PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Club apartment owners thread

broret
14-06-2011, 22:52
Can we open the thread and update the progress of the improvements being made to the complex thanks

slodgedad
14-06-2011, 22:53
You just have

callao girl
26-06-2011, 10:23
what happened to the origonal orlado owners page started by bunnygirl

broret
26-06-2011, 13:13
I think they lost everything - we have had to re-register and all the old stuff has gone !!

callao girl
06-07-2011, 20:55
i was over there 3 weeks ago and the small pool looked nearly finished just needed the glass panels on and filled sooo is it now finished?
block 1 was being re tiled on each landing sooo is that finish? and we were getting new covers for the water meters which means we can't turn off or on the water when not there we have to ask the office to do it for us
has the apartment in block 5 that went on fire been mended?
i hope they don't start on the large pool till after the summer as the small one has taken so long.
has the car park on the sky park side been finished?
are there many brits who actualy live on here?
anyone know when the finger prints start?
soooo many questions, so little time
back in a few weeks can't wait

PlanetBren
17-07-2011, 19:45
We are over again in August - Is the large pool going to have a tasteful glass screen around it, or a an awful concrete and painted wall like a bull-ring - I really do hope they preserve the lovley outlay & view of the main pool - its one of Orlando's best features and it would be a shame to loose it behind a brick wall!!!

What about all the cats & dogs around the complex - Ive heard this is a growing problem that has been targeted, anyone know anything???

If any britts wanna meet up for a drink and catch-up on any local changes / info, send us a messageHopful

bunnygirl34
30-07-2011, 12:58
hi there,just wondered if anyone would be interested in buying a baby sit in walker off me after my holiday there on 6 sept onwards,as ive bought one just for the hols,ive paid 20 euros 2nd hand,so looking for an offer,im obviously on orlando,so was thinking it would be handy if anyone else on the complex would want it? thanks for any offers!

callao girl
27-08-2011, 11:50
hi smaller pool now finished very nice. gate left open untill finger prints are in place, maybe end of sep, trying it out with the staff first this month
lets hope it all works as is is supposed too. large pool maybe started after oct hope it does not take as long, tenerife just gets better and better i love it want to stay for ever, working on hubby

bunnygirl34
09-09-2011, 20:20
hi everyone,just wondered if anyone else on orlando has problems with the uk tv from about 10pm every day,with flickering quite badly..i mentioned it to the office,and she made note,but think she needs more complaints to get something done...so please do complain!!
also has anyone had the info from the last meeting in english at all? :dontknow:

callao girl
10-09-2011, 11:52
yep got mine yesterday 17 pages long
only 2 more weeks till were back can't wait, if i had my way wouldn't leave, but i don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bunnygirl34
14-09-2011, 20:55
photo of smaller pool with glass surrounding..hope this picture works?!

Added after 4 minutes:

few more!

LiLmissSunshine
20-11-2011, 20:48
Hey, Has anyone else lost their UK TV? i've tried retuning a few times and still can't pick up the channels.

broret
21-11-2011, 14:04
Does anyone know of a launderette close by, I have friends coming to stay for a few weeks and I dont have a washing machine.

thanks

broret
28-11-2011, 14:35
Hey, Has anyone else lost their UK TV? i've tried retuning a few times and still can't pick up the channels.

Hi we need a set top box to get channels as the TV has gone digital and the analogue signal has been turned off. My friend has a new flat screen TV with digital and someone from the office showed her how to tune it in as it stopped working when the analogue signal stopped. Does anyone know where we can buy them from and how much, or can I bring one over from the UK that cost about £20 and will it work ?
Thanks

cressrt
08-12-2011, 21:13
We bought one for just under 20 euros for an owner that we clean for on Orlando and fitted and tuned it within a couple of minutes and it works fine. We bought it in a small electrical local that is part of Afortunados in Las Chafiras. I don't think one from England would work.

Tarw
14-01-2012, 10:22
How is the work coming allong on the large pool is it going any quicker than the small one which took a year to complete

cressrt
17-01-2012, 15:54
We were there today and the large pool is still not open and no sign of it being finished any time soon. I'm not sure how well the fingerprint entry system is going to work. We've had ours done and still struggle to get in using the system. The readers just don't seem to want to read the finger and it takes quite a number of try's before it works. My husband also slightly burnt his finger and now he can't get in at all he needs to go and have it done again. :(

callao girl
19-02-2012, 15:12
hi
i'mover 26th feb any other owners there at same time be nice to meet some owners for a gossip about life on the orlando

PlanetBren
25-02-2012, 23:43
has anyone in the Orlando Complex been contacted by the illegal letting inspectors yet, and does anyone know how you can check if you have been issued with a fine when you dont live there yourself... Kind regards...

broret
25-02-2012, 23:59
hi
i'mover 26th feb any other owners there at same time be nice to meet some owners for a gossip about life on the orlando
Hi we are over on the 28th for a week. Got the pictures of the new pool sent from the office.

cressrt
26-02-2012, 09:52
Planetbren, put your NIE in google. Lots of stuff will come up saying that this is an NIE etc ignore all that and look for something about fines. If you can't see anything then you haven't had a fine, "yet".

