PDA

View Full Version : Warning to pet owners on the Golf Del Sur, Tenerife.

Todi
07-07-2012, 12:10
WARNING anyone living on Golf Del Sur if you walk your dogs along the Passeos Maritimo infront of the Santa Barbara Hotel cats have been poisoned and their bodies left there. There may still be food around with the poison in and the cats bodies will be toxic so please keep a close eye on your pets and children!. The director of Santa Barbara has been threatening to do this for sometime but it cannot be proved that it is him who is reponsible. A pet dog was poisoned a while ago along this stretch, the cats will have had a long painful death and I feel posters should be put up along this stretch to warn people with animals and children. I am disgusted by people who do this, how is this good for tourism to see dead cats or to poison someones child?

candy2411
07-07-2012, 13:07
Thankyou for alerting everyone to this and how disgusting and cruel of whoever is responsible.

Don't suppose the hotel would want this reported in the local press, even if they're not to blame they wouldn't want the bad publicity for the area I'm sure .

FKB
07-07-2012, 20:44
Thanks for the update but can I ask where you got this information from.
If it is true then something needs to be done and I will support anyone who wishes to ensure this doesnt happen again.
However, we need some type of evidence to push this further.

carpenter
07-07-2012, 20:59
WARNING anyone living on Golf Del Sur if you walk your dogs along the Passeos Maritimo infront of the Santa Barbara Hotel cats have been poisoned and their bodies left there. There may still be food around with the poison in and the cats bodies will be toxic so please keep a close eye on your pets and children!. The director of Santa Barbara has been threatening to do this for sometime but it cannot be proved that it is him who is reponsible. A pet dog was poisoned a while ago along this stretch, the cats will have had a long painful death and I feel posters should be put up along this stretch to warn people with animals and children. I am disgusted by people who do this, how is this good for tourism to see dead cats or to poison someones child?

This is sick.... But can you prove that the director at least threatened to do this or is it just Tenerife hearsay?

Now the rumors have started and they must be controlled. I firmly believe in innocent till proven guilty. There are many restaurants in this area and they also have legitimate motives to do this.

It could be a sick individual, a very bad illness that has spread the the cat community there. You are right to warn people but I don't think it's wise to start naming people so openly.

slodgedad
08-07-2012, 01:37
Thanks for the 'heads up'. My daughter sometimes takes our dog along there, in fact she was thinking about it earlier on till I showed her this.