AL JAY
08-07-2012, 22:40
And me! :cheers:

ozziecj
08-07-2012, 22:46
Just watched part one, great to see some of the old ones - loved the Animals

christa
08-07-2012, 22:49
Had a major memory jerk when I watched Rod sing Maggie May!

Also Everley Brothers : You've lost that loving feeling!

Such classics!

Can't imagine who's gonna be in top 10?

Think maybe: Queen - Take That - Beatles - Michael Jackson at least!

Anyone want to add their preferences?

AL JAY
08-07-2012, 22:49
Just watched part one, great to see some of the old ones - loved the Animals

So did i, I have just put it onto the 60s classic thread prior to reading this post!

ruffus
08-07-2012, 23:26
I did too, cannot wait for the next one

CaribeCelt
09-07-2012, 02:25
Beatles,Stones,Bowie and Oasis will have to be in top 10 surely?
Missed it tonight but will watch next one.

CaribeCelt
15-07-2012, 16:06
What's everybody tipping to be the favourite number 1 tonight??
I'm going for The Beatles "Hey Jude.

Suej
15-07-2012, 16:10
I'm not watching it! I would love to know how they get to end result! isn't it normally "Imagine" John Lennon!!!:laugh:

CaribeCelt
15-07-2012, 16:49
I'm not watching it! I would love to know how they get to end result! isn't it normally "Imagine" John Lennon!!!:laugh:

I forgot about that...you could be right:agree:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry SueJ but you and me were wrong:angry:

But still "Hey Jude" to me is number 1.......forever.
It must be Oasis:D:D

slodgedad
15-07-2012, 23:48
Just watched it. Bohemian Rhapsody. Could've been worse.

Suej
16-07-2012, 11:01
I forgot about that...you could be right:agree:

Sorry SueJ but you and me were wrong:angry:

But still "Hey Jude" to me is number 1.......forever.
It must be Oasis:D:D

AH well can't win 'em all!!! I'm sure it was up there in the top ten somewhere!!!:hello:

Malteser Monkey
16-07-2012, 11:03
anyone know what the top ten were ?

just out of interest thanks

Suej
16-07-2012, 11:05
anyone know what the top ten were ?

just out of interest thanks

You read my mind Monkey!!! just as I last posted I meant to ask! but you have been up longer than me!!!:snore::lol:

Malteser Monkey
16-07-2012, 11:32
You read my mind Monkey!!! just as I last posted I meant to ask! but you have been up longer than me!!!:snore::lol:

I keep getting notifications now whenever someone posts where I have ? what's that all about pls

Suej
16-07-2012, 12:00
I keep getting notifications now whenever someone posts where I have ? what's that all about pls
It's a new thing that Kirsty has added! everytime you get mentioned in a post you get a notification! Keep up Monkey!!!:spin:

Malteser Monkey
16-07-2012, 12:03
Oh right thanks hun

so this top ten ?

Boatman Azza
14-11-2012, 13:05
Had a major memory jerk when I watched Rod sing Maggie May!

Also Everley Brothers : You've lost that loving feeling!

Such classics!

Sorry to correct you but it was the Righteous Brothers who sang Youve lost that lovin feeling,not the Everlys :sorry: :whistle: :)
Well not unless they also did a version in which case im sorry and ill shut me gob :bowdown:
I didnt see the show but i guess Band Aid is there,Wet wet wet was at no.1 forever with Love is all around...as was Bryan Adams Everything i do. The Beatles/John Lennon must be-Queens Bo Rhap too. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zep usually crops up on these things too...im not even sure if that ever was no.1 or not,does anyone know if it was or not?

Beatles,Stones,Bowie and Oasis will have to be in top 10 surely?
Missed it tonight but will watch next one.

Im not sure if the Stones will be in the top 10 as they havent really had much success with no.1 singles...well not since the 60s anyway :)
Mind you i personally dont like the Stones music of the 70s onward IMHO i much prefer some of their early R&B stuff and Paint it black,Gimme Shelter,Sympathy for the devil etc is them at their best i think...hopefully songs like that make it ahead of crap novelty no.1s footballers songs or Cliffs Mistletoe and wine (or is that 'wHine')? hahaha but this is about no.1s and pop music and the record industry and as in most industry it aint what you know its who you know....i dunno who buys todays chart music but i think gone are the days of the classic no.1s that seem timeless-recent hits arent so memorable to me and i think im so out of touch with popular culture these days its all alien to me :dontknow:
I seem to have strayed terribly off topic on 1 of my meandering writings :whistle:
I was only gonna say i didnt see the show :crylaughing: