PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flown with Jet2 to Tenerife, and what are your experiences?

Carol55
14-07-2012, 23:35

I am thinking of flying to Tenerife with Jet2 from Glasgow, has anyone flown with them, and what are your opinions after using them.

macdonald5
14-07-2012, 23:42

I am thinking of flying to Tenerife with Jet2 from Glasgow, has anyone flown with them, and what are your opinions after using them.

We have used Jet2 from Glasgow a few times since Globespan went under, great flight times 8.30 am out, 2ish back from Tenerife, 22kilo luggage,prices as good as any. All flights usually on time .We prefer to Ryanair

slodgedad
14-07-2012, 23:43
I've used Jet2 in the past, not from Scotland BTW, and I wasn't impressed.

Much prefer Ryanair as a budget airline.

Carol55
14-07-2012, 23:53

Slodge, I have flown with Ryanaire for years and have never had a problem with them, but they don't put their flights up for sale early enough to forward plan, ie. next May, what was it that made you disillusioned/unimpressed with Jet2?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Slodge, I have flown with Ryanaire for years and have never had a problem with them, but they don't put their flights up for sale early enough to forward plan, ie. next May, what was it that made you disillusioned/unimpressed with Jet2?

TenerifeTeddy
14-07-2012, 23:55
We flew return flights on Jet2 last August for my daughters wedding. TFS to Gatwick. We had sensible flight times and overall good service, we much prefer them to RyanAir.

karinagal
14-07-2012, 23:57
We flew with Jet2 from Glasgow and would definitely use them again if the price is right. Legroom etc same as Ryanair. Had no problems.

AJP
14-07-2012, 23:59
Flown with both companies and have to say Jet2 are by far and away the better airline to fly with,less hassle with booking online,less hassle checking in luggage,less hassle on route,in general,less hassle all round,and not much difference price wise,in fact I,d pay a little bit extra to fly with Jet2

slodgedad
15-07-2012, 00:02
In reply to Carol 55, (My quote button isn't working at the mo)

jet 2 seats were very uncomfortable and the staff were very unhelpful when travelling with a stroke sufferer.

Service on board was mediocre

The staff at Ryanair bent over backwards to help.

macdonald5
15-07-2012, 00:03
Yes agree Carol, we have booked May 2013 and Oct 2013 already with Jet2
Ryanair were acceptable though I do not like his business ethos but when you need to preplan, Jet 2 are available earlier with great times and luggage allowance at ok prices in today's Market

Slodge, I have flown with Ryanaire for years and have never had a problem with them, but they don't put their flights up for sale early enough to forward plan, ie. next May, what was it that made you disillusioned/unimpressed with Jet2?[/QUOTE]

jolfc
15-07-2012, 04:47
we have used jet2 four times now from leeds/bradford and we find them very good for a budget airline. lots of baggage allowance, easy check in etc. monarch start next year from leeds, but after comparing prices with jet2 we shall stick with jet2, monarch are a lot more expensive and flight times are not as good. i too was wary using jet2, but very happy since we started using them, :spin:

Angusjim
15-07-2012, 08:07

I have flown twice with them 1st time flight from hell but that was down to 2 families from hell sitting around us. Whats to choose between them all if you are happy with price & fight times, pay your money / get on plane / get off at other end job done, one thing I did not think the leg room was as good as Ryanair.
Book and enjoy:)

TenerifeFanatic
15-07-2012, 08:27
We have used Jet2 since they started up!! First class service from both Glasgow and Tenerife airports. Staff were great on every flight and we are booked up for 2013 holidays. Usually book extra leg room seats and last time had row 33 but in future I will avoid these seats as the drinks trolley took an hour and a half to reach us. All in all an excellent airline!!

Jackalina
15-07-2012, 09:50
Would only use Jet 2 if the price is right because it flies from Glasgow which is nearer then Prestwick for us. Don't think it is any better than Ryanair. Never had any trouble with Ryanair only the other passengers!!!

mariben
15-07-2012, 10:04
My mum uses Jet2 all the time from Glasgow to Tenerife she refuses to use any other airline, she thinks Jet2 is a great airline, good price, usually on time, plenty leg room and great baggage allowance, she has never had any problems, we have to agree we use them flying to Glasgow very reliable.

minimadmandy
15-07-2012, 10:40
We flew return flights on Jet2 last August for my daughters wedding. TFS to Gatwick. We had sensible flight times and overall good service, we much prefer them to RyanAir.

I didn't think they flew from Gatwick?

VideoMem
15-07-2012, 11:01
We too have flown from Leeds/Bradford 7 times so far (No.8 due on November 6th) great flight times and no problems at all with on board Crew. This time I even managed to use the points you can earn as a
Jet 2.Com member and saved the base cost of return fare from Tenerife for my self and my wife (about £160) With the 22kg luggage allowance (to be paid for of course) and the inclusive 10Kg hand luggage I swear my wife Pat also manages to take the kitchen sink !:lol:

TenerifeTeddy
15-07-2012, 11:02
I didn't think they flew from Gatwick?

Sorry no, you are quite right - It was East Midlands Airport, mixing my trips up, we flew Monarch return to Gatwick.

Carol55
15-07-2012, 19:57
Its good to see so many reviews on this forum that are positive, at times you read airline reviews on sites like Skytrax, Tripadvisor etc. where a lot of people appear to relish in writing only negative reviews.

ndevr
19-07-2012, 11:14
Flew with them to Tenerife, found the seats very hard for the flight length although legroom was good.

fesdie
19-07-2012, 14:05
We have flown a lot of times with jet 2 from various airports to Tenerife. We have never had a problem with any of the flights. The only thing I would say is that we find it worth paying to book for seats, not for the extra leg room ones as the leg room is pretty good on their flights but to secure a place at the front of the plane as it is much cooler than if you sit at the back.