PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Adverts on Oasis and Canarian Weekly work

woodchip68
13-07-2012, 19:40
Last week I placed ads on Oasis Fm and in the Canarian Weekly for canaribay.com. The adverts went out today for a month and the response to the site has been unbelievable.

I'm seriously thinking of increasing the ads on Oasis.

Bravo Oasis Fm and Canarian Weekly

KirstyJay
13-07-2012, 19:47
You could advertise on the forum (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?139-Tenerife-Forum-Advertising) too ;)

woodchip68
13-07-2012, 19:54
I already do for my photography hobby. But if Tenerife Forum make me a good banner I'll buy it. By the way I've included TF's banner on the sites front page. Community spirit and all that.

KirstyJay
13-07-2012, 20:32
I already do for my photography hobby. But if Tenerife Forum make me a good banner I'll buy it. By the way I've included TF's banner on the sites front page. Community spirit and all that.

Thanks for the link and good luck with it! We certainly need something like this. :)

I dunno whether you know, but I started up the first ebay-style website for the canaries about 8 years ago now called 'canarian exchange' and soon realised you really have to advertise it to get it off the ground, as without items for sale, people won't visit and without visitors people won't post stuff for sale.

I didn't have the cash to fund all the advertising at the time, as the whole idea came about because I wanted to sell all my baby stuff and there was nowhere to list it. All my cash was tied up on the kids! :D

I've seen a few similar sites come and go since... a lot of them using the same software I used. I've sold my site and software licence on since. :)

I'm not sure, but I may have even owned your domain name at one time ;)

woodchip68
13-07-2012, 21:02
I understand where your coming from. So far canaribay has cost a small fortune and many hours of work by my IT department in the UK.

We have a very successful business that was made this way by pure guts, determination to succeed and alot of hard work.

We never had any funding and along the journey we learnt how to do things and make things happen the hard way.

We won business of the year in 2007 at the house of commons out of 150,000 nominations and since then I developed a passion to help small businesses get on their feet with experience rather than funds.

The biggest issue we faced was marketing and this is the main reason why we launched this site as I explained here http://www.canaribay.com/index.php?a=28&b=138

I had to post this on the site as so many here are really sceptical over anything for free

woodchip68
15-07-2012, 09:52
Nearly 6000 hits to the site Friday and Saturday. Something is obviously working well. :o)

KirstyJay
15-07-2012, 14:15
Nearly 6000 hits to the site Friday and Saturday. Something is obviously working well. :o)What you 'should' have done... is have some sort of offer sign up code on each of your ads... a different code for each ad... then using your software vouchercode signup results you could see which ad/s worked best so that you could concentrate further advertising budgets in those areas. If you're not getting thru traffic, then it's wasted money.

You really need to be tracking your ads... because ones in a newspaper or on the radio cannot be tracked, as people go on their PC and type the URL in. With forum ads, you have the banner stats from the forum and your own analytics, so you can track it to some extent, and from the oasis or C/W websites, likewise (unless someone sees the ad but doesn't click the link and instead visits later in their browser)... but for leaflet, newspaper or radio campaigns you need other types of tracking and you have to make sure there's an incentive for people to put that tracking code in, otherwise they won't. ;) Hence an 'offer' of some kind :)

Also, try a facebook campaign. Not too expensive and you can target it geographically. I have done this with my English teaching business. I only target my local area, as the only people that would be interested in my classes would live local to the school. It's worked well for me :) No point me advertising that on the forum, as everyone speaks English on here already ;) :D

woodchip68
15-07-2012, 14:41
I don't really do that Kirsty, I cheat, I have peeps in the UK in my IT and Marketing depts. I like your thinking though and I'll ask them on Monday. I battered them enough times this weekend. :whistle: