PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Apartment with internet access required for long let from November in south Tenerife

antwob
11-07-2012, 17:26
Hi,

I'm looking for an apartment in South Tenerife to rent for me and my girlfriend, from November 2012. We are looking at initially 4 months, and then maybe extending it longer.

The most important is that I work from home and need a reliable, fast (2MB+) Internet connection. Does anyone have or know of any apartments that already have an Internet connection available? I've had lots of trouble here in mainland Spain getting a reliable connection using WiMax, so this is an absolute must for me.

Thanks

bunnygirl34
11-07-2012, 19:20
Hi there,
i have an apt availble from end of oct onwards,my current guests use a dongle that you pay monthly with and theres no contract,the company is: http://www.masmovil.es/
the property details are:
A modern bright 1 bedroom open-plan apartment with seperate bedroom area available from mid - end Oct 2012 for long lets in Torviscas Bajo..

Fully Furnished

SATALITTE TV/DVD/CD
Walking distance to a wide range of amenities and of course the beach..

Three freshly renovated swimming pools...

A south facing balcony with awning overlooking complex grounds and sea views..

Parking available..

550 Euros pm (this includes 50 euros water + elec pm)

Please pm me for more info and photos.

I can forward some photos if you let me know your email address...many thanks Esther :)

blackbird
11-07-2012, 19:37
Hey, you can try Apartments in Callao Salvaje, Mirador de la Gomera complex. We are living in one now. Its 1 bedroom, very spacious. Has a garage, terrace, right next to the new beach. Comes with basic furniture and all basic stuff in the kitchen. We pay 450 monthly + bills.
About the internet, you can get it from phone line, we use Vodafone, modem WIFI, and the connection is always stable. As I work as graphic designer and web builder, its totally fine for me, also use it a lot in Skype, and never had a problem. If you are interested, PM me, I will give you number of the landlord. They are couple apartments empty at the moment and we are moving out in October (not because of the apartment, just going to work in UK), so you can even move in in ours. Regards, Ali

antwob
12-07-2012, 08:11
@bunnygirl34

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using a dongle here in mainland Spain, and the limit is far too little for me. I can easily use the monthly allowance within a few days. Which is why I'm looking for an apartment which has a connection already available.

@blackbird

Thanks for the reply. With the Internet connection that you have, I presume it has a 1 year contract minimum?. Problem is, we will probably only be there for a maximum of 6 months. The apartment I currently have n Nerja has a phone line, but no company I could find were willing to connect the Internet without a minimum 1 year contract. I've sent you a PM.

bunnygirl34
15-07-2012, 15:10
my current tenants seem very happy with this dongal...
i emailed the guy from this company...and they say..."Mas Movil's are very fast at 7.2 mbps money back no quibble if not happy", but i appreciate your concerns! :)

antwob
15-07-2012, 18:03
bunnygirl34

Thanks for the reply :-). I currently have a connection with Carrefour, which currently offer the best in mainland Spain. However it's actually the data limit which is a problem for me, not the speed. Carrefour offer 3GB a month, which I can easily use in a few days. My work involves uploading and downloading some very large files. My current ISP is very expensive and very unreliable, and uses a wireless antenna. If only a mobile operator would offer unlimited data, I'd jump at it.

Since we're only going to be in Tenerife for 6 months, it will probably just work out to cheaper to pay the remaining six months on the Internet when we leave, and cancel the contract that way. But the property would need an already connected phone line.