PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the John Terry trial proceedings?

TenerifeTeddy
11-07-2012, 12:07
Am I the only one appalled by what is being reported at the John Terry trial?

These guys are supposed to be multimillionaire adult sportsmen. Who presumably are also expected to act as role models.

The language being reported, is the same sort of language I am ashamed to say we used to use in the school playground 40 years ago. I am originally from London and it seems that things haven't moved on.

Apart from the racist "black" word being inserted, there would be no trial, but is it really acceptable that the sort of "industrial" language is being routinely used with children who can pick it all up attending matches close to pitchside. Or is it that they are just so spoiled that no one dare tell them that such language is unnaceptable and sets a poor example.

henry
11-07-2012, 12:15
is this john terry who running for president in the states?

willowlily
11-07-2012, 13:13
would there have been a court case if the word " BLACK " had been replaced with
" WHITE i" . this is pc gone mad, these footballers have been using obcene language for quite a while now.
the british government may not realise this but the more they use the racist card in a one sided fashion the more society will resent other people from ethnic groups and it is cases like this that get the B.N.P votes.

TOTO 99
11-07-2012, 13:56
I think "racism" is a bit old hat now. We've moved on.
I grew up in the 60's and loads of tv shows thought nothing of taking the mickey out of blacks. Love thy neighbour, Alf Garnet etc all on prime time tv. But that was a long time ago.
Now these phrases as used by John Terry don't really carry a great deal of meaning or venom.
No different to the abuse given to fat, ginger, bald people etc. The first thing you see is used to describe them, hastilly followed by the swear word.
From what I've seen of JT I'm not keen on him but I'd put my shirt on him not being a racist.
He should know how to control and conduct himself better but obviously he doesn't.
Other than his disciples, I would imagine the majority of people think he's made a fool of himself. What is the point in giving him a fine equal to one hours wage? Justice will come his way during the course of his working day next season...
As for racism, I think it's confined to the ranks of the BNP and co. Normal people just get on with it.
I swear a lot, as do many people, but I'd never do it where it would be deemed offensive.
And of course, you'll never hear any of my beloved Manchester Utd players swearing.....lol

candy2411
11-07-2012, 14:02
John Terry must be a very worried man this week, if he's found guilty and I fail to see how he can't be when there's video evidence, he can say goodbye to all that sponsorship money for sure.

Think it's farcical when his team mates are called to give evidence , not one of them will say anything damaging as there'll be another situation like the JT/Rio Ferdinand situation where they'll not play together.

When this trial is over I wonder what action the FA will take, its not that different to the Suarez case where I think the ban was 8 matches, be interesting to see the outcome

TenerifeTeddy
11-07-2012, 15:17
John Terry must be a very worried man this week, if he's found guilty and I fail to see how he can't be when there's video evidence, he can say goodbye to all that sponsorship money for sure.

Think it's farcical when his team mates are called to give evidence , not one of them will say anything damaging as there'll be another situation like the JT/Rio Ferdinand situation where they'll not play together.

When this trial is over I wonder what action the FA will take, its not that different to the Suarez case where I think the ban was 8 matches, be interesting to see the outcome

Exactly, I'm sure that is why he has bought a QC to a magistrates court. It's not the paltry fine from the courts that will hurt him but the loss of sponsorship and the sanction that the FA will then give out, perhaps 8 or so matches on the sidelines will moderate his behaviour next time

carpenter
11-07-2012, 15:55
The use of the nigga word in rap songs is deemed to be perfectly acceptable. Hey nigga! you my nigga! my nigga's gonna bust a cap in your ****. That's ok apparently, why? just because it's spelt differently shouldn't make any difference as it sounds exactly the same.

Does this mean that I can write the word Packie?

Words can only be classed as racist if the man using the word is a racist in my opinion and racism is not a crime it is a disease that needs to be treated. So is JT a racist? No! Should he be in court? No!

West mids tyke
11-07-2012, 17:23
if there is anybody that is guilty in this case its anton ferdinand who started the alleged conversation and JT was just repeating it so the racist should be Ferdinand who even after the game said he never heard it so surely no case to answer JT INNOCENT end of

garlicbread
11-07-2012, 21:22
Apparently Liverpool FC have offered Chelsea £15M for him, but are only interested if he's found guilty;)

candy2411
11-07-2012, 22:01
Apparently Liverpool FC have offered Chelsea £15M for him, but are only interested if he's found guilty;)

His footballing ability is not under scrutiny.....but PLEASE tell me this is a wind up?eek2: