PDA

View Full Version : WANTED in Tenerife Live Arico shops need a security camera

caroletenerife
08-07-2012, 17:26
Needed for Live Arico Charity shop!!!!!
Does anyone have an old security camera, even if its broken, that we can put into the Los Cristianos shop. They have a BIG problem with the African street sellers, who can get quite aggressive and are stealing and intimidating the staff who are in many cases elderly ladies.
The police do get called, but we need as many deterrents as we can get, many thanks if you can help

chifleta
09-07-2012, 14:50
that's disgusting... but why do I still act surprised at stuff like this.... insert a couple of blue words here.... hope you get something sorted .... oh, a friend of mine installed a sort of panic bell thing, that could be an idea, just like a VERY LOUD doorbell type ringer, at least it alerts others or frightens them off ...

caroletenerife
10-07-2012, 00:34
I was thinking along the lines of a tazer...we get no bother in the San Eugenio shop, but i have always dismissed their haggling and banned a couple when we first opened. Plus we have a big dog....they dont like dogs!!!haha. Theres a thought, a big Presa Canario!!!

chifleta
10-07-2012, 11:51
LOL a tazer is a bit extreme (though I must admit my son thinks i'm a bit of a nutter as I crack up every time I see some crazy being tazered on those police programmes) ...... I know what you mean about haggling, pushy or what... you'll have to stick signs up everywhere "no haggling" "no discounts this is a charity shop" "no thieving YOU ARE BEING RECORDED" .... grrrr makes me so angry - I worked in a shop a few years back and know how it is, taught me to have eyes in the back of my head and stuff was still stolen, even out of the window display... incredible.... a Presa Canario sounds like a plan LOL