PDA

View Full Version : What is the price of an iPad at MediaMarkt in Tenerife?

nath
08-07-2012, 13:04
Hi, Does anyone know the exact price for the new iPad 64GB + wifi at MediaMarkt? I know the first one was a bit cheaper here as on all the Apple sites but just want to find out the price over here. And if anyone know they have stock that would even be better. I know I could call them but that would be a pain b/c my Spanish is lousy! Even in the store I have a hard time to communicate with hands and feet. I'd hate to drive over there to find out they have no stock if I can avoid it.... Thanks peeps!!!

golf birdie
08-07-2012, 13:08
Hi, Does anyone know the exact price for the new iPad 64GB + wifi at MediaMarkt? I know the first one was a bit cheaper here as on all the Apple sites but just want to find out the price over here. And if anyone know they have stock that would even be better. I know I could call them but that would be a pain b/c my Spanish is lousy! Even in the store I have a hard time to communicate with hands and feet. I'd hate to drive over there to find out they have no stock if I can avoid it.... Thanks peeps!!!

Maya will be the cheapest for this item.

mike in chayofa
08-07-2012, 13:12
It's looking like 644,26€

http://www.mediamarkt.es/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MultiChannelSearch?storeId=19601&langId=-5&searchProfile=onlineshop&query=ipad

nath
08-07-2012, 13:20
It's looking like 644,26€

http://www.mediamarkt.es/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MultiChannelSearch?storeId=19601&langId=-5&searchProfile=onlineshop&query=ipad

I must admit I did not look at their site this time. I always tried before and never was it possible to find out. Typical first time I don't check the site it is on there. Thanks Mike!!! (But I was looking for the one with also 3G, just noticed it is 4G though and it is €799 so not cheaper anymore there).

Might first have to check out Maya first. Does Maya have a website as well? I'll try to have a look but maybe someone can tell me? Thanks again!!!

grumps
08-07-2012, 13:53
i was quoted 530 euros for the ipad3 64g wifi at 1 of the shops under parque santiago

golf birdie
08-07-2012, 14:09
i was quoted 530 euros for the ipad3 64g wifi at 1 of the shops under parque santiago

if it was not Visanta who you went to I'd say it was an Ipaddie3 they tried to sell you:laugh:

nath
08-07-2012, 14:11

Was that shop more or less next to the escalators on a corner (side of the escalators)? I was thinking of checking that store as well as they seem genuine enough and had slightly better prices before.

Rickiebear
08-07-2012, 16:39
Hi, the 4g model, is the newer version. Having had both the newer version is much better. And fault free.

grumps
09-07-2012, 10:58
Was that shop more or less next to the escalators on a corner (side of the escalators)? I was thinking of checking that store as well as they seem genuine enough and had slightly better prices before.

A friend got the ipad3 16gb wifi for 330e from one of them i need to find out the name..it would appear to be genuine.! I was quoted 530 on the one on left if u turn left from the steps in the middle if you see what i mean lol..!

nath
09-07-2012, 15:31
I need to get down there to see it al in front of me and know which shop you mean exactly. If you do find out the place where your friend bought the one for €330 (are you sure it is not the 2? I am not sure if you can really tell the difference from the outside just like the iPhone 4 you can't tell it's a 4 or a 4S unless you know to look at the buttons en the sides of the phone. Nowhere a name to confirm on it). Please let me know where it was! Thanks for your reply!!!!

grumps
09-07-2012, 15:54
I need to get down there to see it al in front of me and know which shop you mean exactly. If you do find out the place where your friend bought the one for €330 (are you sure it is not the 2? I am not sure if you can really tell the difference from the outside just like the iPhone 4 you can't tell it's a 4 or a 4S unless you know to look at the buttons en the sides of the phone. Nowhere a name to confirm on it). Please let me know where it was! Thanks for your reply!!!!

He said it`s def a 3 the guy got it out of a brand new box...he can`t remember the name but he`s digging his receipt out but i`m working so won`t see him `till wed. It may be called Reyes although they said 359 for the 16gb to me but u can obviously barter...The shop that quoted me was the 1 opposite.. hope this helps. When i find out for def i`ll prob get 1 from the same shop as him as it all seems legit..

BobMac
09-07-2012, 16:31
Hi, the 4g model, is the newer version. Having had both the newer version is much better. And fault free.

Not if you want to use 4G - at the moment that only works in the States.

