PDA

View Full Version : Television My 'free-to-air' satellite receiver has gone off, any info?

Fred Perry
14-07-2012, 18:54
Has anyone else got one of the free to air tv boxes? I can only pick up a few channels like Sky News, BBC red button, CNN, Welsh Channel 4 etc but a few days ago it went off with the signal light just flickering on and off.

Not sure if it is me or it has happened to everyone? (as if the satellite has moved)
I have checked all connections and they seem to be ok. Any clues?

Thanks.

slodgedad
14-07-2012, 22:28
Don't know exactly what you mean but if it is Sky then we are having no problems even with a small dish

Fred Perry
15-07-2012, 01:21
No, it is free to air system that you do not pay for. Itīs probably my box or dish. cheers anyway.

slodgedad
15-07-2012, 01:29
Hope you don't mind me asking, Fred, but what exactly is a 'free to air' satellite system in Tenerife?

Fred Perry
15-07-2012, 13:31
Its a small box you can buy that costs just 40€ or so. You only need a small dish then you can recieve a few channels for free like Sky News. You literally can only get 5 or 6 channels but as it is for nothing it is worth it.

anyway, its probably my box has packed in, it is 6/7 years old so suppose it has done well.