PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair hand luggage

mariben
15-07-2012, 10:23
Hi, We are flying Ryanair only taking hand luggage, we want to take a holdall which is light in weight, but as everyone knows holdalls are long and narrow will this be ok, it is within the size required for hand luggage, the lenght of it stood on its side is the height required. We have flown with them before but we took checkin baggage, we know they can be a bit funny with hand luggage so just want to get it right, don't want problems when we try to get on the flight and the say its the wrong shape. cheers

junglejim
15-07-2012, 10:27
As long as it's the correct weight and fits in their little frame you will be ok.

Jackalina
15-07-2012, 10:45
We use a hold all each no problems so far, we sling them over our shoulder so they look light lol.

Leam_Lin
15-07-2012, 11:21
Don't forget handbags + anything you buy at the airport still has to fit in the hand luggage, Monarch now allow you to carry whatever you have bought at the airport (in the airport carrier bag) + your hand luggage allowance.

Vortex Wake
15-07-2012, 12:56
Oversized backpacks can be squashed into size ;) , and can double as a beach/day/shopping bag too.

mariben
15-07-2012, 13:34
Thank you all for your replies they are a great help, you hear so much about problems with hand luggage and its not what you want at the airport. Cheers

KirstyJay
15-07-2012, 14:02
Thank you all for your replies they are a great help, you hear so much about problems with hand luggage and its not what you want at the airport. CheersI get one of the standard size small luggage bags from the Chinese shops. The ones on wheels. As long as you don't over pack it so that you have to unzip the top to expand it, then it fits perfectly in the frames for Ryanair.

Wizzair... well, they have different frames, so I had a stand-up row with one of their guys in Bucharest airport... but I won after producing all their T&Cs. Their frames are the other way round, you see, so the wheels don't go in when you have to put it in sideways ;) I've done about 40 separate flights with that bag as my hand luggage in the past 2 years and that idiot was the only problem I've had. :)