metallic car hanging about with a couple of shady characters inside, throw it through the windscreen:mad:

Apollo
06-07-2012, 22:59
better still if you see a dark metallic car hanging about with a couple of shady characters inside, throw it through the windscreen:mad:

Guardia check point ;)

karinagal
06-07-2012, 22:59
Didn't you get some anally retentive expat somewhat hot under the collar by parking in his spot?

Apollo
06-07-2012, 23:01
Honestly can vouch for the bad luck brought by this thing - still feeling the effects of my fall and its bloody sore!! In fact will endeavour to take a photo of said cursed thing ... of course I may trip and drop the camera so maybe not wise.

Didn't you get some anally retentive expat somewhat hot under the collar by parking in his spot?

HAHAHA, Yes! very true!! A true violation and, in fact, a very good spot to put said rock ;)

deepdivejunkie
07-07-2012, 09:19
You may have better luck getting rid of it if you post a picture.

Harmonicaman
07-07-2012, 09:57
Which one is it then?...Green rocks (http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=green+rocks&oq=green+rocks&gs_l=img.1.0.0l3j0i5l2j0i24l5.1363.3958.0.5954.11. 11.0.0.0.0.98.973.11.11.0...0.0.8F87AmudG64&biw=1252&bih=546&sei=2vn3T9zaIIjh8APhv9CYBw)

sandra
07-07-2012, 10:24
Why would anyone else want your bad luck just dump it in th sea. dont pass the bd luck on. xx good luck xx

Suej
07-07-2012, 10:30

El Hierro's got enough problems don't you think?

Pop it in the post to Bob Diamond!:devil2:

Apollo
07-07-2012, 10:59
OK, lets see if this crashes the boards now......

Here is a picture of The Rock - ignor the black spot - there's a scratch on the lense I think.

http://i49.tinypic.com/rk27ba.jpg

Suej
07-07-2012, 11:28
OK, lets see if this crashes the boards now......

Here is a picture of The Rock - ignor the black spot - there's a scratch on the lense I think.

http://i49.tinypic.com/rk27ba.jpg

So carpenter is your OH? :D

carpenter
07-07-2012, 14:54

Guilty sorry.

Suej
07-07-2012, 15:14
Guilty sorry.

Why? wot you done?! nice to see you both on here!:wink2:

warbey
07-07-2012, 21:01
Wish I was there.

I would love to see what happens if hit HARD with a Hammer

otherwise make sure it sinks into the Atlantic for the Mermaids to reclaim.

Missingthereef
08-07-2012, 09:07
That rock looks like the gemstone sold in Lanzarote when we visited about 15 years ago. Think it was called Olivine or similar. You could be looking at a fortune in a new business venture.....chop it up and sell it on ebay!

Harmonicaman
08-07-2012, 09:45
That rock looks like the gemstone sold in Lanzarote when we visited about 15 years ago. Think it was called Olivine or similar. You could be looking at a fortune in a new business venture.....chop it up and sell it on ebay!

Interesting peice on Olivine here. It says Olivine (http://www.minerals.net/mineral/olivine.aspx)

Other significant worldwide deposits of Olivine include the Eifel Mountains of Germany; Monte Somma, Vesuvius, Italy; Mt. Briançon, Langeac, Auvergne, France; the Åheim Quarry, Møre og Romsdal, Norway; Taganana, Tenerife, Canary Islands; and Katukubura, near Kolonne, Sri Lanka.

carpenter
08-07-2012, 19:42
So now what? Just going to get it from the hiding place down the road.....

Thanks H Man for that link. It's similar but as that example has been polished it's hard to tell. I've just typed into google what's olivine worth and some interesting figures came up. Unfortunately I think the rock needs a geologist to determine it's exact properties.

Anyone know any amateur geologists?

primrose
08-07-2012, 19:47
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/aquamarine-stones.html Looks more like Aquamarine.

carpenter
08-07-2012, 20:10
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/aquamarine-stones.html Looks more like Aquamarine.

I think you may be right Primrose

Ok new title

For Sale one Large Aquamarine Stone that promotes health, well-being and helps smooth the pain of grief apparently.
Simply stand in a puddle with the stone and feel your troubles flow away.

Ha

AL JAY
08-07-2012, 21:52
There is one near the bottom of this link that is worth $5000 plus! mmmmmm its 2.7 x 2.8 x 2x6 inches! must be to do with clarity etc!

http://www.mineralminers.com/html/aquamarine_crystals.stm

How big is yours ? ooooh err missus! :ashamed::tiphat:

primrose
08-07-2012, 22:15
There is one near the bottom of this link that is worth $5000 plus! mmmmmm its 2.7 x 2.8 x 2x6 inches! must be to do with clarity etc!

http://www.mineralminers.com/html/aquamarine_crystals.stm

How big is yours ? ooooh err missus! :ashamed::tiphat:

Ooooooooooo mines a big un!!!!! and I have just seen how much my Amethyst Geode is worth.Thank you Al Jay I love you. :bowdown:

Apollo
09-07-2012, 12:02
Okaaaaay this changes things somewhat.....hmmmmm...
Yes, $5000 could do quite nicely at the moment!!!

Missingthereef
09-07-2012, 13:40
Looks like your luck is about to change for the better!

carpenter
10-07-2012, 11:11
Ok then, how do you turn a lump of rock into a load of cash? who to call, where to send it for analysis? any ideas?

Malteser Monkey
10-07-2012, 11:25

Detective SueJ at your disposal:D

primrose
10-07-2012, 15:05
Ok then, how do you turn a lump of rock into a load of cash? who to call, where to send it for analysis? any ideas?

Try sending an email to these and asking if they know of anywhere you can get more information or if they know of anywhere or anybody you can get in touch with, they also have a facebook page. Might not be able to help but if you ask nicely enough you never know.http://www.gem-a.com/