PDA

View Full Version : Freeze on issuing residencias has been lifted

Goldenmaniac
12-07-2012, 12:09
New requirements here in Spanish in BOE-A-2012-9218 - summary in English here
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#NewRegsResidencia
Tasa increased to 10 euros 30
Changes to requirements include proof of employment amongst other things.

Also contrary to mis-information put out recently European Citizens MUST ATTEND THE EXTRANJERIA IN PERSON to obtain their residencia registration cardboard certificate. The On Line system does not apply to EU citizens

CIM
12-07-2012, 12:17
Will you need any of this to change the green residencia A4 sheet to the new Residencia card? Or is is just a straight swop?

KirstyJay
12-07-2012, 13:07
What about for kids? Surely they don't need proof of employment?!

I can see this being a real problem for new expats planning on moving out, as they will need legal employment to get it, but won't be given legal employment without it! It may increase the black economy and illegal immigrants, though I think it's supposed to reduce it... Hmmmm

Goldenmaniac
12-07-2012, 13:45
Will you need any of this to change the green residencia A4 sheet to the new Residencia card? Or is is just a straight swop?

It will depend in the wording on your green certificate and when you applied for it. If it includes the words "residente comunitario con carácter permanente en españa" (one or 2 lines above your name which is in bold) then there is no obligation to change (you can if you want to to have the more convenient smaller format, but you will have to pay and go to the Police station as you did originally and prove that your paper is damaged or lost or stolen ie hand it in or bring a denuncia)
However if your residencia green paper does not have that wording you will need to renew it 5 years from the date of issue and you will have to comply with the new regs (remember the date of issue will be in words not numbers and you can find it in the paragraph just above the stamp and signature. Any time while it still has "life in it" you can exchange it provided you can show that your paper is damaged or lost or stolen

It's also worth pointing out to avoid confusing those that remember the old style plastic cards the new residence card is green made of lightweight cardboard and DOES NOT carry your picture and is of no use as a means of identification - it must be used in conjunction with your passport (or your own national ID card if you are German or French for example)

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/images/NewResCertMay2011.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What about for kids? Surely they don't need proof of employment?!

I can see this being a real problem for new expats planning on moving out, as they will need legal employment to get it, but won't be given legal employment without it! It may increase the black economy and illegal immigrants, though I think it's supposed to reduce it... Hmmmm
As has always been the case Eu citzens childrens' residencias are issued after inspection of the documentation of the parent - When the childs' document expires or on application for the first time the parent will have to show that they meet the requirements

Los familiares nacionales de un Estado miembro de la Unión Europea o de otro Estado parte en el Acuerdo sobre el Espacio Económico Europeo y de Suiza, recogidos en los apartados 1, 2 y 3 de este artículo, deberán solicitar la inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjeros de acuerdo con lo contemplado en la presente Orden

tracy hampshire
12-07-2012, 14:29
i wonder what happens, when you have been married here, neither one of us are spanish, but were married here & have the libro de familia ?

Goldenmaniac
12-07-2012, 16:04
i wonder what happens, when you have been married here, neither one of us are spanish, but were married here & have the libro de familia ?

You are subject to the same rules as other non Spanish European Citizens as are any children you may have (until or unless at age 16 they decide to take Spanish citizenship by dint of having been born here) The family book just means things are abit easier for you - you don't have to get Uk birth and marriage certificates apostilled or translated.

chifleta
12-07-2012, 17:12
Goldenmaniac.... you are a star :thanx::spin::cheer:

i've got the A4 permanent one, and although it's a bit scraggy (now safely ensconsed in a plastic folder and I take a plastificated shrunken copy with me instead), it'll hold out for a good while yet... you've saved me a lot of reading and a trip down to the police station... so a big thanks from me :)

anegib
12-07-2012, 17:34
Goldenmania thank you very much for your advice on Residencia A4 paper. Sorry am having trouble messaging you to say thanks.

Megaloo
12-07-2012, 20:01
It will depend in the wording on your green certificate and when you applied for it. If it includes the words "residente comunitario con carácter permanente en españa" (one or 2 lines above your name which is in bold) then there is no obligation to change (you can if you want to to have the more convenient smaller format, but you will have to pay and go to the Police station as you did originally and prove that your paper is damaged or lost or stolen ie hand it in or bring a denuncia)
However if your residencia green paper does not have that wording you will need to renew it 5 years from the date of issue and you will have to comply with the new regs (remember the date of issue will be in words not numbers and you can find it in the paragraph just above the stamp and signature. Any time while it still has "life in it" you can exchange it provided you can show that your paper is damaged or lost or stolen

It's also worth pointing out to avoid confusing those that remember the old style plastic cards the new residence card is green made of lightweight cardboard and DOES NOT carry your picture and is of no use as a means of identification - it must be used in conjunction with your passport (or your own national ID card if you are German or French for example)

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/images/NewResCertMay2011.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

As has always been the case Eu citzens childrens' residencias are issued after inspection of the documentation of the parent - When the childs' document expires or on application for the first time the parent will have to show that they meet the requirements

Thank you for pointing out the difference of permanente, mine was replaced with the green form when I had my original photo card stolen, now realise this should have been renewed when the original was due to be renewed.
My Husband had his renewed at the expiry of his old card so his is permanente. So I am now be in trouble for an out of date certificate which I thought was for life. Joy of joys.

MrsTT
12-07-2012, 22:23
Thanks for the update.