PlanetBren
26-02-2012, 09:54
Hi,

Thanks for that - it just lists lots of NIE numbers... Is there a link somewhere to click on for fines - i so, do you know where it is or what it is called???

Where do they they send the notification to and if your not aware of it how can you challange it

Is anyone there during last 2 weeks in March

callao girl
13-05-2012, 20:04
hi
any one got a 1 or 2 bed available for one week frome 28th december
please pm
thanks

LiLmissSunshine
13-05-2012, 20:58
hi
any one got a 1 or 2 bed available for one week frome 28th december
please pm
thanks

Orlando is a Residential complex, so I don't think it can be rented out to tourists.

johnmcandrew
17-05-2012, 09:43
I just moved into Orlando last month. Block 1

I love it there, although my Balcony doesn't see the sun i won't be complaining in the height of sunmmer!!

Anyone got an contact for the community office so i can email or phone them.

I have a friend coming to visit but i'm not going to be back from offshore until a week after he arrives, he has my key for the main gate and my front door but he won't be able to access the pool or anything.

Also, i don't know anyone in Tenerife or my complex so anyone want to meet up for a beer sometime i'd be glad of the company. My neighbours are Chinese and Spanish... i don't speak either of those languages.

Thanks in advance

Shugstar63
17-05-2012, 10:13
Hi,

Thanks for that - it just lists lots of NIE numbers... Is there a link somewhere to click on for fines - i so, do you know where it is or what it is called???

Where do they they send the notification to and if your not aware of it how can you challange it

Is anyone there during last 2 weeks in March

You haven't been fined yet,then.

Try googling illegal lettings tenerife and a lady's name should come up......check website

Lots of good information & advice.....check out illegal lettings discussions on right.

siobhanGA
15-07-2012, 16:42
Hey, just got back from staying at the orlando in a friends appartment. I was just wondering if some of you who live their could help me out? I started talking to a few people who live at the complex however i didnt catch there names, stupid i know! Anyway I was just wondering if any of you might know them and could help me with their names so i could find them on facebook? If anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it, if you could just message me on here and I will try to describe them to you? Those who hang around the pool alot i presume will know who I mean! thanks!

broret
01-08-2012, 14:28
hi - just got back from the sunny land of Tenerife, the complex is looking lovely now with the pools all finished, just a note to let people know that in some places on the complex you can get free WIFI - WIFI Mundo is available, just register for the free WIFI and away you go, a bit slow at times but better than nothing, will put some photos on of the pool -

PlanetBren
01-08-2012, 14:55
hi - just got back from the sunny land of Tenerife, the complex is looking lovely now with the pools all finished, just a note to let people know that in some places on the complex you can get free WIFI - WIFI Mundo is available, just register for the free WIFI and away you go, a bit slow at times but better than nothing, will put some photos on of the pool -

Hi,

Free WIFi and new pools........ Things are looking up. We are out there next week and are looking forward to seeing any improvments and were hoping they would be getting around to painting the complex by now - I had heard they might paint it all one colour scheme to make it look a little more uniformed and easier to maintain - Has anyone else heard anything about this??????

I am out there from 9 August if anyone wants to meet-up. Would be good to catch-up with other owners to get updated on any more planned changes. Send us a message to arrange a meet-up

Have they sorted out the problems with those one or two barking dogs from the odd residents

Cheers.........

coxan56
14-08-2012, 16:35
Hi. I am a bit concerned about illegal letting as my friend has booked a 3 week holiday here will it be a problem for her, she didn't know it was a residential complex

fixer
14-08-2012, 23:33
No your friend is doing nothing wrong its the owner who risks a fine by holiday letting on a residential complex.

Tarw
08-09-2012, 07:56
Hi all any other owners notice the huge price rise in their electricity bills last month, thought uk was bad enough but 55% man thats steep. Dont know if its all over the place or just the Orlando that has had this rise I dont know how it works over there.

broret
08-09-2012, 11:45
hi yes we have just had our bill and wondered if somthing was at fault in the apartment to cause such a large bill, will have to try some power saving technics, pity we cant get some solar power set up with all that sunshine !!!

junglejim
08-09-2012, 12:52
we had an issue with electricity bills last year being high -when we questioned the Administrator it turned out his "calculation" programme on his computer was faulty and overcharging .
Check your consumption figures (KWh) against previous and unit charge -query Administrator or President as to why it has risen ,as electricity prices this year have not risen anywhere near 50% .

Tarw
08-09-2012, 17:47
No calculator needed for my apartment as i have not been out for a couple of months. Unit was 0.1163 now 0.18 = 55% rise thats a bit steep in anyones book i think.

junglejim
08-09-2012, 18:57
0.1163 per unit is very low,our unit charge per KWh was 0.18 earlier this year which we queried and was confirmed as correct .It was same price last year and I was expecting an increase as previous years they hadn´t applied increases causing a deficit in charges.

