PDA

View Full Version : bono bus

johns.wells
12-07-2012, 02:52
Hi All
just a quick question i am coming back to tenerife on holiday in august and usually i book a mini bus as there was always four or five of us and we usually arrived about 20:00,but this year only three of us and arriving about lunch time so i was thinking maybe we will get the bus 342 up to puerto de la cruz we have always wanted to try but never had the gumption
so i am wondering how much with bono bus from the airport (south) to puerto for two adults and one child 10yrs also are they available in the airport.
thank you john.
ps heading to the new robin hood first stop !!!!

Rickiebear
12-07-2012, 06:59
Hi we always use the local bus between the airport and Puerto. It is very easy. We either catch the bus direct to Puerto, or rather than waiting, catch the bus to Santa Cruz bus station and then a second bus from there to Puerto. This is just as easy as the Puerto bus is waiting close by. The cost 6€ is the same as the BONO card recognises the previous journey. The journey is the same as both these buses are express.
The bus as you know comes into Puerto via La Paz.
You can buy a BONO card from a shop at the far end of the Airport. The buses stop right outside the dors of the airport, under the white sail. There is an electronic bus sign telling you when the next bus is due.
A BONO card lasts a year.

tfs1
12-07-2012, 07:07
and the bono cards are either €12 or €30

Chris

Vortex Wake
12-07-2012, 07:24
Just remember that suitcases (including carry-on suitcases ) tend to have to be put in the luggage hold of the bus - so remove valuables and have them with you.

People can make mistakes on which suitcases they take ;) ,.

junglejim
12-07-2012, 07:38
The fare can be calculated on this link - the bus is 343 - €6.55 with bono
http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=tarifas&IdSeccion=52

Excellent link here fron Vortex Wake on situation of shop in airport to buy Bono.
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11277-Where-can-I-buy-a-Bono-at-Tenerife-south-Airport

tfs1
12-07-2012, 07:42
The bus driver will insist on cases being placed in the side holds of the bus. There have been in the past rare instances of cases being removed (by local opportunists) when the bus has stopped to pick up /drop people off.

Maybe if you have cases place them on the drivers side of the bus which is normally away from pavements and bus stops. However, the down side is you may have to risk your life getting them when you arrive at your stop !

Chris

ribuck
12-07-2012, 12:13
There have been in the past rare instances of cases being removed (by local opportunists) when the bus has stopped to pick up /drop people off
I make a point of sitting by a window on the right-hand side of the bus. Then I can easily check that no-one takes my suitcase.