According to well informed sources, the new Ipad(4??) which is in the pipeline only comes as Wi-Fi, there is no 3G/4G version.

Rickiebear
09-07-2012, 19:47
Hi, I bought the 3g 6 months ago, but it developed a WiFi connectivity fault, and because this was a common fault, Apple offered to replace it. In fact the retailer replaced it for the newer model. As well as 4g it has a better camera, HD screen, and other things. Having used both the newer model is much better, and in the UK the same price.
The old model is no longer on sale in the UK.

grumps
11-07-2012, 12:34

Yes it was Reyes..please let me know how you get on..

rgds-grumps

Vortex Wake
11-07-2012, 12:48
To clarify:

iPad 1 and iPad 2 both had 3g cellular connectivity option.

iPad 3 has both 3g cellular and may 4g cellular connectivity option.

To say '3g' or '4g' can cause confusion, as other Apple products are often labeled 1st generation (1g) , 2nd generation (2g) etc, i.e. Apple iPod Nano 4g (4th generation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad

BobMac
11-07-2012, 14:51
Hi, I bought the 3g 6 months ago, but it developed a WiFi connectivity fault, and because this was a common fault, Apple offered to replace it. In fact the retailer replaced it for the newer model. As well as 4g it has a better camera, HD screen, and other things. Having used both the newer model is much better, and in the UK the same price.
The old model is no longer on sale in the UK.

That isn't true, I can go into any of the electronic/computer shops in Chelmsford or most online stores and chose between the original Ipad, Ipad2 or new Ipad.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

To clarify:

iPad 1 and iPad 2 both had 3g cellular connectivity option.

iPad 3 has both 3g cellular and may 4g cellular connectivity option.

To say '3g' or '4g' can cause confusion, as other Apple products are often labeled 1st generation (1g) , 2nd generation (2g) etc, i.e. Apple iPod Nano 4g (4th generation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad

It has serious issues with 4G as it only seems to work properly on 4G in the States and Canada; everywhere else seems to have problems with the 4G connectivity - See HERE (http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal-tech/tablets/232700387) for details.

Vortex Wake
11-07-2012, 15:40
Yes , hence the 'may have 4g' ;)

nath
12-07-2012, 21:59
I need to get the iPad 3 I think thats what I should have said in the beginning. We have the iPad 1 and in all fairness we have hardly used it where there was no wifi. But when spending this money my OH really wants all the options on there and rather pay a bit more than to end up regretting not getting it. I need to get into action slowly. I need to have it in hand by the end of the months (when it is his b-day). Thanks all!!!

Rickiebear
13-07-2012, 07:05
Hi BobMac, I have been told by Apple iPad 2, was withdrawn from sale, replaced by the iPad 3. The prices remained the same. Any remaining iPad 2s were offered to schools at a discounted price. I don't know about other retailers, but I do know that Argos followed this change, as the prices remained the same there would be little advantage in Apple retailers continuing to sell the older model.

Like Nath's husband I wanted a model that was at the top of the range, so that I had all the options. I now use my iPad as my main computer.

BobMac
13-07-2012, 14:32
Hi BobMac, I have been told by Apple iPad 2, was withdrawn from sale, replaced by the iPad 3. The prices remained the same. Any remaining iPad 2s were offered to schools at a discounted price. I don't know about other retailers, but I do know that Argos followed this change, as the prices remained the same there would be little advantage in Apple retailers continuing to sell the older model.

Like Nath's husband I wanted a model that was at the top of the range, so that I had all the options. I now use my iPad as my main computer.

That might be Apple's position but as at 14:30 today this was what was shown on the Argos website - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/24662409/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C144 18968/c_2/2%7C14418968%7CiPad+and+Tablets%7C24662256/c_3/3%7Ccat_24662256%7CiPads%7C24662409.htm

HMV are also selling the new Ipad and the Ipad 2 and they have both in stock.

timmylish
13-07-2012, 17:06
If this comes out you,ll find to-day,s prices from MediaMarkt!
http://www.mediamarkt.es/?langId=&layer=flyer&exportName=E_MM_TEN_1207AM2

nath
13-07-2012, 17:59
If this comes out you,ll find to-day,s prices from MediaMarkt!
http://www.mediamarkt.es/?langId=&layer=flyer&exportName=E_MM_TEN_1207AM2

thanks! the link worked but great. unfortunately no offer on the version with 4G added to it.