Tarw
10-09-2012, 10:12
I have been told that the rise is because there was no rise last year so this is now the new price, still thats a huge increase. Now more expensive than the price i pay in so called rip off Britain i think that title is changing hands very quickly this last couple of years.

broret
14-09-2012, 14:07
I have just had confirmation from Montse, the price increased on the 1st July to 0.18 per KW for electric and 2.50 per M3 for water. According to Junglejim we must have been having it cheap before. :)

Tarw
20-10-2012, 11:13
Has anyone taken a look at the lates reports from the recent meating it makes for some disturbing reading, especially the report by Mr Orlando on the finances and missing funds.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Please excuse the above spelling it was done by my granddaughter, although mine isn’t much better. :ashamed:

Minnie Mouse
29-10-2012, 15:40
Does anyone know of any 2 beds for rent in Orlando? Im in Bloque 6 at the moment but expecting a baby soon and would like a bigger apartment.

broret
09-01-2013, 13:13
Hi
Anyboby heard anything about a drunk driver hitting the wall round Orlando during christmas hols, and its now been demolished so anyone can walk in, no key or finger prints ? Any one know when they are going to repair it ?

Agnese
25-01-2013, 15:53
Hello!
Nice family (2 and a half :) ) looking for apartment in Orlando complex, maybe somebody is willing to rent?
We used to live there before we left Tenerife and now as we are back, looking place to stay.
Will appriciate any help, thank You!

callao girl
23-03-2013, 19:47
Hi
Anyboby heard anything about a drunk driver hitting the wall round Orlando during christmas hols, and its now been demolished so anyone can walk in, no key or finger prints ? Any one know when they are going to repair it ?

All mended now

nelnkaye
29-03-2013, 12:19
Hi There.

I am looking for an apartment in Orlando, preferably one with pushchair access but not essential. We need the apartment from 27/12/2013 - 03/01/2014. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).

If anyone has an apartment or knows someone please do let me know. If we like the apartment we would look to book every year.

Thanks

Nel

chris
29-03-2013, 15:35
Hi There.

I am looking for an apartment in Orlando, preferably one with pushchair access but not essential. We need the apartment from 27/12/2013 - 03/01/2014. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).

If anyone has an apartment or knows someone please do let me know. If we like the apartment we would look to book every year.

Thanks

Nel

Nel,
Orlando is not a touristic complex.

nelnkaye
29-03-2013, 17:12
Nel,
Orlando is not a touristic complex.

Yes i realise this. I have close friends that have an apartment there and want to be close to them.

Angusjim
30-03-2013, 10:15
How many PM's did you get :wink:

fixer
30-03-2013, 10:27
How many PM's did you get :wink:

yes he has a lot of friends in Orlando so lots off pms.

nelnkaye
30-03-2013, 12:31
Sorry I am not sure what you mean.

callao girl
07-04-2013, 19:09
Anyone going to the agm? Im thinking about it but will there be a translator

elenapelena
12-05-2013, 11:22
Hiii
Can anybody tell me how much is the monthly cost for an apartment here for 3 persons, for the period from mid June and further
Please send me PM
Kind regards everybody

gemmajessica
01-02-2014, 18:16
not having much luck with a place in fanabe pueblo so has anyone got an apartment free on orlando 2 bed if possible from Tuesday 4th feb?!! tia x

lassy76
07-09-2014, 17:45
So what happening with the british tv channels been 9 months now with no tv just bs answers from community. Bout time british owners got together and done something as a group the president is taking the P*** with empty promises wouldn't happen if Spanish signal was playing up, brits need to stick together and get a leader to force their hand seems that the brits are keeping the place going with prompt payment of community fees maybe appoint a leader of brit owners to go down and demand something be done or community fees will be held back until it is. Come on owners sort it out

callao girl
04-10-2014, 12:47
Look at orland85-tenerife n face book we all got together about the tv we have 5 channels now since thursday

lassy76
09-10-2014, 16:58
Look at orland85-tenerife n face book we all got together about the tv we have 5 channels now since thursday

Yep I know, we r back out and hubby went down and told them he was stopping his community fees among a few other things in a very strong tone if u know what I mean so maybe it did the trick I don't know

lassy76
11-07-2015, 21:37
do you have a link for orlando on face book im just getting 2 peoples name btw i started a book swap in reception last week if anyone is interested

Tshirt
11-07-2015, 22:20
do you have a link for orlando on face book im just getting 2 peoples name btw i started a book swap in reception last week if anyone is interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176189732432316/?fref=ts

lassy76
12-07-2015, 15:20
Thank you much appreciated :thanx:

RachaelYoung
19-10-2015, 17:46
Hello do any owners have anything for long term rental? I am over on December 16-30th so I will be looking before and during my stay for long term accommodation preferably in Orlando complex as I know the area well. I will be teaching. Please get in touch if anybody knows of any owners here. (I know this is an old post but just wanted to try my luck haha!) Thanks folks